TSA Class GSCA Bowling Green 2009

With the purse that is being offered, the cars will be run extremely hard to try to win. I would venture to say you are correct.

I wish I had a car to enter for TSA as I think it would be fun. And the payout would cover most repairs:biggrin:

Bryan

If it makes it to the Final .It might cover repairs.LOL

Dennis

DOT approved tires, I took that as DR's are allowed...

On the turbo, As long as it fits under an UNCUT STOCK turbo shield I think you can put whatever you want. It still has to the the factory elbow with DP and spring bolts...

the headstamps would be marked with a C, SPS or KXV

I am ASSuming these will be the ONLY bolts allowed?

kirban 2 cents worth

You should see the TSA pay out amounts and rules posted shortly on the GSCA website.

The car show portion is Friday and the race is Saturday. To even have a prayer at placing in concours you need to be darn close to having a prime example of an original stock appearing Turbo Regal.

I can tell you rite now and Richard will agree with me on this finding an original style white sided AC Delco battery may take some doing since the batteries from AC Delco or Delphia now or whoever owns the supply company this week has changed that style battery at least 4 times or more over the years.

The other small neat trick is to have the proper grey tit style valve stem caps on the valve stems. I would say those two items wouldl be the toughest or if not the toughest two items that may get overlooked if you are shooting to place silver or better in the concours division.

If you think you got a shot take it as you can double your take home monies on Saturday in the TSA class.

Richard nor I have anything to do with the concours rules or judging. However, in years past owners of the cars in that class have asked us for advice prior to judging so we are both there to help.

This style of judging allows for as many winners as cars that qualify in other words it is not just one win for each category. The other advantage is in years past the concours class for Turbo Regals has been quite small compared to the GS segment. I have attend GTO national meets and those events at the national level will attract 50-75 GTOs easily making it a very tough job for judging.

The Corvette world is probably the toughest as they got people that can recognize if the car has original GM wheel weights on the wheels!

It won't be easy for sure, and may be stressful, but if you got a pretty close example in your garage rite now you may want to shoot for that goal and then make the necessary adjustments to be in race form for Saturday.

We will have ZDDPlus windshield decals for the cars that qualify to run on Saturday so interested spectators can visually see what class you are running and plus its PR for your sponsor.

ZDDPlus has put up quite a purse for this TSA class.

I have talked to Richard about possibly lowering the minimum weight required. Case some of you have a 100 lb spouse that can react quickly at the start! As of right now he has not lowered the minimum weight requirement.

Yes, GNX's are eligible. I think I may have brought that up in an earlier message.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Good luck to those that participate this year should be interesting.

DOT approved tires, I took that as DR's are allowed...

On the turbo, As long as it fits under an UNCUT STOCK turbo shield I think you can put whatever you want. It still has to the the factory elbow with DP and spring bolts...

I am ASSuming these will be the ONLY bolts allowed?

as far as i know there have been no other vendors for the correct bolt for the 86/87 turbo engine------if somebody has evidence of another vendor let me know------a good source for the correct bolt is flepro-------they have the exact kxv bolts------or at least they did 6 months ago for quite a bit less than GM charges...........RC

kirban 2 cents worth

that is true what Shane has said above like Richard and I have said in the past the mods partipants go with have to be ones not visible to the naked eye.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

The TSA Class this year at BG could be interesting this year.

so any turbo that fits under the stock shield, utilizes the stock inlet bell, and mounts to the stock elbow/downpipe setup?

MT Street radials allowed?

what will the best ET this year i say 11.50s:confused:

rob

Nope. My money is on low 11 / high 10 range. Im personally not running the class but I have heard of some that are and I would say high 10's wont be a problem. There will be lots of thinking outside the box in this class. WAY outside the norm.

I have a feeling that there will be some creative boost control going on and the car will be pushing 26-28lbs. The ten second barrier may very well be approached. I doubt there will be any air filters utilized in the air box. It should be very interesting. These cars will be pushed hard and some will blow head gaskets or worse. I will be there to watch.

Bryan

If someone makes it through tech and pops off a 10 out of the gate, they got my props...

I am not sure about a 10 but a low 11 should not be an issue with these rules. A stroker motor, 66/67 stock appearing turbo, hidden intercooler mods, Translator Pro with gutted MAF and boost controller to control wheelspin. It looks like it could be done to me
Mike

I am not sure about a 10 but a low 11 should not be an issue with these rules. A stroker motor, 66/67 stock appearing turbo, hidden intercooler mods, Translator Pro with gutted MAF and boost controller to control wheelspin. It looks like it could be done to me
Mike

Bingo!! Now were getting there. Take that with a 50-75 hidden shot of NOS and your there....

nitrous and intercooler modifications are allowed :confused:

One more time....

Originally Posted by Dennis Kirban
kirban 2 cents worth

that is true what Shane has said above like Richard and I have said in the past the mods particpants go with have to be ones not visible to the naked eye.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

The TSA Class this year at BG could be interesting this year.

This is why you will have to be creative. The kind of purse this class is paying are going to make things very, very interesting...:cool:

thanks
rules say this....

Stock intercooler with no external mods with stock inlets/outlets mounted with stock brackets in stock location with stock scoop

and nitrous hasn't been allowed in any class at BG previously...just trying to determine if we can even compete with a stock car

Who is going to run this class? Any good rumors?

I'd love to race this class but I've got two illegal items - 3" ATR crossflow exhaust and vacuum brakes (GM booster and mastercylinder). I refuse to use a powermaster since my brakes failed twice while driving. I'm lucky not to have destroyed my car. So, I'm out.

Craig