My Fuel System Parts List

Piece of cake to snake these relatively skinny TFE lines up just like the factory lines but I deviated and went over the parking brake line.

487d5zh

45noxa6

4h3eznp

Notice the new adjustable upper control arms while it was all apart- Thanks JD

Made some more progress.

From the right, straight up into a weldon filter, a 180 to the pump, another 180 to another filter, then 90 out to the line which feeds the rail. I got the one filter which is -12, waiting on -12oring to -10 an adapters.

4rsdwt3

The feed to the factory rail is

5/8 dowty seal, cut 16mm to -8an adapter, 8- female/female swivel, -8 male/male, 90* -8 female/female, -8 male/male, straight -8 TFE hose end.

487c77r

Weldon.

This pump ain't no joke.

4e6ntyb

That pump looks like it will get the job done for sure. I went with the Fuelab with it's high & low speeds it's been working good so far.

Attachments

• pump.jpg
    pump.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 337
  • tank.jpg
    tank.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 310
Gettin' closer. Decided to see what the space was like in there. Here's the pump mounted and the filters hanging off it. I'm thinking the plate to mount the filters can be vertical with a triangular bracket to keep the bottom from moving on hard launches.

45n3sx5

got a question, with the

RobbsMc -10/-10 ½ inch anodized GBody pickup $235
RobbMc Performance Products - GM 1/2" Sending Unit

what is the smallest part of this setup? let say you have -10 lines to a -10 rail is the smallest part the inlet where the pickup is. i know its got -10 an's but whats the ID of the suction hose. can it suck enough to support the -10 an fittings?

That pump looks like it will get the job done for sure. I went with the Fuelab with it's high & low speeds it's been working good so far.

Curious about your tank. Whats going on there. you just drill and add AN fittings? any problems with cavation like that. please let us know

did some more reading. so the pickup is 1/2" which is like a -8an, is there any advantage to running a -10 line all the way up since you will still be limited by the 1/2" pickup?

did some more reading. so the pickup is 1/2" which is like a -8an, is there any advantage to running a -10 line all the way up since you will still be limited by the 1/2" pickup?

I am only running -10 from the tank to the filters and pump. After the second filter it is converted to -8 all the way to the fuel rail, which is -8 limited with the factory thread for the single feed.

got a question, with the

RobbsMc -10/-10 ½ inch anodized GBody pickup $235
RobbMc Performance Products - GM 1/2" Sending Unit

what is the smallest part of this setup? let say you have -10 lines to a -10 rail is the smallest part the inlet where the pickup is. i know its got -10 an's but whats the ID of the suction hose. can it suck enough to support the -10 an fittings?

I was thinking the larger -10 from the pickup to the first filter and pump would make it a little easier to prime. You're right, the -10 line is larger than the 1/2 inch tube in the pickup. You could always drill out the anodized housing and seal in a a bigger tube if you were to need to go really big. I'm using the factory feed rail so my limit is -8 so the pickup size isn't the bottleneck for my setup at this time, as far as I can tell.

Curious about your tank. Whats going on there. you just drill and add AN fittings? any problems with cavation like that. please let us know

I used the gas tank from my N/A 84 Regal which has a baffle like wall just past the two -12 fuel bungs that you see there. I would have put them further back but that baffle would not allow me to get the nut on the bungs to tighten them up. I got the idea from Chuck Leeper after he told me he did a -10 on a stock turbo tank using the baffle as a sump. I did not want to weld a sump on the tank from hearing all the stories of the rusting that happens after welding. No cavation so far using the two -12's into a Y block then -10 all the way to the fuel rail. I also keep the tank full when i drive the car to prevent any cavation from happening. I haven't had a problem so far.

Im working on a similar set up-planning on putting a check valve on the supply tube on the sender to keep the pump primed. wouldnt it be a slight advantage to run the -12 an line to a "Y" terminal near the firewall reduced down to -8an (1/2") at the fuel rails- i ll be doing a dual feed to my BGC intake. I plan on running 100% E-85 so the weldon pump wont work- says its not compatable with ethanol. I also plan on installing my pump/filter set up in the spare wheel compartment in the trunk for ease of access to it.

Im working on a similar set up-planning on putting a check valve on the supply tube on the sender to keep the pump primed. wouldnt it be a slight advantage to run the -12 an line to a "Y" terminal near the firewall reduced down to -8an (1/2") at the fuel rails- i ll be doing a dual feed to my BGC intake. I plan on running 100% E-85 so the weldon pump wont work- says its not compatable with ethanol. I also plan on installing my pump/filter set up in the spare wheel compartment in the trunk for ease of access to it.

I'm doing research for a friend of mine who needs help. Im trying to figure out the best way to go on his setup. anyways from what i have read if you run either a -10 or bigger ,on hard lauches the fuel tryes to push back towards the pump thus causing a issue during lauch.

maybe i ll just use -8an feedline to the rail and a -8an return-should eliminate any potential problems.

wonder if its better to -10 it up the the rail and then use a Y and run dual -8an's and dual feed the rail

wonder if its better to -10 it up the the rail and then use a Y and run dual -8an's and dual feed the rail

#1 won't go lean as easily if you feed the rails from a Y. That's probably the best setup, Y to feed both sides, a Y from both sides and to a single regulator for the return.

so whats the best option

option 1- -10 off the hanger, -10 pump, to a -10 to the front of the car to a Y -10 for a dual feed

Option 2 - -10 off the hanger, -10 pump, -10 to the front of the car to a Y -8 dual feed

Option 3, -8 off the hanger, -8 to the pump, -8 to the front of the car to a Y -8 dual feed