You can type here any text you want

New Headers Preorder/Interest Thread

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JayC

T6P.Com/TB.com Administrator/Webmaster
Staff member
Some of you may know that Shane and I have been working on a set of headers for a while. Its been slow going, taking literally 8 months per set to get prototypes made. We're getting near the end of the line tho and Ive gotten a solid production quote dollar wise so I wanted to put something out there and see what the interest is in having a run of these headers made.

These headers are for faster cars. They were done with mid 10s or faster cars in mind. They have 1 5/8th primary tubes instead of the normal 1 1/2s. For slower cars, they would make the bottom end too soft. They are an ATR style header with a few changes made and real merge collectors were used. They are stainless and they are made in the USA. This is also a 3 bolt turbo ONLY run and it should fit with all the downpipes that fit with the ATRs.

We only plan to make 1 production run of 50 sets because I know as soon as we put these out, there will be a set on the way to China and in 3 or 4 months, you'll be able to buy the asian knockoffs for $300 a set.

Retail price looks to be around $1199 a set. I worked really hard to get the price down and this is about as good as I think Im going to do if I want to use the quality parts that are in the prototypes.

Anyone interested, you can PM me or post in this thread. When we get closer to actually making the production run (Hopefully within 30-45 days), we'll start taking payment for them on a preorder basis.

Some of you guys have seen these headers on my TFS car. They were the first set. As Jay said we are real close to the finish and we are doing this simply to get some good 1 5/8th headers out there. They are truly awesome IMO. Jay spent a lot of time in the design of these things and the improvements are noticeable immediately!

As Jay stated we are not going into the header business, just a one shot deal. He had them made for my car and we wanted to share what found!

Cage Racing will be providing a few products from time to time, strictly performance market stuff though!

Jay,

Just curious why you wouldnt do some sets in 4 bolt style especially considering they are for the faster cars?

Well, if it was just a matter of changing the flange, I could do that but I dont know if that would put the turbo in an odd position or not.

Well, if it was just a matter of changing the flange, I could do that but I dont know if that would put the turbo in an odd position or not.

Jay, when I did the mock-up for our 4 bolt headers, the flange was very close to where the stock one is placed.

For your short run, the 3-4 bolt adapter will work fine, and actually it puts the 4-bolt turbo in a better position away from the water pump.:smile:

Here's the only "off the car" photo I have. The last prototype was a little different and most of the reworking is internal with the different merge collectors. Some of the tubes have been reworked as well and the crossover is a little larger than the ATRs, another reason these are for higher horsepower cars.

Attachments

• headers.jpg
    headers.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 1,416
Jay, when I did the mock-up for our 4 bolt headers, the flange was very close to where the stock one is placed.

For your short run, the 3-4 bolt adapter will work fine, and actually it puts the 4-bolt turbo in a better position away from the water pump.:smile:

Nick,

That is what are thoughts are too...

They should be awesome on a TSM car:cool:

I'd be interested in selling these headers.
I'll talk to you later about it Shane.

IMO... the BEST style on the market just got better! SUPER NICE! Unfortunately, money's tight and all I have to offer to get a set is trades...

wow very nice piece and the quality looks good. keep us posted.

Id be interested in a set if they were 4 bolt w/ ext gate.And of course id be willing to pay extra....

I could do the 4 bolt but you'd probably have to have the external gate plumbed in yourself. Way too many options for flanges, etc and with a small production run, it's not really possible to account for every variation.

Ill talk to the fabricator and see if the 4 bolt presents a problem. I dont expect it will.

What about offering a kit with everything needed that allows the purchaser to weld up their own?

Sounds good Jay.Just a short peice of pipe off with no flange would be great.

Back