New SD2 Chip is Available!

Ya, but the weather has kept me from setting anything up other than hot idle trim. Should quit raining by Mon. so I can get out and record some street driving and get the mid and high load areas tweaked.

just installed a wideband last week- now i gotta have one of these! something tells me there's gonna be a lot of used translators and maf's hitting the classified section!

just installed a wideband last week- now i gotta have one of these! something tells me there's gonna be a lot of used translators and maf's hitting the classified section!

YEP... i have noticed a lot of translator and MAFs popping up lately .... i wonder why? o_O ;)

I had a question regarding the "fan on fueling" feature: is the excess fuel required because of the drop in voltage when the fan comes on or from the increased load on the engine? I would assume if it was load based it wuld be picked up by the map sensor and shift to a different cell on the ve table? Also, what happens if youre operating in closed loop with a wideband and the sensor suddenly takes a crap? Very excited about this chip, cant wait for mine to arrive!

Going order my chip next week.:cool: Going to sell a few thing I don't need. :)So I can get the chip and the stuff to upgrade my rear end. :D

Sent from my SPH-L710 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

I had a question regarding the "fan on fueling" feature: is the excess fuel required because of the drop in voltage when the fan comes on or from the increased load on the engine? I would assume if it was load based it wuld be picked up by the map sensor and shift to a different cell on the ve table? Also, what happens if youre operating in closed loop with a wideband and the sensor suddenly takes a crap? Very excited about this chip, cant wait for mine to arrive!

its just a couple percent usually. Its different from car to car, thats why its adjustable. If the voltage comp curve for the injector is a little off, or there is some "shared impedance" offset from the fan current, or a slight tuning difference as the load shifts slightly, the result is the same. This is an easy way to tune for it. My car didn't need any compensation, Erics car needed a few percent.

On the wideband, it depends on which wideband you are using and the failure mode. The Innovate has a programmable failure mode which I really like. If it fails you can program it to fail "lean". The other brands are less predictable.

The chip is limited to how much fuel it will pull at WOT, so there is not much danger there. You should be tuning a little on the rich side to be safe anyway.

Bob

Thanks bob, makes sense- I guess a quick glance at the wideband prior to a wot blast will show somethings wrong anyway. I was assuming worst case scenario if you were far from home without a laptop. I'll make a cheat sheet with gas pedal method instructions for putting it back to open loop and keep it in the glovebox in case an issue arises. The reason I asked about the fan fuel thing is I'm using a standalone variable speed fan controller so its independent of the chip. im hoping I dont have an issue, since the fans come on at like 50% speed and gradually increase as temp rises maybe it wont be a big deal since its not a huge sudden load

Just got this via email:

9.84 @ 136 with 20 to 21 psi on the first pass on e-85

This customer can post details if he wants. The basics are a heavily built engine + big-azz turbo, 160 lb injectors, E85, SD2 chip, a little street tuning over the course
of a week or so, then hit the track.

Seems like it works pretty well.

This is what a 9 second pass looks like:

9sec with an SD2.jpg

Bob,

Would you tune out the lean area on the 1-2 and 2-3 shift, or let it ride?

Bob, what was that owner running for an ecm/chip before the SD2 and was he already running in the 9s with that? That's one of the fastest stock style ecm/chip runs I've seen posted. Well done.

who's ever motor that is, it sure likes to rev!

Using the new SD2 chip I would go after those 2 lean spots on the shifts. Find the area of the map there and fatten her up a bit. That's something we could not do before!

That does seem pretty lean, isnt stoich for e85 way lower than gas, and theoretically max power even richer than that? I dont have any e85 experience and cant name a single station near me that sells it, just going by what I've read

That does seem pretty lean, isnt stoich for e85 way lower than gas, and theoretically max power even richer than that? I dont have any e85 experience and cant name a single station near me that sells it, just going by what I've read

it could be viewed in a gas scale, so it would be a theoretical lambda conversion. I bet it was pulling a ton of fuel out as the rpms were rising, so when it shifted it applied the correction at the bottom of the gear. I blew a set of cometics like that.