TSA Class GSCA Bowling Green 2009

Mike,
the TSA "peer" inspection was the only time in my life i was embarrassed to be involved with the Turbo Regal community....
a "certain" group of guys were acting like 3 year olds.....there were six cars in the "show" (my car included) and "they" (even those who didn't have a car in the TSA,but were part of this "group") did everything they could to get me and Red A out of the race.....
my car is a methanol test car,and i wasn't ready for Peer inspection (i just got through with concourse show judging) and haven't made a test run yet ( i got there Thurs morning).so i can understand some of the concerns,but it was ridiculous.they wanted only four cars in the race,so all four would place.my car got "dinged" for more things x10 than concourse judging:rolleyes: ........
Richard ok'd my car back in oct '08 at his open house (as long as I was running alt fuel).....they didn't like that:eek: ......but my argument was a GNX was legal AND wasn't built by GM,so was my car......
just sad......

Gary,

I am sorry that you were embarrassed and feel that you were singled out in TSA peer tech. I personally felt bad and even expressed that to some of the guys down there.

If I understand, you had two issues. One was visually illegal in the TSA rules, the other was discussed here on the board by RC before the Nationals took place. I do feel it became unfair when Red was given an opportunity to address his issues and you were not.

Wasn't Red one of the peers who lead the discussion on advantages of alternative fuel with stock intercooler????? I am positive he said something because I was standing right there.

It appears there is some confusion with concours judging rules and TSA rules. Fact is they are two totally different sets of rules. Car show judging and TSA tech are judged differently. Let's not mix these rules.

I am not going to go into details and do not want to start any flames. You have an extremely nice car. I would be proud to own a car as rare and nice as yours.

Thanks
Bill

Mike,
the TSA "peer" inspection was the only time in my life i was embarrassed to be involved with the Turbo Regal community....
a "certain" group of guys were acting like 3 year olds.....there were six cars in the "show" (my car included) and "they" (even those who didn't have a car in the TSA,but were part of this "group") did everything they could to get me and Red A out of the race.....
my car is a methanol test car,and i wasn't ready for Peer inspection (i just got through with concourse show judging) and haven't made a test run yet ( i got there Thurs morning).so i can understand some of the concerns,but it was ridiculous.they wanted only four cars in the race,so all four would place.my car got "dinged" for more things x10 than concourse judging:rolleyes: ........
Richard ok'd my car back in oct '08 at his open house (as long as I was running alt fuel).....they didn't like that:eek: ......but my argument was a GNX was legal AND wasn't built by GM,so was my car......
just sad......

Glad you spoke up dude...it was BS as stated

i hope Richard doesn't give up on the class,and i know it will grow.i wasn't officially disqualified,but I'm sure it was coming if the weather would have held up for the racing....no problem,I'm still learning...and Ive learned alot this year.
i feel like the peer inspection included people who had no business there,tempers flared some,and there was an unoriginal issue with every car i looked at too,but it was frivolous to point it all out.......we should have fun within the rules and have FUN while doing so.
no flaming,or calling anyone out.......just expressing what i witnessed.

Glad you spoke up dude...it was BS as stated

i see some of the others' views....Red is a legend and it would be like playing some friendly b-ball with Shack or MJ though:eek: ......but competition makes us better....

my car was looked at as some kind of top fuel dragster:biggrin:

I thank RC and DK for opening this class and the generosity/dedication, I do believe it can be a great thing, competitive, and most of all fun.

I think there will be a few changes, and new learning curves for all, as with anything new.

I will admit, I had my car up and starting to change wheels/tires when tech was called for in 5 mins, kinda put our show cars in a little rush. I hope there will be improvement with this timing schedule.

Thanks
Bill

Mike,
a "certain" group of guys were acting like 3 year olds......

Can you be more clear on what group was acting like 3 year olds?
Thanks, Kip

Does it really make a difference? Who cares. Tempers were flaring that was evident at the Kirban tent. Bottom line some folks were being childish and nosing and pushing a bit much. Pouting whatever you want to call it.

i hope Richard doesn't give up on the class,and i know it will grow.

Trust me Gary he is not. Believe me as I have already spoken with him. What happened at BG was actually a good thing. Gives RC a chance to re-think some things and gives all u TSA racers a chance to fix what was wrong for the future. Here will be my suggestion. If there are 6 cars for example there should only be 6 people (including RC) involved in looking at each car unless RC brings an outside person in himself. Too much outside influence from others that had NO DOG in the fight. The actual TSA racers and RC should be the ones looking at the cars.

Thats my 2 cents worth...:cool:

Does it really make a difference? Who cares. Tempers were flaring that was evident at the Kirban tent. Bottom line some folks were being childish and nosing and pushing a bit much. Pouting whatever you want to call it.

To me it makes a difference, if he is calling me a three year old or not. I was present at the Teching of the cars in the staging lanes but no where near the Kirban tent when all that took place, I did hear about it after though.
Just so Gary knows who I am so hecan answer the question easier, I am the guy who pointed out you had a power plate on your car.
Thanks, Kip

To me it makes a difference, if he is calling me a three year old or not. I was present at the Teching of the cars in the staging lanes but no where near the Kirban tent when all that took place, I did hear about it after though.
Just so Gary knows who I am so hecan answer the question easier, I am the guy who pointed out you had a power plate on your car.
Thanks, Kip

Dang Kip, I thought you ran in TSM?

