New SD Chip comng soon

Eric Stage I said:
Here's a preliminary pic. You will have control of the VE, Spark, commanded AF tables, and other parameters. All existing Powerloggers can be upgraded by reflashing, then you'll need the new SD2 chip.

Eric,

Will someone need the following to have the SD2 to work. Powerlogger, scanmaster 2.2, wideband O2 or am I missing something?

Bare bones would require a Powerlogger, 3 bar MAP sensor, and SD2 chip.
However, I wouldn't attempt to tune it without a wideband, so that sort of becomes necessary.
The Scanmaster is nice for troubleshooting/tuning without a laptop.

It's more of a "system" rather than just a chip, as Bob and I collaborated heavily to make the chip and Powerlogger work together.
The SD2 chip will be $349 normally, but I'll have a special intro price when released for a limited time. There will be an upgrade path from my old SD chip (only).

It has most of the features of my previous SD chip, but allows access to the VE, spark, AFR tables. Also has a fuel constant you can change for E85 or mixtures, wideband closed loop control, tcc lock, boost dc, etc, etc.

This is for people who want and like to tune on their own, so it's not for everyone.

Eric,

Would the "fuel constant" also allow for user adjustment if injector size changes?

The fuel constant is separate from the injector size. There is an injector size parameter, and cranking fuel, and AE, so you will be able to change injectors without buying a new chip. When you first buy the chip, it will be have defaults set up for a certain injector.

Sounds like great fun. I'm looking forward to the chip. Count me in!

Just sold my maf pro set up to pay some bills. I was just gonna buy another when OT kicks in, but this sounds a liitle more tuner friendly then the past sd chips.

Joe

Bare bones would require a Powerlogger, 3 bar MAP sensor, and SD2 chip.
However, I wouldn't attempt to tune it without a wideband, so that sort of becomes necessary.
The Scanmaster is nice for troubleshooting/tuning without a laptop.

It's more of a "system" rather than just a chip, as Bob and I collaborated heavily to make the chip and Powerlogger work together.
The SD2 chip will be $349 normally, but I'll have a special intro price when released for a limited time. There will be an upgrade path from my old SD chip (only).

It has most of the features of my previous SD chip, but allows access to the VE, spark, AFR tables. Also has a fuel constant you can change for E85 or mixtures, wideband closed loop control, tcc lock, boost dc, etc, etc.

This is for people who want and like to tune on their own, so it's not for everyone.

Eric and I are doing final testing and tweaking. Its getting very close to "done". As an example of the tunability, I am testing an 83lb chip in a car with bluetops. All the tweaks are there to adjust for injector changes.

Bob

Good Stuff, thanks Eric and Bob, for all the time and effort to bring out this new product for our addiction....

Chuck