You can type here any text you want

New Ridetech Tru-Turn and Coil Overs showed up today....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rafs-T-Type

Not so Senior Member
Stuff was packaged real well. I found it odd they glued it shut, but what do I know about packaging. I also found no matter how bad transit tosses this stuff around, it isn't getting to the goods. It was was wrapped up great with this sheet foam type stuff. The parts look very sturdy and great. I was a little surprised by the weight....they felt heavy. When I get time I'll throw everything on a scale. Anyway...here's the stuff
suff 067.jpg
suff 068.jpg
suff 069.jpg
suff 070.jpg
suff 071.jpg
suff 072.jpg
suff 073.jpg
suff 074.jpg
suff 075.jpg
suff 076.jpg

Sweet! I got the coilovers but that is all I can afford at the moment,gonna have to wait till I save a little more for the rest.Let us know how it rides when you get it installed.

truckindude said:
Sweet! I got the coilovers but that is all I can afford at the moment,gonna have to wait till I save a little more for the rest.Let us know how it rides when you get it installed.

You know it!

Forgot to mention the blue on the coil is darker than the picture. It feels like some rubbery paint. Should hold up well to the test of time.

I suspect they made it very strong knowing we will beat the crap out of it! Are you going to install it tomorrow?
Conrad

Nope. Still waiting on a few more parts. And I'm not the most mechanically inclined so if this one shop does it for a solid price I'm going to ship it out, otherwise i think I'll go for a learning experience, which means it may take weeks lol.

I would go for the learning experience. Hardest part will be getting ball joints loose and front springs out without launching the springs into your garage wall....rope works great. Just be sure to get an appointment for front end alignment job.

Looks like a great setup, cant wait to see how it turns out for you. As far as the install, Id do it yourself. I did my whole front end last year and after a couple days and asking a few questions I ended up saving a lot of money and more importantly gained the peace of mind that everything was done properly. Its really not that hard, worst part for me was getting the front springs in. You dont have to worry about that with the coilovers so I say go for it.

The problem is lack of room. I don't have enough room in the garage to do it, and I'm a little worried about leaving the t-top car outside to get rained on. But screw it...when I get the rest of my parts I'll start tearing into it. I'm a little nervous about the steering box too. It seems like even mechanics mess up the install on those.

Thats a sweet set up. If u need any help let me kno maybe between booth of us we can put it all tougheter..;-)..

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Steering box is straightforward, intermediate shaft held on with pinch bolt, remove lines, disconnect center link from pitman arm, remove three bolts holding to frame and its out. That was actually one of the easier parts. Now I wish I took pics and did a write up, it really wasnt bad. Im no expert, but feel free to post any questions and Im sure I can help, its still pretty fresh in my head. I did everything from lower & upper A-arms, springs, shocks, steering box, steering lines, steering linkage, etc. Front end was a bare frame. Was nice to prep and paint the frame while everything was off, looks nice and clean under there now.

My garage is a small one-car also so I had to leave the car outside for a couple days. Wasnt happy about it, but just covered it at night when I was done work for the day.

Thats a sweet set up. If u need any help let me kno maybe between booth of us we can put it all tougheter..;-)..

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I'll probably take you up on that. More then likely I will at least need to drop by and take a look at your car to see how everything goes back together. I plan on taking a lot of pics, but I'm sure I'll miss one.

Back