New Walbro performance fuel pumps

Mike Licht

I was here first
I was speaking to a friend at Walbro who gave me some info on some new performance fuel pumps that will be released soon. Engineered and made in the USA, not China like some of the other new pumps that have come to maket recently. FYI Walbro does not manufacturer any of the other new pumps on the market. I will post specs and pictures as soon as I get samples and validate the claims. From what I am told these will outperform the others out there now. I plan to send one to Richard Clark for independant testing without bias as well. More news as I get it.
Mike

I do not have details on the new programs for high performance pumps yet but as soon as I do I will post them up. There is new people in that department and lots of things are changing for the better!
Mike

Thanks Mike, keep the updates coming. I'm looking to upgrade my fuel system soon, and am very interested.

The one I have is pretty close to 350 l/hr on the bench. Walbro claims less, I am sure they want to add some sapfty margin. The pump is awesome fitment is a bit tight sionce it is much bigger on the bottom.
Mike

Just for comparisons sake, how much l/hr r the walbro 340s? Is this and intank pump? Any idea when they will be ready for purchase and how much power they will support

I was speaking to a friend at Walbro who gave me some info on some new performance fuel pumps that will be released soon. Engineered and made in the USA, not China like some of the other new pumps that have come to maket recently. FYI Walbro does not manufacturer any of the other new pumps on the market. I will post specs and pictures as soon as I get samples and validate the claims. From what I am told these will outperform the others out there now. I plan to send one to Richard Clark for independant testing without bias as well. More news as I get it.
Mike

I am sure Richard will give it a test like he has done for the DW pump, run it a 14+ volts for 36 hours and then install it in a GN for added reliability and performance testing.

Mike, sorry for posting negative in your thread, but I hope the new Walbro is better than the ones that have troubled us since the 307 pump. They have cost my customers and myself much grief and $$$$ over the years, and they never honored any wattanty for us. :mad:

I dislike China stuff as much as anyone, but there are exceptions. The most obvious decent products are the forged steel cranks and rods which are spec'ed and inspected by US companies like Eagle and K-1.

The DP pump is also made off-shore to US specs and every one is tested in the US facility before shipping. The manufacturer makes millions of fuel pumps for world-wide distribution.

Also, the is NO other company that offers a 3 year unconditional warranty of an in-tank pump.

I love competition, it makes for better products, let's see if Walbro is up to the challenge! :D

How big of an injector, at what pressure, & IDC will these pumps supply?

K.

The one I have is pretty close to 350 l/hr on the bench. Walbro claims less, I am sure they want to add some sapfty margin. The pump is awesome fitment is a bit tight sionce it is much bigger on the bottom.
Mike
is this going to have a high pressure at idle because of the small return line?

Our testing on our new DCSS 39/50HP in-tank fuel pump is nearing completion. The pump's basic design has been in OE production since 2004, and is used on several current high performance production vehicles. We will also be releasing a true E85 protected version that is used on several current OE production Flex Fuel/E85 vehicles. DCSS 39/50's are turbine style pumps, quiet, very efficient/low current draw. Our HP versions will flow approx 300-350lph@40psi 13.5v, pending our final test completion.
If you have a question or are experiencing problems, you can send an email to: aftermarket@tiauto.com, and it will be addressed.
-Matt Monroe

For those that are concerned with over powering the stock rerun line, I just modified the stock return line with a very simple modification that increased the return ID by 106%. I cut off the Saginaw fitting on the pressure and the return lines at the frame to engine tubing interface. The ID of the stock return line inside the Saginaw fitting is . 093" The return line on the frame is 1/4" OD which has an ID of .192" I then installed a steel compression fitting that I had welded a -6AN fitting onto. I also reamed the ID of the Accufab regulator out to .190" (3/16"), but you'll need a carbide drill/reamer as the insert is harder than the hubs of hell. I also cut out all the Saginaw fittings on the supply side, at the frame and filter. The pressure side is a 3/8" which has an ID of .320", but the ID of the Saginaw crimpings are .247" Buy removing the Saginaw crimps on the pressure side, we gain 30% in ID. That is a gain in cross sectional area of 329% on the return line and 63% on the supply side. We are currently running 10.12@136mph with the old Walbro pump, and a dual Alky kit on pump gas and methanol. I am installing Nicks pump which has been verified to flow 300+, so I felt the car needed a little more return capability. After doing the math, I felt it wasn't worth the exspense to run a -8AN supply and a -6AN return. There are guys running in the 9's with stock fuel lines and we are really right there, too.

Attachments

• IMG_20110512_172819.jpg
    IMG_20110512_172819.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 942
Here is the regulator return line. I cut the Saginaw portion off of the Jegs 14mm to -6AN adaptor and used a copper compression washer between the hex of the fitting and the bottom of the regulator. A dowty seal would probably be a little better but I didn't have one. I then bent up a 3/8" line and used tube sleeves and nuts with 37° flares. Because of the use of Champion intake (StageII on center) I am keeping the -8AN supply side of things.

Attachments

• IMG_20110512_173022.jpg
    IMG_20110512_173022.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 943
We're making 730+ HP on a stock fuel line,single 340 Walbro and dual nozzle Razor system. 10.12@136 with a StageI 4.1 274 Cid, TA street heads that I ported. Stock ECM, Eric Marshal chip, 3.5 MAF and gen1 Translator. Not sure how you are running out of fuel at 600 unless you aren't running any methanol.