Lifter ? with Pics

Lee Thompson

My bestest friend believes these to be Crower lifters. Anyone with experience with these? Especially the open tie bar. Tell me all you know!!! Thanks

Attachments

• lifters 001 (Small).jpg
    lifters 001 (Small).jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 353
  • lifters 002 (Small).jpg
    lifters 002 (Small).jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 310
  • lifters 003 (Small).jpg
    lifters 003 (Small).jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 343
  • lifters 004 (Small).jpg
    lifters 004 (Small).jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 341
Yes, they are Isky. That is all I run in my circle track motors. Turn them 8500 and have never had a lifter problem and I don't run a rev kit.

lifters

Hello Lee,

I ran those lifters twice and both broke the roller and wiped out both cams. Of course, I run 350#'s of seat pressure on stage 2 heads with twin turbo's. The lifters came in 2 busch motors I bought and converted to turbo motors. Maybe less seat pressure and the lifters live, they certainly did in the busch engines. They definately are isky's.

bob

Thanks to all who replied

Hello Lee,

I ran those lifters twice and both broke the roller and wiped out both cams. Of course, I run 350#'s of seat pressure on stage 2 heads with twin turbo's. The lifters came in 2 busch motors I bought and converted to turbo motors. Maybe less seat pressure and the lifters live, they certainly did in the busch engines. They definately are isky's.

bob

STGMAN, I assume you mean 350 # of closed seat pressure==bunch. Just curious as to what you found to hold up to that amount of pressure.
Mine is in the 160 range so should be OK if I decide to use them. The open end links had seem a little scary to me. Thanks

Definitely Isky. Isky offers a rebuild service for around $11.00 each. They install new rollers, axles and needles.

I'm using these with #360 on the seat with S2 heads.

Gary, I have a set of 16 Jesel tie-bar lifters. These were in a buick headed SBC. I believe these are all .100 off set. Will work perfectly in a stage 2 block with stage 2 heads and have 2 spare sets. Nice Condition $185.00 shipped to your door if intrested. thanks Mike :cool:

Attachments

• JESSEL TIE BAR LIFTERS.JPG
    JESSEL TIE BAR LIFTERS.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 182