New SD Chip comng soon

the plenum would most likely work fine. Any heatsoak issues can be tuned for. To tap the rear of the plenum (you mean the lower part of the intake, not the doghouse, right?) requires removal of the manifold. I don't think you can get a drill in there otherwise.

for a hidden install, you could tap the outlet side intercooler tank.

There are lots of places, each has its installation advantages and disadvantages.

Bob

Yes Bob, i meant the lower intake.
My motor is on my engine stand right now so no biggie. The intercooler is also a cool idea. Thanks Bob.

These cars are already so busy under the hood, i would just like to switch things up a bit, while adding a clean simple appearance thats also a little easy to work on with out have to remove or go around a bunch of stuff just to get to one thing.
Thats why I'm thinking about a multi tapped plenum spacer.

So with that said, i am strongly leaning towards jumping on the ban wagon with this new SD chip, in conjunction with a E85 conversion on a single pump and 80#ers again for simplicity.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Bob,

What would be the best places to put it?

anywhere after the intercooler is going to be fine. I usually use the up-pipe, because its easy to take it off and weld the bung off of the car. I think I might drill and tap the doghouse on this car though.

Joe: the plenum spacer would have to be really thick, which will make the up pipe hit the hood.

B

anywhere after the intercooler is going to be fine. I usually use the up-pipe, because its easy to take it off and weld the bung off of the car. I think I might drill and tap the doghouse on this car though.

B

So anyway after the intercooler and also not in front of the alcohal nozzles right.

So anyway after the intercooler and also not in front of the alcohal nozzles right.

You really don't want the alky spraying theh temp sensor. However some do, and I'm sure you'd be able to tune around that. Just more tuning headaches to my way of thinking.

So Bob, I've got a question for you. I must be missing something. How do I set up IAT for my current system? I've got the Extender Extreme G chip and a Gen 2. The ATS reading on the Scanmaster from the Extender Extreme G chip always reads 71 and isn't the air temp circuitry used by the Gen-2 to control the WOT spark advance? Will it be different with the SD chip since it doesn't use the Gen 2?

Im ready to send in my SD chip Eric. I'm working with Bob to run an IAT in both the up pipe pre-meth and in the doghouse post meth.

We will be gathering this info on the turbotweak support page, but here is a teaser.

parampage.jpg

The params are:
Fan idle compensation - some cars like different fueling when the fan is running. (this is a +/- adjustment)
Airflow Mode - currently doesn't do anything, the plan is to add MAF mode and other tricks
Injector PPH - set to match the injectors (this shot is from a car with blue-tops)
Boost solenoid DC (1/2) - (0-100%)
Injector Offset - adjusts from 0-50, injectors don't open or close instantly, so this is the time adjustment for that. Mostly affects idle and light cruise fueling
Boost DC (3rd gear) -
Fan Temp (Degrees F) -
Boost DC (4th gear) -
3rd gear TCC MPH - part throttle TCC mph (not used at the moment)
crank fuel trim - add or remove fuel for easiest starts (most cars will not need to change this)
4th gear TCC MPH - Sets the part throttle TCC MPH
Lean Cruise AFR - in lean cruise mode (warmed up, 4th gear, and above the MPH & below the MAP threshold, the target AFR is switched to this)
WOT TCC Mph - If TPS is over half, and the MPH is over this, the TCC is activated.
Lean Cruise min MPH - threshold for lean cruise
Lean Cruise Max MAP - threshold for lean cruise
Timing reference adjust - +/- adjustment to correct for balancer and crank sensors that are a little off.
Cylinder (1-6) fuel trim - this is a "WOT" fuel trim to compensate for lean cylinders. There will be a feature to disable cylinders for troubleshooting
Rev Limit (0=disable) - sets the ECM rev limiter, if running alky this should be set to 0 to disable it.
Options = add up the option numbers and put it here. Currently only anti-theft (1) is implemented.

One thing I will say about the different fueling when the fan comes on......
I noticed my fuel correction would change when a high current device would come on. Fan, lights, high beams or A/C. I found that by tapping into the ground wire at the map sensor and running a separate wire over to the fender where the battery grounds solved this. Just an FYI. Can't wait to get this chip!!

The stock wiring for the MAP sensor uses a body ground which is awful. Just like you said, any high current accessory will shift the MAP signal. So, it is important to feed the MAP sensor from an ECM ground, either from the ECM wiring (the ECM case works ok), or the engine.

I think Caspers has some plug-in harnesses to do this also.

On Eric's car, even with the MAP sensor wiring correct, he needs some fan compensation dialed in. My test car does not. So we made it adjustable.

Bob

An the chip will work hand and hand with the TR6 system that you have too?

Bob, what boost controller do you recommend to be used with this chip?