TSA Class GSCA Bowling Green 2009

I suppose...

I was thinking this class was a show & go class; requiring the cars to enter the show AND race... That would be more interesting IMHO.

kirban 2 cents worth

On the car show questions that is out my area of what I know since I am not connected with the GSCA and the show portion in any respect. If you go to the GSCA website you should be able to contact whoever is in charge of the car show portion to learn about the requirements.

Every major car event I have attended they all work on different formats sometimes 100 points sometimes 140 points. Usually each category of the car is worth so many points. Again this is all beyond what I know.

If the weight mininum is what is stated above its best to be at that figure to avoid conflict. That weight is not far off from a basic turbo regal and driver.

It's a challenge for sure. The field of entires probably won't be crowded this second season of this class sponsored by ZDDPlus. But the purse for each positon should catch some pretty good interest. Afterall, no rule I am aware of exists that says you can't win back to back!

good luck

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

had a few over the years, many that would fit this race class.

I have a few ?'s about the rules.

1-Can caspers replacement battery cable be used?
2-Can Drag radials be used?
3-Do the stock oil cooler lines have to be used? I don't see a rule that it does have to be used?
4-Is This race going to use a Pro tree?
5-Do you have to use stock front seats?(I have 93 camaro seats redone to look like GN seats.)

Thanks
Dennis

my impression of the concours class is that it is based on a rather stringent 400 point system of judging-------i think gold is 385 + ?????------silver is 370?????? not really sure------and bronze is ???????-------one thing i do know is that its gonna really take some clever ingenuity to build a car that can do what its gonna take to place in this class and look good enough to place silver or above in the concours class-------just cleaning the rubber off the undercarriage will be a monumental task...........RC

Are you one of the judges?

I have been informed that there are only a few judges and apparently they are the only ones who have the "list" of items to be judged. It would be nice to see what they're looking for...

I was thinking of running this class last year and was told the car had to be stock appearing all the way down to the original head bolts.

I read about the headbolts. But the rules also say that the judges do not remove anything. How do they know?

Kirban 2 cents worth

A flood of questions here goes some of the answers that I am aware of. Yes seats have to be originals can't be aftermarket or from another car.

Head bolts Richard has a very keen eye and from what I understand and remember the company that supplied the head bolts had a unique logo or stamp on the top.

Oil coolant lines I personally do not think the reproduction ones that are the same basic equal length would be objectionable, since originals are not offered any more from GM.

The rules are pretty cut and dry this class requires a stock as it comes from the factory example. Richard will be there most of the week and I think he has the final say. My imput carries some weight, as Richard and I came up with most of the possible questions prior to last years initial outing.

Caspers battery cables being pretty much dead on replacements to the originals I am 99% certain they would be allowed. Caspers parts usually have the correct ends and plugs on them. An Auto Zone replacement battery cable will not fly.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Owned a few Turbo Regals good luck to all that enter this class!

Kirban 2 cents worth

A flood of questions here goes some of the answers that I am aware of. Yes seats have to be originals can't be aftermarket or from another car.

Head bolts Richard has a very keen eye and from what I understand and remember the company that supplied the head bolts had a unique logo or stamp on the top.

Oil coolant lines I personally do not think the reproduction ones that are the same basic equal length would be objectionable, since originals are not offered any more from GM.

The rules are pretty cut and dry this class requires a stock as it comes from the factory example. Richard will be there most of the week and I think he has the final say. My imput carries some weight, as Richard and I came up with most of the possible questions prior to last years initial outing.

Caspers battery cables being pretty much dead on replacements to the originals I am 99% certain they would be allowed. Caspers parts usually have the correct ends and plugs on them. An Auto Zone replacement battery cable will not fly.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Owned a few Turbo Regals good luck to all that enter this class!

dennis-----caspers battery cable doesn't look anything like the original red connector-------however since it is the same as the one that GM supplied after sometime in the early 90's it would be allowed in the race class------but i am certain that the concours judges would ding you for it--------i agree with you on the seats and cooler lines-------as for head bolts GM had three vendors-------the headstamps would be marked with a C, SPS or KXV--------and they are easy to see------bottom row is just below the valve cover and by removing the oil filler cap you can easily see one of the top row............RC

The rule says:

...installed with GM TTY bolts...

It does not say they need to be the originals. Many of these cars have had headgaskets replaced so the originals are long gone. I'll have some of the new in the package bolts with me (still in the GM sealed package) to verify ours on the car are GM bolts.

K.

I suppose...

I was thinking this class was a show & go class; requiring the cars to enter the show AND race... That would be more interesting IMHO.

And I suppose someone who has driven their car for the last 20+ years with over 100k miles has really enjoyed their car more than those who choose not to put miles on their car. Why should that person waste their time in the show knowing they're wasting everyone else's time in the show, knowing they don't have a chance to win.

Shouldn't that person/car be allowed to compete in the race, if they meet the race rules?!?!

K.

kirbans 2 cents worth

I am sure Richard this is just the start of questions regard ing the TSA class. Any truth to the rumor you are working on a tool that can detect that the air in the tires is from 1986 or 1987 time period? Kidding, Richard as you know something I do best.

Its going to take some clever planning in advance with internal tweaks non visible to the naked eye to come away with the big cash prize. Not to mention a nice cool day.

On a side note Richard I am sure this question may come up. What about someone running a GNX? If it meets the specs I assume they can participate?

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Don't worry I have nothing to enter in this class.

kirbans 2 cents worth

On question about show & go, the car show is secondary concern. Example last years winner the car was not a show car. The real goal for winning the purse is to place in one of the 4 categories in the TSA race class. A bonus is if you place in the car show besides...That is secondary.

The race portion for TSA is the payoff, not the show portion for ZDDPlus sponsored TSA race class. The show car positon was just an add on if someone can pull off a twin win, TSA class and show.

Your Turbo Regal can have faded original paint. Read above posted rules, to answer any of your other questions.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Past owner of quite a few cars that would qualify for the TSA class

So the head bolts have to be Stock GM TTY head bolt?You can't use an after market TTY head bolts?
Also is a drag radial allowed?
And is this going to be a pro tree?
Also turbo rule say stock appearing .So it can be a bigger turbo but must look stock on the outside correct ?

Also can a laptop be when racing the car?

Thanks
Dennis

kirbans 2 cents worth

To answer some of the above questions Richard Clark will need to field some of them. As for the turbo as long as you have it under the factory turbo shield and whatever inlet bell they allow in the rules listed earlier would be acceptable since it is not visible to the naked eye without removing something.

The drag radials won't fly in this event. See rules listed earlier. Richard would have to chime in on your other questions. Doubt lap top would be allowed heck, don't think they had them back in 1987 in that format.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Owned a few over the years.

Might want to contact Richard Clark about the drag Radials. Here is what is posted in the rules:

Any matching set of 15" or 16" steel or alum wheels-------must retain original bolt pattern-------front tires must be at least 215 wide ------rear tires must be 275 or less DOT radials-----NO SLICKS

Doubt lap top would be allowed heck, don't think they had them back in 1987 in that format.

So you have no way to tune or check to see if it Knocking?
I see a lot of head gaskets getting blown and motors in this class .

Dennis

I see a lot of head gaskets getting blown and motors in this class .

Dennis

With the purse that is being offered, the cars will be run extremely hard to try to win. I would venture to say you are correct.

I wish I had a car to enter for TSA as I think it would be fun. And the payout would cover most repairs:biggrin:

Bryan