New SD Chip comng soon

"Self Learning" is a big topic, especially to do it right. At the moment, there is full range closed loop, which makes the car run really well if the tune is somewhat close. Eric has gotten the chip SD tunes very close, and the user adjustments close the gap for cars that need some tweaking.

To make it "auto learn", the best way to do it is analyze a lot of data and apply it to the VE table. Having the software poke at one VE cell at a time doesn't work very well unless the tune is close enough to not need it (in my opinion).

I will be adding some tools as we go along to make tuning easier, and will be working on some log analysis tools to "tighten up" a tune. But at the moment its a manual process.

You might be surprised at how close it is right out of the box.

B

question,

why is there fuel parameters using the blm grid for idle, mid throttle, wot etc...when the tuning is done thru the VE table? same for target a/f?

we had a similar situation with the Translator Pro.

generally speaking, the VE table will be very close for most guys, and the BLM table parameters ("chip parameters") are all that is needed to dial it in.

For guys that have more unique combinations, or just like fine-tuning, there is the VE table.

Consider, that if you are out racing, and your laptop explodes, you can still tune the car using the chip parameters.... (this is why the Fuel Composition parameter is a chip parameter, so you can gas up with gas or e85, and not need to boot the laptop to make a tweak.)

Bob

Maybe I missed it, but if I upgraded my Inj, cam and turbo after the fact when I get the chip how do I change things or make the upgrades in the chip for that parts I have changed too.

Take a look at post # 93. You can set injector size there. And other tweaks are made on the various tune pages.

Take a look at post # 93. You can set injector size there. And other tweaks are made on the various tune pages.

I looked at that when I was read the install paper but was not sure if that was the right place

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I know a graph display doesn't tell the whole story, but thought some might want a quick look. This was a nice long WOT pull I was able to get away with yesterday, with the target AFR table also displayed with the floating bubble that follows map/rpm.

071013 wot.jpg

It's just unplugged.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

How does the new SD2 chip compare to your other chip that you were using in power and driveability , can you tell a difference ?

How are you controlling boost? Looks like it reduced a little in high gear?

Rick

I'm controlling it via the SD2/PL combo and yes I have it reduced in 3rd

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2.

How does the new SD2 chip compare to your other chip that you were using in power and driveability , can you tell a difference ?

Haven't been able to feel much difference yet. I'm a techno geek so I'm always trying the latest new stuff

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2.