TSA Class GSCA Bowling Green 2009

same here, out!! car was stolen and stripped in '97. replaced seats with jax leather, replaced pancaked bushings with cheaper "thane" units. i'm trying to keep it very close to factory, but can't help some "upgrades".

I don't see how some of you guys think it is going to be easy when half of the guys with turbo cars can't go in the 10s with no limitations?
Good luck to all.

I don't see how some of you guys think it is going to be easy when half of the guys with turbo cars can't go in the 10s with no limitations?
Good luck to all.
I cannot argue that you speak the truth thee but then there is the other half that go very fast with way less. Too bad I sold my with T-Type a couple months ago it would have been the perfect car for this class and may have done OK at the show too.
Mike

I see an AWFUL lot of finger pointing and accusations coming for the first guy(s) to break the ten-second zone.

No teardowns? No protest procedure to look at intake manifolds? Throttle body guts? COOLANT LINES?

Might as well just say OK to nitrous and save the hurt feelings. Who WOULDN'T run it for that kind of dough?

That is the point. If you can hide it good enough run it...

Good luck to all.

i have to say that i agree---------if it happens it will be really impressive to see but really thats what i was hoping this class would produce------an incentive for ingenuity to make it happen---------i do believe it can be done------if not this year perhaps next year or the year after---------but i can say from some of the inquiries i have had about rules there are a few heavy hitters planning on taking a stab at it this year--------one thing is certain-------this class has the potential of being interesting to nearly everyone that has a TR ...............RC

I have no doubt that these cars can make the power, but now you have to get some traction. or should I say hope you get some traction.
street tires?????? sound like fun:biggrin:

it looks like you can use a DOT approved drag radial, add that to the boost controller technology out there and hooking them up should not be a problem.
Mike

Tires/wheels

Any matching set of 15" or 16" steel or alum wheels-------must retain original bolt pattern-------front tires must be at least 215 wide ------rear tires must be 275 or less DOT radials-----NO SLICKS

Right on Mike

hello

Does anyone have an original battery? I had mine for the longest time and recycled it.My GN would be great for this class.I am the only owner it has ever had. With 43k and little to no mods.Yes.. RC I removed the white letter EAGLE GT's they are stored in my garage.

it looks like you can use a DOT approved drag radial, add that to the boost controller technology out there and hooking them up should not be a problem.
Mike

You can't us a boost controller only a

Original type solenoid (one only) must be only control for wastegate

Dennis

PTE Turbine housings OK?
Mike

yes-------they are ok as long as they are 3 bolt, utilize the stock mount, use the stock elbow and fit under the unmodified shield for the race BUT i am sure you would get "dinged" in the concourse part of the show---------the compressor has to be stock appearing (on the outside with no visible modifications) since it isn't hid by the cover........RC

Doubt lap top would be allowed heck, don't think they had them back in 1987 in that format.

So you have no way to tune or check to see if it Knocking?
I see a lot of head gaskets getting blown and motors in this class .

Dennis

yes you can race with a laptop but it needs to be connected to a hidden connector so the interior still looks stock.........RC

So the head bolts have to be Stock GM TTY head bolt?You can't use an after market TTY head bolts?
Also is a drag radial allowed?
And is this going to be a pro tree?
Also turbo rule say stock appearing .So it can be a bigger turbo but must look stock on the outside correct ?

Also can a laptop be when racing the car?

Thanks
Dennis

haven't really thought about the tree-------does it really matter????------whatever it is it will be the same for everybody

Some type of controller has to control the solenoid, they don't do anything on their own.
Mike

i think this means the wastegate is controlled by the solenoid and the solenoid is controlled by the ecm-------you could do other things but to be "stock appearing" the single solenoid has to be in place on the valve cover bolt and plumbed up with the plastic Y and have that red two prong plug attached to it--------if you can do this and somehow magically influence the wastegate some other way with invisible components then i don't see how it could be a problem................RC

Does anyone have an original battery? I had mine for the longest time and recycled it.My GN would be great for this class.I am the only owner it has ever had. With 43k and little to no mods.Yes.. RC I removed the white letter EAGLE GT's they are stored in my garage.

i'll make a deal with you--------run your car and if you place 1-4 I will loan you a correct battery for the show if thats all your car lacks to do well in the concours-------just let me know if your trunk tag shows your car with the standard or HD battery.................RC

i think this means the wastegate is controlled by the solenoid and the solenoid is controlled by the ecm-------you could do other things but to be "stock appearing" the single solenoid has to be in place on the valve cover bolt and plumbed up with the plastic Y and have that red two prong plug attached to it--------if you can do this and somehow magically influence the wastegate some other way with invisible components then i don't see how it could be a problem................RC
Exactly :D
Mike