need help ,looking at damaged g/n

boostranger

Hello guys ,I am looking at a 1987 g/n forsale near me [300 miles away] owner said it runs good drives good ,nice interior,nice paint,correct rims ,plastics all good ,but says has a bad turbo ,my questions are: how would he know turbo is bad,could there be engine damage from pieces or compressor wheel going thru motor,im no turbo expert ,owned a g/n years ago buy it ran awsum had no issues to deal with ,this seems like a great price if all I have to do is replace turbo? ,aproxx price and good company to go with ,thanks for your help and imput

post up your location, somebody may be able to check it out for you. There are plenty of people here that are willing to help.

Welcome aboard

Bryan

It's unlikely that the large pieces could make it into the engine through the intercooler. Id beware of a bad turbo as an explanation for a poor running car. If the engine or any other part of the carnies referred to as "rebuilt" that's a good sign to ask by who and to what standard. Usually rebuilt means just that. Taken apart and put back together. Not necessarily updated or blueprinted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's unlikely that the large pieces could make it into the engine through the intercooler. Id beware of a bad turbo as an explanation for a poor running car. If the engine or any other part of the carnies referred to as "rebuilt" that's a good sign to ask by who and to what standard. Usually rebuilt means just that. Taken apart and put back together. Not necessarily updated or blueprinted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thanks for the reply ,guy didn't say anything about any kind of rebuild ,just ran good drives good bad turbo ?