You can type here any text you want

New Grand National

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Think GM will actually build it?

• Total voters
I don't know how much faith I would put in that picture. It looks like someone took a 04-07 Cadillac CTS-V and photo-shopped it to make it a 2-door with a different front. I doubt that is a real representation of what a new Buick would look like.

I agree, it does look photoshoped but,
Is that and intercooler I see peaking thru the lower opening?

Someone mentioned 33k would be a good price. At that price, if it's a turbo 6 and it beats mustangs, dodges and camaros, it's worth it.

They should make it squarer looking.

D

Although it would be an awesome car, I voted "no" because it looks as if GM performance cars have to be "Chevrolets" and they won't let any other division embarass them like Buick dared to do back in '87!!...:rolleyes:

Claude. :(

Someone mentioned 33k would be a good price. At that price, if it's a turbo 6 and it beats mustangs, dodges and camaros, it's worth it.

D

If anyone thinks they will be 33k they are smoking some good crack lol All aluminum twin turbo v6.....2014....Gn badge....40-50k

If anyone thinks they will be 33k they are smoking some good crack lol All aluminum twin turbo v6.....2014....Gn badge....40-50k
I was thinking the same thing!! If GM did it right and put some real power behind this car you couldn't touch it at 33K

I followed a link from Kirban's Inner Circle newsletter and then found the pic below. Supposed to be on the Cadillac ATS chassis. Supposedly a twin turbo 3.6L V6 in the works, T-types in any color and Grand Nationals in black only. Even a GNX but with a V8? I suppose they have hp targets of 500+ so a V8 makes sense for a warranty etc. I'm excited; glad I work at a Buick dealer too!

View attachment 177596
In my opinion being a G8GT driver some one needs to follow up the ls powered 4 door and maybe the GTO 2 door they are great highway vehicles and pretty decend mileage for a 4000 lb car. See ya! john

I don't know who photo-shopped / drew that thing, but it looks great...

D

It's a photoshop of a Camaro ZL1 picture snapped at the Nurburgring, and a crappy one at that. They didn't even properly center the wheels over the tires, and four vent openings in the fender pretty much put this thing in the bin. Nobody even remotely connected to Buick made this image.

It's a photoshop of a Camaro ZL1 picture snapped at the Nurburgring, and a crappy one at that. They didn't even properly center the wheels over the tires, and four vent openings in the fender pretty much put this thing in the bin. Nobody even remotely connected to Buick made this image.

so bitter...

lol...j/k

In my opinion being a G8GT driver some one needs to follow up the ls powered 4 door and maybe the GTO 2 door they are great highway vehicles and pretty decend mileage for a 4000 lb car. See ya! john

I would love to see the g8gt come back as a Buick. Its a really nice car with power and handling.

I think till Buick actually announces an official release of the GN everything is just speculation of what or might not be.

I hope that GM does not build another GN or GNX. As Richard Clark says in Black Air......once these are gone there gone!
The cars we have today are iconic and legends. That is how it should be!

Just my 2$.

The only reason to build it as a 4-door is to make it more "sell-able" to those with the necessary disposable income, 35+ year-olds with a wife and a couple kids (a.k.a. ATS buyers). The only legitimate reason to bring back the name would be to do justice to one of the great name plates of all time. How many cars that have not been built in the lifetime of the current generation are so easily recognized by so many as an American classic? If they do it only to sell more cars, I for one will be real disappointed and hope it gets axed before GM has a chance to profit from the legend we as enthusiasts help build, if they bring it back as a V6 coupe to pay homage to one of America's greatest cars, I want to get my order in now.

Back