You can type here any text you want

Need Better 60's (Shock Settings)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Boost231

What's An Intercooler
Staff member
Trying to better my 60 foot times.

Best of a 1.52 of the T-Brake @ 16psi

QA1 on all 4 single adjustable

Running MT 28X9 Slicks with 14psi of air i think

Rear suspension has all HR parts, HR Bar, HR adjust uppers, + 1/4 Lowers, Set at -2.5 if i remember right

My question are with the shock settings and any other help

Have the fronts set at 6 and the rears at 4 from the softest. Best of 1.52

Went stiffer in the rear shocks as i remember reading if the track is hooking up well, stiffen the rear but i might be wrong. went to 7 clicks from soft 12 being the stiffest and it didn't improve at all did 1.54-1.56 if i remember right.

I'm using stock T wheels with no rim screws. not sure if the rims are spinning on the tires so i will mark them next time. any help would be great. car runs 11.00 :wink:

I assume you are spinning???
Have you tried the footbrake off 7 or 8psi? I have never launched off more than that, and have gone high 1.4's in mid to high 10 sec cars on drag radials with less suspension work.

Hard to say. i would think its spinning some as well. The data logs show a raise in RPM of the launch then it drops down and comes back up. So i would assume its spinning. I will mark the tires/rims and also lower the boost on lauch

Where is your AFR during spool up/ low boost, and timing at low boost? I would think hitting 1.45 to 1.47 should be possible. With the suspension you have I would even try a 275/60 MT DR. The DR's will roll out quicker. Unless your local track is slick, I would bet you will pick up with a DR once you get the launch right.

You can try less air in the slicks too. I ran 12psi in my 28x10.5 MT, but on an 8" rim. The MT 28x9 are very close in size to a 275/60, the 28x10.5's are alot taller.

let me look at my data logs when i get home. I have the best tunner tunning my car so i know the tune is there. Also i had MT DR on my car last year. this year i decided to try the MT slicks since i wanted to use the Trans brake. I will see which ones i like better later on.

Anything new to report?

I was wondering about shock settings as well. Any improvement by changing your settings?

only been back to the track once.. track prep was crap. couldn't even get a 1.5

i will keep you posted next trip out

Back