LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE.....Oklahoma GN vs. Ford Race!!

bye's are always good -- I dont know where you are getting your information but I didn't get a bye.

I think Mike Adcock got a first round bye - I raced a Chevy II the 1st round and Mike Lorea 2nd.

Winsett
www.meankidsracing.com

Originally posted by dragradialstang
Compettion bye's are always good!

DRS don't prod the old folks too much about their cars, it'll angry up the blood and they won't be able to sleep tonight!

Whats that old Buick run at the KOTH?

Originally posted by Bronco Johnny
DRS don't prod the old folks too much about their cars, it'll angry up the blood and they won't be able to sleep tonight!

Whats that old Buick run at the KOTH?
5.30's The KOTH board said he had a bye?:confused:

actually it has been a little faster than that but we were running 30's last weekend - hopefully that will be fixed tonight or tomorrow night...

and the KOTH site says...

"The Independence Day weekend race opened in spectacular fashion with 21 of 23 KOTH cars making the call for first round. When the smoke cleared, the winner's list looked like this: Cory Wheat 5.29/133.49; Mike Lorea 5.20/142.27; Mike Adcock 12.63/48.75 (competition bye); Scott Winsett 5.31/137.07; Bud Morgan 5.10/143.45; Tony Thorn 5.08/148.03; Chris Holderness 5.36/114.39; Randy Moore 5.25/135.38; Kim Smith 4.86/142.95; Grant McCrary 5.07/156.30 and Scott Watkins 5.69/123.56 (bye run).
"

When I read it I see where you could be getting confused - Mike Adcock got the bye because someone couldn't make the call or something.

Winsett
www.meankidsracing.com

Scott your buick is fast!I know that white nova with flames usually runs 5.20-s 5.30s and you walked him pretty bad.

Too bad you'll probally be the fastest buick out there and won't be able to beat the mustangs quickest!

Originally posted by whiteboy
Too bad you'll probally be the fastest buick out there and won't be able to beat the mustangs quickest!

So what if he won't be able to beat a supercharged alcohol mountain motor Pro Mod :rolleyes:

If only three races had gone to Buicks last year (13's and slower), they would have won.

Originally posted by blackshoebox
Im guessing it is fast enough to cover your slug....;)

You would be correct sir, but its not that much faster.

(and borrowing a line from the old folks over here at Turbobuick.com....)

Besides, my car is a STREET car....LOL

BRONCO Johnny
(and borrowing a line from the old folks over here at Turbobuick.com....)
Besides, my car is a STREET car....LOL

You may be on to something there Bronco Johnny, maybe a slight rule change that would incoporate a 50 mile loop thru Noble up to the streets of Norman and back would do the event wonders. After all street cars are street cars, and that's what this event is all about right? Atleast I thought it was. Anyway, at last years event I know of 3 cars in the 120-130 ish range that were driven to the event from Tulsa and back, thats about a 200 mile round trip and yes they are "Street cars." For or Against?

I am not going to get hung up on who I can out run and who I can't - racing heads up in an actual event is a completely different world... racing heads up next to a guy that has a $60,000.00 Pat Musi motor is a different world. Watching a car with doors and lights run 163 in the 1/8th is amazing.

SO with that said you are right - I may go and I may have the fastest buick and it may not be as fast as the fastest Ford... but thats a ton of speculation and untill it happens we will never know - I don not attend this event to come home and get on the net and talk a bunch of $hit... I go to have a good time, and usually I do most of the time. One this is for sure - if I do get to race the fastest Ford there... it will be a race to the end and I bet $$$ the people watching will enjoy it...

take care

Winsett
www.meankidsracing.com

Originally posted by Winsett

One this is for sure - if I do get to race the fastest Ford there... it will be a race to the end and I bet $$$ the people watching will enjoy it...

take care

Winsett
www.meankidsracing.com

Yuo are very correct sir!
I will have my cobra there reedy to beat some buycks,but not yours ok

Thanks for the tip:D

Sounds like a helluva good time, I definately would like to make it. With all the talk about 8 and 9 sec stangs I was wondering if I should even bother, but UnGn makes it sound like us little guys could make a difference.

LMAO! I havent seen Connely make a pass in the last 2 years Ive been going to the event. Somebody should tell him its a race and not a car show.

I should have my junk all dialed in by the race.

we've noticed that too....

Originally posted by bsharer
LMAO! I havent seen Connely make a pass in the last 2 years Ive been going to the event. Somebody should tell him its a race and not a car show.

You guys should try to talk Billy Glidden or John Force to park their Mustang in the Pits and pretend like they are going to run us.

Even a cardboard cutout of Billy Glidden would work.