New motor with bottom end noise

Terrible situation. Hope it gets straightened out.

Now out them already. No reason to keep secrets. Your not bashing them. Just stating your experience.

so you want him to tell who this is so everyone can have a pissin contest along with all their expert opinions !!?? WHY ????? Isn't this between him and them ?? THEY have the motor now!!! Let them hammer it out with him . Damm is it still winter out :p

I know a person that did not spin his torque converter in all the way and bolted it to the block and use the trans/block bolts to cinch it tight. When he started the motor, a few miles and out came the thrust bearing with some other STUFF.

Doubt you did this.

so you want him to tell who this is so everyone can have a pissin contest along with all their expert opinions !!?? WHY ????? Isn't this between him and them ?? THEY have the motor now!!! Let them hammer it out with him . Damm is it still winter out :p

Your right untill i know if they are gonna help me or tell me to go screw myself iam not gonna mention any names.

I hate seeing this happen to people. I have had enough bad luck to cover most. Good luck to you.

Bryan

Yes, I hate it too. It's easier to deal with when the cause of the problems is in the end users hands, the worst luck is when the engine builder screws up big time and the customer has to eat all the $hit because of it.

Yes, I hate it too. It's easier to deal with when the cause of the problems is in the end users hands, the worst luck is when the engine builder screws up big time and the customer has to eat all the $hit because of it.

Don't forget when they blame it on the tuner also to get the heat off themselves

Talked to the machine shop today they took my heads off the motor and they said that everything i put together on the top end was good but they didnt have time to tear into the bottom end that they put together yet.

OK ,time to kiss some turbobuick.com butt.

This illustrates one very big advantage(among others.) of being a tb.com member + buying from the vendors,shops,etc.here, because when something does go wrong,the businesses or person for that matter, knows they will be,highly visible + being scrutinized to see how they respond,+ more apt to do the right thing.
I know that if this was my motor,i would be feeling a bit more secure knowing it was a business that is very well known on this site as being "A highly reputable buick engine builder" because it must have a good past history or it wouldn't still be on the site,+ is most likely going to do everything to hold onto it's good standing in the turbo buick community + this site, which basically IS the Turbo Buick Community.

Talked to the machine shop today they took my heads off the motor and they said that everything i put together on the top end was good but they didnt have time to tear into the bottom end that they put together yet.

boy nothing like having to wait the whole weekend for a diagnosis. its like waiting for lab test results

X2

ok ,time to kiss some turbobuick.com butt.

This illustrates one very big advantage(among others.) of being a tb.com member + buying from the vendors,shops,etc.here, because when something does go wrong,the businesses or person for that matter, knows they will be,highly visible + being scrutinized to see how they respond,+ more apt to do the right thing.
I know that if this was my motor,i would be feeling a bit more secure knowing it was a business that is very well known on this site as being "a highly reputable buick engine builder" because it must have a good past history or it wouldn't still be on the site,+ is most likely going to do everything to hold onto it's good standing in the turbo buick community + this site, which basically is the turbo buick community.

agree 100%

Hey J,

Garrett filled me in on this man. Feel for ya pal. Hopefully THEY take care of you and realize that they screwed up big time man. Keep us posted on the progress and let us know if you need any help. The local guys are here for ya!

Chris

OK ,time to kiss some turbobuick.com butt.

I know that if this was my motor,i would be feeling a bit more secure knowing it was a business that is very well known on this site as being "A highly reputable buick engine builder" because it must have a good past history or it wouldn't still be on the site,+ is most likely going to do everything to hold onto it's good standing in the turbo buick community + this site, which basically IS the Turbo Buick Community.

Unfortunately using a paying vendor does not guaranty anything , but I understand what you are saying.

apparently the builder says the crank is scrap and one bearing starved for oil... charging him to fix it... apparently they are trying to work with him on the price though.

I call BS!

Ok, lets think about this for a minute. He sent them the motor for a complete rebuild. On a complete rebuild, they are supposed to verify that the crank is good. (i.e. journals, no cracks, concentric, etc.) How does a "supposed" good crank go bad after only 38 miles? Like my title states, I call BS! Just my .02 cents.

Chris