Need help on choosing the right turbo size

Yep, def going vband inlet. Gee m headers getting made now.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Have you received your headers from Gee M yet?

I have had issues with fitment of them on the last 4 sets I received.

I just had to reimburse a customer for $500+ after they spent almost $2,000 on these headers, because the flanges weren't flush, the bolt holes didn't line up, and there were gaps between the head and header flanges.

I STRONGLY suggest test-fitting your headers once you receive them.

Out of curiosity, are you familiar with Twin Scroll turbine housings?

You went with a V-band turbine housing connection, correct?

Yes
47191823082f9b6887b20df9a7d8713d.jpg

I'm also not even sure if they put the vband in the correct location, as I am wanting it to be in same position as stock turbo. I have a tig welder, so I can also redo it if needed.

Is that pipe to the right your downpipe? If so, where did you get that from?

What Is that opening right below the v-band flange for? The opening just below the mount for the turbine housing. Is that an external wastegate provision?

Yes, external wastegate. That is their new crossover with flex joint.

I'm also not even sure if they put the vband in the correct location, as I am wanting it to be in same position as stock turbo. I have a tig welder, so I can also redo it if needed.

Where is the crossover pipe?

Those headers arent twin scroll. The way your response was, it seemed like you were saying that you were getting twin scroll headers.

No, I went vband stock style headers to clear ac box. Decided on 72/75 cea turbo. I dont think cam is big enough and compression on this motor is 9to1. I bought the motor already complete, so just going to live with it for now.

Yes, external wastegate. That is their new crossover with flex joint.

Hahaha so they FINALLY listened to us when we said that the headers wouldnt bolt down if the crossover was connected.

Ive had so many issues with these headera that they refused to fix, or wanted us to ship the headers back to Finland, that I stopped selling the headers altogether. I refuse to put my name on the line for a product that has repeatedly arrived incorrect and requiring custom modification in order to have it fit correctly.

Ive already had to give a customer over $500 of my own money to make things right, because they bought a set of these headers and the headers were such junk; bolt holes not lining up, flanges not flat, flanges not sitting flush....that it cost him over $500 to have his fabricator fix everything.

Since I wanted to make things right with him, after I recently sold some of my crank/flexplates I had, and got some money in my pocket, I was able to reimburse him and make things right.

But no matter what, I shouldn't have to dig into my own pocket to make things right when it was never my fault to begin with...

Exactly. I will let you know if these line up correct. The flanges do look flat if I hold a strait edge to them, but not sure if the locations are correct.

No, I went vband stock style headers to clear ac box. Decided on 72/75 cea turbo. I dont think cam is big enough and compression on this motor is 9to1. I bought the motor already complete, so just going to live with it for now.

A 72/75 on E85 (?) with a 220/220 cam, and you think the cam isnt big enough??!

Is this a dedicated race motor, or are you street driving or street racing this?

Exactly. I will let you know if these line up correct. The flanges do look flat if I hold a strait edge to them, but not sure if the locations are correct.

Its not the flanges being flat, is that when you bolt the headers to the heads, the flanges dont sit flush against the exhaust ports. They can be up to 1" away, and the bolt holes on the flange will not all line up correctly. You may have to force or bend the flange/piping in order to get it to fit, which you should NOT have to do for headers this expensive..

Its the gen2 72/75 at 1200hp. I could always have it upgrade to 76/75 1300hp easy. This is a 99% street car.

Its the gen2 72/75 at 1200hp. I could always have it upgrade to 76/75 1300hp easy. This is a 99% street car.

.....you put a 72/75 on a 9:1 CR engine with factory style heads...and you didn't even bother to go twin scroll..which Gee M CAN do on their street headers...

The fact that you didnt go twin scroll tells me exactly what vendor sold these to you, because I know Boost Crew would have at least told you about twin scroll and how beneficial it is to helping you spool...plus the fact you got sold a turbo that is 2 sizes too big for a street car...

Jesus dude, did you just tell them you had a blank check and they could fill in whatever they want?

Sorry Im being a dick..its just I could NEVER see recommending someone a 72/75 for a STREET CAR....especially with 9:1 CR!!??!

Are you at least going to run E85??!

Yes, E85. I have TA heads. 202 intake. Ptc 9.5 non lockup convertor. Its a stroker motor. I guess we will see how it spools. 270 cubic in, so thats why we chose this turbo. Can always make changes next year if needed.

Im only looking to run mid to low 9 and have a reliable street car.