New Bowling Green RACING CLASS 2007

GNocide

rumors of my death are greatly exaggerated
OKAY, SOME OF YOU MAY HAVE HEARD THROUGH KIRBANS INNER CIRCLE news email about a new "bone stock" class at the nationals.

dennis kirban and richard clark will consider sponsering based on interested parties.

idea is to see how many people can go fast (completely-seemingly stock)there are some really clever tunners and tricks that can be done in this class that havent been challenged recently

basicly it goes like this
$1000 1st prize
if entry minimum cars are met.
all stock appearing like from the factory showroom
what cant be seen internally is not penalized(head porting, fuel pumps, converter ect)

so do you have a stock sleeper or what?

if interested ,post in here how many would consider running this class so they can guage partisipation..
thank you

Man that sounds like a real cool deal.
1000 bucks payout is awesome for a guy with a stock car to shoot for!

Damn, I should sell mine and buy a stocker!!! That's more than I got last year with my TSL car!!!!!!! :eek:

Good luck with the class, they tried a stock turbo class last year and Shane was the only one who showed.

I wonder...
Are they still going to run the TFS & TSS classes this year?
These were the stock appearing, very strict rules classes, that had some very quick running cars.
This would be a blast if you owned a mint condition bone stocker with some of Reds grey area goins on at work. ;) When it comes to going super fast and looking bone stock, he has been at the head of the pack for years and I give him much respect.
Interesting, very interesting.

Patrick

What are the rules????

Stock= Iron Heads, Intake, Turbo, IC, Tires, etc....

If so YES SIR!!!!

The TSM rules that were done my Mike L. for Indy were right on for a class like this IMO!!!!!!

Tell you what TurboBuick.com and T6P.com will help sponsor the class as well:biggrin:

I am looking to do the same class at our event, if we ever get it scheduled!

What are the rules????

Stock= Iron Heads, Intake, Turbo, IC, Tires, etc....

If so YES SIR!!!!

The TSM rules that were done my Mike L. for Indy were right on for a class like this IMO!!!!!!

Tell you what TurboBuick.com and T6P.com will help sponsor the class as well:biggrin:

I am looking to do the same class at our event, if we ever get it scheduled!

ill talk to richard tonight becuase he has a handle on whats really allowed

itmt
call dennis kirban to see what has been discussed so far

Good luck with the class, they tried a stock turbo class last year and Shane was the only one who showed.

We ran "TFS" legal at BG last year...we were the only car that i know of...

too bad no one started this class a year sooner..our car is staying at home this year :(

:frown: no adj. fuel pressure regulator than? lol man i couldve had a decent stock appearing car if not for that!

this is not even close to tss

preliminary rules for 1000 + dollars

must look totally stock-if you have to ask-its prolly not legal
stock airbox

1 extra fuse for fuel pump under hood is allowed

stock f/p reg(modified or not)

one clean mounted boost gauge is allowed inside(fast system okay as long as you cant see it)

any dot tires or a 15 or 16 inch matched set of rims

no suspension mods at all -or boxing control arms

car must sit + or - 1 inch front and rear measured from the frame up

no fiberglass bumpers only fillers allowed-no fiberglass at all

stock exhaust manifolds with heat shields-only

get the idea ?
more to follow

Good luck with that. You just wrote out any car that would even consider that class. No way in hell would Shane's TFS car come close to being legal for that class but it was spot on for the TFS class in Indy. You're about 20 years too late to run this class with any kind of car count.

dont care about tss class-the only thing it will share is the fact that the exhaust can be changed- cat still has to be there(gutted or not)

someone may show up with bored and stroked 109
-ported 8445 heads,
3000 stall converter
gears
xfi
and nitros
and just take the money...........
which may be the highest paid class there before its over

I didnt say anything about the TSS class.. maybe you should read my posts a little closer.

And if you're going to require the stock airbox, why allow aftermarket exhausts? Also, you should require stock MAFs because if its going to be STOCK then there should be a stock MAF in place. Not having a MAF but having the stock airbox doesnt make much sense.

STOCK MAF.. not a LT1, etc with a Translator either.

tight rules! i dont know how many people will have anything that looks that stock and if they do i doubt they will want to race it :confused:

I didnt say anything about the TSS class.. maybe you should read my posts a little closer.

And if you're going to require the stock airbox, why allow aftermarket exhausts? Also, you should require stock MAFs because if its going to be STOCK then there should be a stock MAF in place. Not having a MAF but having the stock airbox doesnt make much sense.

STOCK MAF.. not a LT1, etc with a Translator either.
reread it -sorry jay ,
tfs class you mentioned about shane?
my mistake again preliminary rules

here goes some clairification
stock exhaust rust out and are not made anymore-so they are allowed.
if your stock airbox rust out-shame on you brother.....:eek:

no translators -stock maf or stock looking-dont care whats inside if anything-hide a dfi and go mafless

a more complete posting of rules will be posted forthcomming