Lost oil pressure

UPDATE: I finally had a chance to look at the GN. Dropped oil pan... and pick up tube is attached securely despite my prayers that it had just fallen out :(

Oil has a silvery sheen to it.
...... HUGE SIGHHHH....
So.... looks like im doing an engine swap. I still have engine from my totalled GN in March 2012. but...its been sitting on the stand with no maintenance since then.

Any ideas on where to start.... this will be my first swap... I know to change fluids and general cleaning... but is gaskets necessary?

also... I just had heads & valves redone on current engine... should i use those heads on the 2012 engine?

thanks everyone. .. if it wasnt for you all... and especially Ross, Bison and TB3.... Id be hangin up my GN hat for good ^huge hug^

If you've done nothing to the old engine then you need to tear it apart to check things. It's very possible that the cylinders have rusted since then. If that's the case then you'll need to at least hone the cylinders and replace the rings. Are either of the heads ported or still stock.

Thx for the info hon... Heads are stock, not ported. Would cylinders rust even if i left fluids in the block?

Spare have a lot of miles on it?
Has the spare engine been disassembled, before? If not, I'd leave the heads on, pull the pan to look things over, and run it.
A bore scope could take a peek above the pistons. A look from the pan would also be good.

I left a 3.8 on the stand for over 2 years in the garage, then pulled the heads to put stockers on it. No rust at all on the cylinder walls. I had it covered with a plastic trash bag.

We're the spark plugs and intake manifold left in/on the engine? If so I would just run it without touching it other than priming oil system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk