New motor with bottom end noise

I totally undserstnd what you have gone thru.

Me and RC built my stroker motor and had the cam sensor break and resync itself in the water box(BG 2010) and it popped very hard and came to grinding halt. So i repaired the sensor and motor ran fine till it lost oil pressure. so out it comes again.....

A few months later I got it all repaired, ( had to get crank reground/polished).
I reinstalled it and all was well until about 500 miles into the break in i got that same low end rattling noise.

So out came the engine again.. ( now this is the third time in less than a yr) the #4 main bearing an #6 rod bearing had a bunch of metal embedded in the bearings. ( the Rod bearing had also lost it's crush and fell out of the rod cap) the crank survived with no damage thank goodness

The metal came from me being a idoit and thinking that the oil cooler was filtered oil. so the engine got a bath and reassembled.

So that was a couple of weeks before the TB.com nats. So far it has about 1500 miles on it and is all good.

The only other guy i know that has ****tier luck than me is Bryan...........

I reallize that this does nothing ot the OP but i thought i would add my 2 cents lol.

Take it back to the engine shop and have them fix it. I hope that you don't use the oil cooler again after having a engine failure..

Sorry to hear about you problems pat i didnt use the oil cooler for that exact reason. First thing in the morning they are getting called and then ill be pulling it back out.

I totally undserstnd what you have gone thru.

Me and RC built my stroker motor and had the cam sensor break and resync itself in the water box(BG 2010) and it popped very hard and came to grinding halt. So i repaired the sensor and motor ran fine till it lost oil pressure. so out it comes again.....

A few months later I got it all repaired, ( had to get crank reground/polished).
I reinstalled it and all was well until about 500 miles into the break in i got that same low end rattling noise.

So out came the engine again.. ( now this is the third time in less than a yr) the #4 main bearing an #6 rod bearing had a bunch of metal embedded in the bearings. ( the Rod bearing had also lost it's crush and fell out of the rod cap) the crank survived with no damage thank goodness

The metal came from me being a idoit and thinking that the oil cooler was filtered oil. so the engine got a bath and reassembled.

So that was a couple of weeks before the TB.com nats. So far it has about 1500 miles on it and is all good.

The only other guy i know that has ****tier luck than me is Bryan...........

I reallize that this does nothing ot the OP but i thought i would add my 2 cents lol.

Take it back to the engine shop and have them fix it. I hope that you don't use the oil cooler again after having a engine failure..

That same thing happened to me after a broke cam sensor. Mine was going down the track though. Fixed it, lost oil pressure, block was cracked. I suggest the rjc cam sensor fix for everyone out there spinning there engine over stock rpm levels!!! That would have saved me a block and some money.

They never called me back today this is total B.S. .

Attachments

• jasons 248.jpg
    jasons 248.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 1,625
  • jasons 248 (Small).jpg
    jasons 248 (Small).jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 1,603
  • jasons 247 (Small).jpg
    jasons 247 (Small).jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 1,601
  • jasons 249 (Small).jpg
    jasons 249 (Small).jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 1,620
  • jasons 250 (Small).jpg
    jasons 250 (Small).jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 1,596
I wonder if they ever set the thrust bearing. Does any of the rods have any excessive play. What type of cam button was used?

Looks like they forgot a few bolts,ouch.Or are those the pan bolts,lol.Not sure by the pic but it does look like the rear side of the thrust bearing is all chewed up.

You got the Klondike build... there's gold in them there pans! Not pretty...

ouch!!! i feel you man. that sucks because they never have to do the dirty work of install and removal. they got the easy clean work. that happened to me on my 1970 442 w-30 never made the cam break in.:eek: good luck on getting this straightened out

ouch!!! i feel you man. that sucks because they never have to do the dirty work of install and removal. they got the easy clean work. that happened to me on my 1970 442 w-30 never made the cam break in.:eek: good luck on getting this straightened out

Thanks Brian

Just got back from dropping it off at the machine shop again. The 2 and a half hour drive is starting to suck. They said they are gonna start to tear it down tomorrow and the guy there looked shocked as hell when he saw how much metal was through the block.

Terrible situation. Hope it gets straightened out.

Now out them already. No reason to keep secrets. Your not bashing them. Just stating your experience.