So is it legal to run alcohol in TSA?

Dang Kip, I thought you ran in TSM?

So is it legal to run alcohol in TSA?

Jason, To answer your first question, yes I had plans of running TSM at the Nats this year. I will refer you to the rules for TSA to answer the second question, it is spelled out pretty clear. BTW more people need to read the rules and follow them, them the tech stuff gets easy.
Nice seeing you again, Kip

Trust me Gary he is not. Believe me as I have already spoken with him. What happened at BG was actually a good thing. Gives RC a chance to re-think some things and gives all u TSA racers a chance to fix what was wrong for the future. Here will be my suggestion. If there are 6 cars for example there should only be 6 people (including RC) involved in looking at each car unless RC brings an outside person in himself. Too much outside influence from others that had NO DOG in the fight. The actual TSA racers and RC should be the ones looking at the cars.

thanks Clint....the worst part was all the other classes were done with tech in minutes,and "we" were arguing over non-speed related items?? we all were looking like children.......unsportsman,unproffesional......i was embarrassed.

Thanks, Kip

KIp,I know who you are.....I'm not calling anyone out in particular,not my style....if you're here defending yourself,than that speaks volumes in itself,doesn't it?
did you own a car in TSA? if so,you had a right to be there.
yep,car had a power plate,it came off.wide band came off.rear tire pressure came down to race pressure.
i don't have to defend my car,but i wanted to test my car first with and without certain parts,then get ready for tech/race.....never had a time line or a chance to do so....
moving on now.....enough said.

i wasn't at the Kirban tent ,so I have no idea what happened or was said there.....

You guys are acting like you are racing for $6K or something......oh wait..you are:eek: :) If I had a car there, I would be all over each car making sure it fit the rules.

My $.02

I thank RC and DK for opening this class and the generosity/dedication, I do believe it can be a great thing, competitive, and most of all fun.

I think there will be a few changes, and new learning curves for all, as with anything new.

I will admit, I had my car up and starting to change wheels/tires when tech was called for in 5 mins, kinda put our show cars in a little rush. I hope there will be improvement with this timing schedule.

Thanks
Bill

Bill,

I heard you won gold in the car show?!?! Great job!!

K.

The first year is always the hardest. It was probably a good thing it went down the way it did this year. RC now knows how to handle it from here on out...

K.

If I had a car there, I would be all over each car making sure it fit the rules.

My $.02

That's the way it ought to be, but it's not always just the owner of the car with an interest in that particular car. Sometimes there's seperate engine builders, tuners, vendors, etc. That's why in every class you always have a group or posse around each car...

K.

KIp,I know who you are.....I'm not calling anyone out in particular,not my style....if you're here defending yourself,than that speaks volumes in itself,doesn't it?
did you own a car in TSA? if so,you had a right to be there.
yep,car had a power plate,it came off.wide band came off.rear tire pressure came down to race pressure.
i don't have to defend my car,but i wanted to test my car first with and without certain parts,then get ready for tech/race.....never had a time line or a chance to do so....
moving on now.....enough said.

i wasn't at the Kirban tent ,so I have no idea what happened or was said there.....

This could go on for ever, why don't you tell everyone who you are calling three year olds? You came on here throwing that term around and now when I want calification you act like you are going to take the high road. Finish what you started. I love the "speaks volumes" comment,I am not defending my self, I'm here to talk facts. You admit you brought an ill prepared care to tech, what did you expect to happen?

As for did I have a TSA car there to race, no I did not. I was offered to drive two of the guys cars and declined. I helped three of the guys prepare their cars for the race. I have spent hours on the phone with Richard Clark talking trying to help with this class. If you remeber Richard asked/referenced me several times during tech. So for you to say I should not have been there I think you are out of line.If Richard wanted me to leave all he had to do was ask, remeber it is his class so he makes the decisions.

Take care, Kip

What was wrong with Reds car?

You guys are going to make me convert a car back to stock:biggrin:

This could go on for ever, why don't you tell everyone who you are calling three year olds? You came on here throwing that term around and now when I want calification you act like you are going to take the high road. Finish what you started. I love the "speaks volumes" comment,I am not defending my self, I'm here to talk facts. You admit you brought an ill prepared care to tech, what did you expect to happen?

As for did I have a TSA car there to race, no I did not. I was offered to drive two of the guys cars and declined. I helped three of the guys prepare their cars for the race. I have spent hours on the phone with Richard Clark talking trying to help with this class. If you remeber Richard asked/referenced me several times during tech. So for you to say I should not have been there I think you are out of line.If Richard wanted me to leave all he had to do was ask, remeber it is his class so he makes the decisions.

Take care, Kip

i dont know any of the guys personally......if i did,naming them wouldnt do anything but stir this up worse.....one guy slid under my car on one side,and came out the other......J/K.....
the drain plug on the tranny is stock....someone even said my anti-freeze was the wrong color??
BTW, did you see me break all records with the 13.04 pass??:biggrin: