New SD Chip comng soon

For the IAT sensor: in the up-pipe, don't spray alky on it, also helps with heat soak.
In the end, you can put it wherever you want, because you'll be tuning it, but that's where I recommend it.

generally speaking, the more serious the build the closer to the intake valve you want to be.

My current (stock) test car has the sensor in the stock location, not ideal for sure but it works pretty well regardless.
I will be moving it to somewhere after the intercooler at some point. I'm going to try putting the sensor in one of these:
silicone_tpipe_blue_picture.jpg

The up-pipe is my recommendation for most guys also, less heat-soak effect and you can take the pipe off to have the bung installed. The plenum/doghouse works well too, and if drilling and tapping the aluminum is easier to get done than the welded bung then go that way.

I try to not spray alky on the sensor, but if you do its easy enough to tune around the effects.

Bob

Bob, If you want to just put a bung on one of the pipes bring it over and I will do it for you
Mike

Try to keep it upstream of any bend and if you can't then as far from it as you can as not to interrupt the air stream. This will make your reading more consistent.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

getting it welded is not a problem for me, I was going to try the T hose because I have one here and some guys might want to do it as a "bolt-on" mod.

thanks for the offer though.

B

I have to say,

Its really amazing what Bob Bailey and Eric Marshall have done with the stock ECM.

They are true innovators....it's amazing how much things have changed just in the 15 years i have owned my car....these noobs got it easy.... lol

aaron

I have to say,

Its really amazing what Bob Bailey and Eric Marshall have done with the stock ECM.

They are true innovators....it's amazing how much things have changed just in the 15 years i have owned my car....these noobs got it easy.... lol

aaron

For certain. I've only been in this game for 8 years, and I've said since I got the car that it's easier to own one now and make it fast than it was when they were new. Thank you Bob and Eric and all the great vendors and pioneers that blew stuff up way before us newbs!

getting it welded is not a problem for me, I was going to try the T hose because I have one here and some guys might want to do it as a "bolt-on" mod.

thanks for the offer though.

B
With a slic could looks like you could use that as the lower coupler in the up pipe. That would be ahead of the alky.

Pronto,

The first option scares me too much.
The second option will add another hose and you would have to cut your pipe.
It would just be easier to weld a bung to your up pipe.

Maybe RJC could make a Plenum Spacer with and IAT and other spare ports?

The first option is pretty much like the alky nozzle install in the up pipe except it's in a hose rather than metal pipe. The couplers with the tube coming off would be OK but the tube is 1" diameter...

I didn't bother with welding a bung. Just drilled the proper hole, and used a 1/4 NPT tap to cut threads, and the temp sensor screws directly into the pipe.

Dave, Where you have yours placed I have my alky nozzles installed. So would tapping the dog house be the next best thing for someone like me?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

If it were me, I'd still put the IAT in the up pipe, but down a little further before the alky nozzles.

I was planning on taping into the back of the lower plenum. Thought that was the way to go. Am i wrong?

I was planning on taping into the back of the lower plenum. Thought that was the way to go. Am i wrong?

IMHO I don't like mounting it in the plenum because of heat soak issues.

Well that was the plan, and i don't like the idea of a ton of stuff plumed into the up pipe. Wires, lines, and all that just add more clutter, and there is already a bunch of business going on in that area with all water hoses, up pipe, air inlet and so on hanging off the front of the motor.

What about taping into a spacer between the upper and lower plenums?

It can plastic, teflon, wood, aluminum or what ever. Iv thought about this before to run the vacuum lines also. This would be from the back, so the coil set up would have to be moved or somehow modified.
Thoughts?