My First 1/4 Mile Outing

Why would you want to chase the fueling with a chip that is loaded with fuel at higher rpm? You should order 5 turbo tweak chips with different fueling/timing for different boost and have the block learn locked at WOT.

BPE2013@hotmail.com
Why would I want to waste all that money? What I'm doing seems to work... Buy a chip once...be done with it:D

Why would I want to waste all that money? What I'm doing seems to work... Buy a chip once...be done with it:D
Theres performance left on the table that's why. I order chips for intended mph then I plot out the timing and have it burned into the chip vs mph. There's no way the fuel at 4800 up is even close if you have a chip burned for good heads. Then again you're not logging anything so there's no way to know consistently if your rich or lean.

BPE2013@hotmail.com

When I ordered my TT chip, I specifically said I wanted a chip burnt for 25+psi, and be able to run a 10.50 1/4 mile times. Wouldn't all the necessary fuel/timing requirements be programmed into the chip already?

Granted, I don't have heads and cam yet, but, I don't see why I can make this chip work with what I got with some very fine tuning. I'm sure theres more left in it like you said. But part of the fun, at least for me, is to make what I currently have work. Even if it isn't the normal way of doing things. I'm still progressing, getting faster, lowering my 60ft, etc.

Btw, It's very exciting figuring out what works and what doesn't. I have logged every pass I have ever made with this car, so it's easy to make small adjustments. If that adjustment didn't help, I would just go back to my last adjustment that did work, and start over. Kind of tedious...I know. But that's how I ran this 11.3@119:geek:

My PL should be finished up tomorrow so I can really see what is going on. I'm sure thee is still a lot to improve upon.

Just keep doing what your doing RB. You have been around long enough to tune oldschool like the rest of us have in the past. Your PL will be a great tool to do all the fine tuning. I have run Eric's chips with other mods in mind and ran 11.34 with the stock stuff years ago.

I had mine at 17° in 3rd.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I will experiment with my car this Saturday at the 1/8 mile track here. Nearest 1/4 mile won't be open this weekend. Unless, I decided to drive to another track (Famoso) that is in Bakersfield, CA 5 hours away... Hmmm, I might!

Hey, Did you see any difference having it at 17* in 3rd?

I know a lot of guys run lower timing with higher boost with good results.[/QUOTE]
I was getting a couple little blips of kr in third, so I backed off the boost and timing a little. I didn't completely get rid of it until I pulled a little fuel out. It was running extremely rich. My Nb, and WB are saying different things right now.

Just keep doing what your doing RB. You have been around long enough to tune oldschool like the rest of us have in the past. Your PL will be a great tool to do all the fine tuning. I have run Eric's chips with other mods in mind and ran 11.34 with the stock stuff years ago.

Thanks for the encouragement, I'll keep doing what I've been doing. Also, I wasn't able to get my PL installed like I planned, due to family obligations... So, hopefully next week.

In the mean time, I just arrived in Bakersfield, Fomoso Drag Way, 4.5 hour drive from San Diego... I'm hoping too better my current times with some small tweaking. Wish me luck, hopefully I won't blow it up or break something tomorrow.. lol

I had mine at 17° in 3rd.[/
I was getting a couple little blips of kr in third, so I backed off the boost and timing a little. I didn't completely get rid of it until I pulled a little fuel out. It was running extremely rich. My Nb, and WB are saying different things right now.[/QUOTE]

I will take out some timing tomorrow, and watch things very closely. I'm interested to see if it will help out any when I raise the boost to 30+ psi. :confused: I want that 10.99!;)

I was getting a couple little blips of kr in third, so I backed off the boost and timing a little. I didn't completely get rid of it until I pulled a little fuel out. It was running extremely rich. My Nb, and WB are saying different things right now.

I will take out some timing tomorrow, and watch things very closely. I'm interested to see if it will help out any when I raise the boost to 30+ psi. :confused: I want that 10.99!;)[/QUOTE]
Good luck!

Well, didn't get a 10.99 yet guys. I couldn't get my boost to go past 28.3 psi. Wondering if my 3 bar map sensor is maxed out or what? Anyways...

I did however run an 11.2x @ 120 the convertor was not locked on this run. New best 1/8 mile was 7.1@ 96 mph.

I pretty happy with this for now...more to come. lol

Well, didn't get a 10.99 yet guys. I couldn't get my boost to go past 28.3 psi. Wondering if my 3 bar map sensor is maxed out or what? Anyways...

I did however run an 11.2x @ 120 the convertor was not locked on this run. New best 1/8 mile was 7.1@ 96 mph.

Nice mph!

Nice! Locked converter probably would have got you 122+...my best was 124 with 28" tires.

Nicely done Ray!!!! Do you still have the stock intake on that thing? Shoot me a text the next time you go out.

Yes, map is maxxed.