You can type here any text you want

low 02's at idle and rough idle

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

QUIP'6'

Brian Roman
this is a video showing my low 02's with erics chip tried several chips and 02 sensors but no luck. as you can see all my numbers are in spec except the o2's. the code 41 is the cam sensor i unplugged and when i did it hardly idled. now when i hit the alky button they jump to 800's and when the alky is used up they jump down to low numbers if i let it idle longer it will go to single and double digets. when i put it in gear the o2's go to 780's and stay there but in park they desend please help!!!!!

When tuning the car for cruise and idle you should be watching blm's. 122 is not bad.

When tuning the car for cruise and idle you should be watching blm's. 122 is not bad.

that i know but it doesnt explain the reason of my problem this is in park my o2's should be high 700's not single and double and low triple digits and why when i tap the test button and the idle smooths out and runs good till its used up in the plenum also why are my numbers good even though the o2's are low and idle is crappy

Was it raining while your were filming this?

The reason I ask is that I see liquid hitting and running down your windshield right infront of the scanmaster when you hit the alky test button.

So maybe you have a vacuum leak allowing the alky to spray out of the engine compartment and onto the windshield? A vacuum leak would throw the maf sensor readings off and make the car idle rough because of the lack of fuel. Then by hitting the test button on the alky kit you are supplementing the loss of fuel at idle.

Also did you notice that you have malfuction code 41 on your scanmaster. Code 41 indicates cam sensor failure or possibly a wiring problem associated with the cam sensor.

Was it raining while your were filming this?

The reason I ask is that I see liquid hitting and running down your windshield right infront of the scanmaster when you hit the alky test button.

So maybe you have a vacuum leak allowing the alky to spray out of the engine compartment and onto the windshield? A vacuum leak would throw the maf sensor readings off and make the car idle rough because of the lack of fuel. Then by hitting the test button on the alky kit you are supplementing the loss of fuel at idle.

Also did you notice that you have malfuction code 41 on your scanmaster. Code 41 indicates cam sensor failure or possibly a wiring problem associated with the cam sensor.

hey john no it wasnt raining that is a bug and i wrote in the description that i disconnected the cam sensor that is why i have a code 41 but thanks for the input

come on guys put on your thinking caps. i know i am not the only one with that had this problem. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Hey Brian,
Did you try that closed loop idle chip I sent? Also, see if there is any relationship between when your cooling fan comes on, and when the idle goes lean.

Hey Brian,
Did you try that closed loop idle chip I sent? Also, see if there is any relationship between when your cooling fan comes on, and when the idle goes lean.
yes no different thanks and yes i checked this i even dissconnected fan and still have this issue i am going carazy over this why are my other numbers great and when i put it in gear it jumps up and locks on high 02's

That narrow band o2 is not really worth a crap. Now that the weather is getting colder it will take a lot longer to heat the sensor to operating temp. It has a very narrow range that it will actually work in and temperature is the key ingredient. Once you get a wideband you will see exactly what I'm talking about. You could have a 13.5 afr and be anywhere from 030-850mv on the stock o2. Thats no exaggeration. It's all about temp.

Your IAC of 16 is too low. Should be 25 -40 I believe. Is it blowing white smoke out of the exhaust? Mine did when my fuel injector connector came lose. My IAC went to -0- and it idled poorly. Also didn't run too good on 5 cylinders.

Your IAC of 16 is too low. Should be 25 -40 I believe. Is it blowing white smoke out of the exhaust? Mine did when my fuel injector connector came lose. My IAC went to -0- and it idled poorly. Also didn't run too good on 5 cylinders.

iac should be 10 to 20 at idle maybe 25 to 40 in gear. no smoke thanks

That narrow band o2 is not really worth a crap. Now that the weather is getting colder it will take a lot longer to heat the sensor to operating temp. It has a very narrow range that it will actually work in and temperature is the key ingredient. Once you get a wideband you will see exactly what I'm talking about. You could have a 13.5 afr and be anywhere from 030-850mv on the stock o2. Thats no exaggeration. It's all about temp.
i understand the issues with narrow band o2's but the chip i got from eric should lock on to 02's around 750 to 800 at idle mine all have done this but for some reason it quite doing this i tried different ones with no success. there is a change from park to placing it in gear.

Does the lean idle happen when the engine is cold or only after it's warm? I notice that on my TT chip if I start the car again while its still hot that it idles lean (15-17 on the WB) until the close loop timout, yes, even though idle is still open loop... But on first start of the day (cold engine) it idles great...usually around 13.5-13.8. HTH.

Does the lean idle happen when the engine is cold or only after it's warm? I notice that on my TT chip if I start the car again while its still hot that it idles lean (15-17 on the WB) until the close loop timout, yes, even though idle is still open loop... But on first start of the day (cold engine) it idles great...usually around 13.5-13.8. HTH.

dont have wide band do i dont know all i know is this started graually and now got worse sometimes it will goto 000

Check your injectors, make sure they are all working properly. you could have some issues with an injector sticking or maybe not Squirting at all..

Check your injectors, make sure they are all working properly. you could have some issues with an injector sticking or maybe not Squirting at all..

how do i check this and why is the o2's and idle great when i put it in gear. is there something in computor that changes

Back