You can type here any text you want

need help on pricing a 86 Gn

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

99ssconv

Banned
What would be a fair price for the buyer and seller.
I found a 86 GN with 18K miles, one owner. Bone stock car with original paint, needs bumper fillers replaced and paint work, said it has some door dings and scratches. couldn't really see that much due to the pics were terrible, no accidents. Was stolen once, column was damaged, don't know if they repaired it correctly though. Any thoughts????????????

Is the car a T Top car and what options are on it? Also a quality paint job that is done correctly will cost at least 5000.00 and if you want to keep the car and its value I would only paint it correctly. A shabby paint job will kill the value. Also does the owner have all of the original paper work like the window sticker, sales order, owners manual ect? Those items help the cars value and authenticate it is a true GN.

non t-top car, I asked for a picture of the rpo list. has crank windows, non digital dash, thats about all I know as of now.

$17.5K but thats not gonna happen with what it needs.
Found out car has hardly any options, no power seat, no power windows, no power door locks, does have power antenna.
No original window sticker, does have owners manual and possible bill of sale.
Asked if the a/c worked, not as good as it used to. This sounds likes its getting worse with every thing I ask.

99ssconv said:
$17.5K but thats not gonna happen with what it needs.
Found out car has hardly any options, no power seat, no power windows, no power door locks, does have power antenna.
No original window sticker, does have owners manual and possible bill of sale.
Asked if the a/c worked, not as good as it used to. This sounds likes its getting worse with every thing I ask.

What makes it expensive is the low miles

Lota sh!t you mentioned about the car scratches dings bad paint,you sure it is not 118,000 miles

said she has carfax, maybe that will show any mileage concerns. She said she bought the car new, drove it for the first year then got a company car for work and basically parked the GN outside under a carport and also in the garage.

99ssconv said:
said she has carfax, maybe that will show any mileage concerns. She said she bought the car new, drove it for the first year then got a company car for work and basically parked the GN outside under a carport and also in the garage.

Then you would have on your hands a low mileage GN that needs more work than a higher mileaged car that was cared for and put into a garage all year long.

If it needs work, i would treat it as a 118K car.

Mileage doesnt reflect what the car is worth, its the condition the car is in.

I would have trouble paying over 7,000 for a legit low mileage GN, that would need interior,exterior work along with all the rubber is probably weathered away. Plus the fact that its been stolen, probably issued a salvage title.

Salvage title doesnt scare me, some insurance companies still think our cars are worth 1200.00 and some owners wouldnt know the difference... To some people its just a car???

Just depends on how nice the car is.

Also, since she purchased it new and the title never changed hands, if the state doesnt do yearly inspections,or the car never goes to a dealership or where ever CARFAX picks up mileage.She could literally put 1,000,000 miles on it and CARFAX wouldnt know the wiser.

How can you trust someones word with lousy pictures??

BW

she said the title was never issued salvage after the theft recovery, also asked for more pictures with better clarity, will see what I get tomorrow.

Just as a reference I just paid $17K for my 17K mile '87 GN. All stock from the original owner (who I know). Interior is perfect (pwr windows/locks), paint is great (several very minor dings and one 1" scratch). Mechanically sound with no issues.

Get better pics and knock the price down from there.

incubus2432 said:
Just as a reference I just paid $17K for my 17K mile '87 GN. All stock from the original owner (who I know). Interior is perfect (pwr windows/locks), paint is great (several very minor dings and one 1" scratch). Mechanically sound with no issues.

Get better pics and knock the price down from there.

Thats what I plan on doing. Thanks for the reply.

I would pass on that car. Too much for an '86 that needs expensive work and no options. Too many nice ones out there for that money or less.

70Mach1 said:
I would pass on that car. Too much for an '86 that needs expensive work and no options. Too many nice ones out there for that money or less.

Amen to that! :cool:

70Mach1 said:
Where are they at? :cool:

Look on EBay Motors . I purchased my car thru EBay Motors from a guy in Texas and I live in NJ. I had the car transported in an enclosed carrier for $1,300 from a great company Inter city lines. Check them out at intercitylines.com All they transport are collector cars and show cars. The car arrived in perfect condition under a cover and they were very professional. You can find Mint cars from the right buyer you just have to be patient and talk to the seller extensively and make sure you feel comfortable with the seller. Check out the slide show of my car. Daves 87 GN

This the detail you need to make a great purchase. Lots of photos of every part of the car. Good Luck

David Erman
C.E.O.
::E-mail ::

Can't check out your link from work, will check it out tonight.

Reason:
The Websense category "Adult Material" is filtered.

Does your GN have its top off or something??? :)

Back