You can type here any text you want

New TT Chip - First PL Files

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MNwe4

Hey guys, just installed a TT alky chip today. Here are my first two files if the experts wouldn't mind checking them out. One's at idle and the other is a highway cruise. I have other issues at WOT (too much fuel or alky I think)...but let's start here. This is my first time doing any tuning so I'll probably be asking for a lot of help. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

Hey guys, just installed a TT alky chip today. Here are my first two files if the experts wouldn't mind checking them out. One's at idle and the other is a highway cruise. I have other issues at WOT (too much fuel or alky I think)...but let's start here. This is my first time doing any tuning so I'll probably be asking for a lot of help. Thanks in advance!

well for one you have a code 52 which is a chip error loose socket remove your chip and inspect second you are rich at idle and third hook up the green map wire to your powerlogger so it records boost.

I'll take a look at the error code tonight. Should be an easy fix hopefully. As far as being rich at idle, should I back off the fuel pressure or won't that matter? It's at 43psi now, maybe take it down to 41? Maybe that would help the rich under WOT also. I only have the 2bar map sensor, so is it even worth hooking up? Thanks!

I suppose I could also adjust the BASE setting on my Translator to the 10% lean @ idle setting.

Code 52 is a calpak error. The calpak is not the "chip", it's the little chip next to it. Code 52 usually mean it's missing (not there).

Idle A/F looks fine. The computer added some fuel to make the idle "correct", that's why the idle BLM is high. You could leave it alone or set the Translator base to the richer setting to bring the BLM down.

So can I run normally with that error code, or will it cause problems so I need to correct it? I just purchased this computer from Kirbans, a Cardone refurb I believe, so everything should be there.

It will run fine without the calpak chip. You can get a replacement calpak from Caspers Electronics, by the way.

Eric was right about the calpak. It wasn't even there! Pulled it from the other computer, I have and no more code 52. Put my translator on BASE4 which is 10% rich at idle and the BLMs only dropped from 135 to 132. In doing this, the one thing I thought I noticed is that now when I lift completely off the throttle when cruising it stays on the rich side instead of leaning out like I would think it should...and did on BASE3. Any reasons not to switch it back to BASE3?

I'm really happy I purchased a TT chip. Product support has been great so far! Now it's time to see if I can get it to run good under boost ;)

Attachments

Back