My 180 + MPH pass

I have nothing to proove here. Let it go away.

I will do it at a track like I have before !! ;)

So your old record stands? If you say you reviewed the data and it happened there is a new record.
I have not read where you said " yes, it went 180"
If not we will have to wait all the way till Norwalk damnit!

I think Don's car is more than capable of running 180. I do think we need a new rule in Buick racing since these record breaking runs are such a big deal to some. They should be set at an event and they should also be backed up within 1%. Nhra and every other drag racing uses this method why don't we use it in Buick racing?

View attachment 146076

330 to the 1/8th Don was .006 quicker than Manny

1/8th to 1000 ft he was .069 quicker

1000 ft to 1/4 mi he was .11 seconds quicker with Manny having problems

Manny should have been on a 170 mph run picking up 35 from the 1/8th

180 doesn't jive based on the slip

Pls explain how you come up with that this doesnt jive ,low et usually equal big mph and i think manny lifted a head,so explain how your scientific method figured this out ?

I'm not tryin to start anything ,but seem alot of people don't look around that this is very common in small tire radial class nowadays lot guys easy out the hole causin big mph on the other end ,so this is very possible ,that all got to say.

and by the way had fun at the nats and enjoy seein every one .

I think Don's car is more than capable of running 180. I do think we need a new rule in Buick racing since these record breaking runs are such a big deal to some. They should be set at an event and they should also be backed up within 1%. Nhra and every other drag racing uses this method why don't we use it in Buick racing?

I agree with you, Manny. When we review the rules over the winter, I am going to propose that we back up any records within 1% There isn't any Bonus or money for setting a record. It's just for bragging rights, so it's never been a big deal.

I have nothing to proove here. Let it go away.

I will do it at a track like I have before !! ;)

I agree with you, Manny. When we review the rules over the winter, I am going to propose that we back up any records within 1% There isn't any Bonus or money for setting a record. It's just for bragging rights, so it's never been a big deal.

Not a big deal? Back up records within 1%? I'm confused.

If it's not a big deal then why the questions?

-It is possible that he ran that fast. It was only about 3.5 more mph than his previous mph record.
-Don had the only car that exceeded 170mph four times before turning it up for the 180 pass.
-The air was the best we've had at any race this year.
-Don already said let it go and he would prove it at the track.

Guess that sums it up. Don has always backed his ET/MPH up in TSM (8.89, 8.97) and TSO (176, 175) so I figure he will do it again with the 180mph as he stated in his post above.

the runs where the MPH was off..the MPH was waaay off - like 9.8 at 169mph

seeing the run in person, there's little doubt(in my mind) that he didn't run 180mph. i can say when he got back in it on that run...it took off like a rocket. that car is making way more power than any other car in TSO

Not a big deal? Back up records within 1%? I'm confused.

If it's not a big deal then why the questions?

-It is possible that he ran that fast. It was only about 3.5 more mph than his previous mph record.
-Don had the only car that exceeded 170mph four times before turning it up for the 180 pass.
-The air was the best we've had at any race this year.
-Don already said let it go and he would prove it at the track.

Guess that sums it up. Don has always backed his ET/MPH up in TSM (8.89, 8.97) and TSO (176, 175) so I figure he will do it again with the 180mph as he stated in his post above.

Jason,

Your right, it aint no big deal... id just be happy when i get my junk out to feel what its like to get passed at 180 !!

record or no record he's still hauling ass. and for now its still the best lookn TR in the land imo.

View attachment 146076

330 to the 1/8th Don was .006 quicker than Manny

1/8th to 1000 ft he was .069 quicker

1000 ft to 1/4 mi he was .11 seconds quicker with Manny having problems

Manny should have been on a 170 mph run picking up 35 from the 1/8th

180 doesn't jive based on the slip

If Don's combo has picked up 39mph on previous passes between the 1/8 and 1/4, then I certainly think with it turned up picking up 42mph out the back due to pedaling / soft 60 foot, etc is very possible.

Example, my car is not nearly as fast (I'm working on it though), but a pass I made this year on a scraped track which was garbage to make the car work for the first 300 feet, I had basically blown the tires off a couple times, got in and out of it, and about 400 feet out the car finally got planted and I stuck it out the back. I went 10.55 @ 155mph... my mph at the 1/8 was 112. Thats 43mph out the back....

My car typically on passes where there is no pedaling picks up 36ish. (only been 8.40 @ 166 so far with soft 1.38-1.40 60s)

Congrats DON!! Bad ass car! I look forward to racing TSO in the spring and am going to have to work on jedi mind trick ninja tactics when I line up with you in 2012.