You can type here any text you want

making the switch vacum brakes need help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tobias

Ok I decided to make the move went to auto zone got a the master cylinder /vacuum brakes for 84 gn for my 87 puled everything off and put the new MC. on and it dose not match up to the steel coiled hose thats under the brake fluid resevor ( sorry about the technical terms ) so what now do I just bend them into place ? wont they brake if I do that ?any coments out there I could use some of the members help
thank Tobias

Be gentle and "manipulate" them into position, you should not have any problems with clearances. Just try to line them up the best you can, don't want to cross-thread the flare nuts.
hth

Didn't the 84's have hydroboost? That's the only thing I would swap to.

Vaccum just isn't for me.

making the move vacume brakes

thanks for the advise 6bangr its more then a couple of inches off linning up will they move that far -about 2 to 3 in.

I thought the 84 and the 86/87 did have a diff sys. But I had auto zone pull both model of brakes and they tell me that they are the same part number ?
So I called napa same story, and at this point you probably have figured out I am not the best shade tree mechanic on the block so im confused
and yes I told them 84 vs a nonturbo 87 how can tell if they gave me a hydrboost it has the big pumkin looking mc at the fire wall end and a slanted brake fluid resivor

Yes, I believe the 84's had hydroboost.
The 86/87 had the PowerMaster.
A non turbo 87 will have vaccum brakes.

From your description, you have a vaccum system.
The pumpkin looking thing is your vaccum booster.

Good luck with your system!

Back