Moog 5658 front spring results

I'm sure you guys are aware of this but you shouldn't be tightening the LCA hardware back up with the front suspension drooping. Do whatever you have to do to be able to re-tighten the the LCA with the car's weight on the suspension.

What's the specs on your wheels (width/backspacing) and what size tires are you running?

Rob

Wheels are 17x8, 4.5" of backspacing I think. Bought them at Group A Wheels - they know the proper backspacing for these. Tires are 245/45ZR17 on all 4 corners.

Anybody else install the 5658's? I would like to see more pictures of your cars! I know there are a few of you but I havent seen anything yet.

Nice. I see you are running 5385 springs in the rear. How do you like them and how much did they actually lower the car?

I believe, correct me if I'm wrong, that the 5385 springs are for Camaros and do not have pigtails at the ends?

jsta6, did you trim your rear springs?

Heres a couple pics Shawn Heisel (TA49-WE4)'s bad ass car. He said he is going to send more pics. His set up is using 5658 front springs, stock BJ's, stock spindles, and using the rubber isolators. The rear has 5413's with the rubber isolators and 5lb's in the airbags. Looks damn good!

Attachments

• Shawns car.jpg
    Shawns car.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 1,039
  • shawns car1.jpg
    shawns car1.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 1,007
What did he use for isolators? Again, this is a great thread. I'm about to purchase this combo, although the parts store couldn't find a listing for the 5413's. Anyone run into that?

What did he use for isolators? Again, this is a great thread. I'm about to purchase this combo, although the parts store couldn't find a listing for the 5413's. Anyone run into that?

If you're parts store can't look up Moog 5413 find a new parts store. I got mine from Rock Auto just because shopping online is more convenient for me and they were delivered in two days.

I hear you. I had my parts department call in for them, sometimes they get lost without an application. I try and use CarQuest because I get stuff at jobber. Any word on the isolators and if they are needed?

The rubber isolators he used are there from the factory to insulate the spring from the frame. Some people take these out to get a little lower of a stance. I used them because I hate a squeeky car but sometimes they dont squeek to bad.

Nice. I see you are running 5385 springs in the rear. How do you like them and how much did they actually lower the car?

I like them but I want to lower it another inch or two. Can't say how much it lowered the car because I went from the stock rim / tire / 15 y/o spring combo to a very low profile tire (225/50/15 I think) on the stock rim and the 5385's. (Then I went to some 16" GNX style wheels then to some 16" wheels like I have now and then to the 17" ones I have now.)

I believe, correct me if I'm wrong, that the 5385 springs are for Camaros and do not have pigtails at the ends?

jsta6, did you trim your rear springs?

The 5385's DO have the pigtails. I am planning on getting some of the cargo style so that I can trim them.

I DID trim some stock style springs with the pig tails in the cutlass, and I haven't had any problems yet. But I would imagine that you would have to catch some pretty big air to make those suckers pop-out...

dscf1201x2fh9.jpg

Wow, that has a perfect stance! I'll have to look into the 5385's a little more. Where did you hear about them? It looks to me like they lowered your GN nicely in the rear! Good job!

My car sits 26" F and 26.5 R on stock springs and 20 yr old Bilsteins. I want to replace w/ new stuff that will take me down 1" Front (also doin spindles...yeah I know, but I don't care)and 1.5-2" rear if the orig really is supposed to be 27" wheel well to ground. I have air ride, but am scrapping that, I just cant make myself put it on, I think my DD truck is getting it now.
What moogs would get me 25.5"-26" Front and 25.5" rear coming off OEM 27"?

As far as the front goes, why not just do tall lower ball joints and the Moog 5658 springs? That will get you 25.5" and correct the front end geometery allowing you to run larger wheels without rubbing. Probably wouldnt cost too much more than the spindles.

The 5385's DO have the pigtails. I am planning on getting some of the cargo style so that I can trim them.

I DID trim some stock style springs with the pig tails in the cutlass, and I haven't had any problems yet. But I would imagine that you would have to catch some pretty big air to make those suckers pop-out...

dscf1201x2fh9.jpg

Could you measure the rear from the ground to the bottom of the quarter panel lip above the tire on the GN with the 5385's? Then let me know what size tire you are running and I'll figure out how much it dropped the car! ------Jeremy

Could you measure the rear from the ground to the bottom of the quarter panel lip above the tire on the GN with the 5385's? Then let me know what size tire you are running and I'll figure out how much it dropped the car! ------Jeremy

Surely... :cool:

Where can i purchase the moog springs and the ats spindles? Are mods required for using the ats spindles with the c5 brakes?