You can type here any text you want

no2 to spool turbo

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Like I originally mentioned, I could be off on the exact lbs/hr. It's been a long time since the last time I calculated it. I know it's not more than 240 per cylinder, and I know it's not less than 210 per cylinder.

Yes. I've been playing with the idea of maybe using the AB injection nozzle down track, but that's a test that is low on the list right now.
What your not cold enough yet with all alky?My intake air temps do not
start to rise until half track.I was thinking of spraying at the 1/8 but
i run race fuel not alky.My best pass is 9.50 at only 18lbs with a so so launch
i wonder if it would pick up much spraying the second half .I use a 100 shot
to spool.I don't expect the car to pick up too much with a ton of boost
because of the back pressure rising. I think @ 35psi maybe a 8.90.When
i switch over to my gt4788 i would like to run an 8.50 index class with
out being on kill.I would love too get a full season of racing without
a tear down.I can live with that in this poor economy.My local track has about ten events a year for 8.50 index.A few years ago tso cars were known for
all the carnage i think that has come around some.I wonder how many passes the tso guys think they could get at 8.50 without a freshen up.

What your not cold enough yet with all alky?My intake air temps do not
start to rise until half track.I was thinking of spraying at the 1/8 but
i run race fuel not alky.My best pass is 9.50 at only 18lbs with a so so launch
i wonder if it would pick up much spraying the second half .I use a 100 shot
to spool.I don't expect the car to pick up too much with a ton of boost
because of the back pressure rising. I think @ 35psi maybe a 8.90.When
i switch over to my gt4788 i would like to run an 8.50 index class with
out being on kill.I would love too get a full season of racing without
a tear down.I can live with that in this poor economy.My local track has about ten events a year for 8.50 index.A few years ago tso cars were known for
all the carnage i think that has come around some.I wonder how many passes the tso guys think they could get at 8.50 without a freshen up.
My nitrous system is 2 separate stages. One stage is the 364 port injected shot. The other is the 50 shot that's injected into the turbine housing.
I was thinking of just injecting the 50 shot. No nitrous would be going through the engine. Only the 50 shot that would be providing a little more exhaust energy to help spin the turbo up higher if the engine alone is not able to provide enough exhaust energy.
For instance, let's say I upgrade the fuel system and start clamping down the wastegate and eventually reach a point where I can't seem to generate any more boost. The first thing everyone thinks about is, go to a smaller turbine housing. Well, what if you could just provide more exhaust energy instead?

Did anyone come up with an answer to my fuel consumption figures?
BSFC: 1.15
240 lbs/hr
Methanol: 6.7 lbs/gal
SG: .786

i was thinking of going over to ethanol i was told i would need 320/hr
capability.Is that the target for your engine when you crank it up.

i was thinking of going over to ethanol i was told i would need 320/hr
capability.Is that the target for your engine when you crank it up.
320 lb/hr/cyl with Ethanol? What is your hp target?

Bill, the thing is if you get the car doing good short times you don't have to run it hard past the 660' to make up time. You should be able to run 8.50's with less than 30 psi and conservative timing and A/F.

Bill, the thing is if you get the car doing good short times you don't have to run it hard past the 660' to make up time. You should be able to run 8.50's with less than 30 psi and conservative timing and A/F.
i had very good short times with my 109.I made to many changes when i went
stage 2.Including setting up the car to run 275 drag radial.The fastest guy on 275s is at 1.19 that is my focus now.I would be happy to get back to low 1.3s

1,200 hp x 1.18 bsfc = 1,416 lb/hr.
1,416 lb/hr / 6 cyl = 236 lb/hr/cyl

Hmmm. I was close. I had remembered 240 as being the number. Close enough for bulletin board work.

160 lb/hr injector run at 80% DC = 128 lb/hr.

This means that the constant flow mechanical nozzles will need to supply 108 lb/hr to come up with a total of 236 lb/hr between the electronic and mechanical injectors per cylinder.

The flow ratings of the 6 mechanical nozzles are 97.4 lb/hr @ 30 psi, using gasoline.

Gasoline weighs 6.0 lb/gal
Methanol weighs 6.7 lb/gal
Water weighs 8.344 lb/gal

Who can convert the flow rating of the mechanical nozzles to reflect what the flow rating would be with methanol instead of gasoline?
It wouldn't be a true conversion due to the possibility of a slight difference in viscosities between the gasoline and methanol, but we'll ignore that for now. It should be close enough.

6.7 the weight of water / 6.0 the weight of gasoline = 1.1166666666

1.117 x 97.4 the flow rating w/gas = 108.796 the flow rating w/methanol.

Wow. The math was actually easier than I had remembered it being.

Since the mechanical nozzles were rated at 30 psi, it's obvious that there is a little bit of extra fuel to play with, which seems to be what I'm seeing real world.

See guys. It really wasn't that hard.

I'm presently at 72% duty cycle with the electronic injectors.

160 lb/hr x .72 = 115.2 lb/hr

115.2 + 108.8 = 224 lb/hr

224 x 6 cylinders = 1,344 lb/hr

1,344 lb/hr / 1.18 bsfc = 1,138 horsepower

Hmmm. The sims are starting to look not too shabby.

Who was saying my hp was only 800?

That was me. I was saying your rwhp was in the 800's based on your current (lack of) performance numbers. I will be at the West Coast Nationals. If you come, I'll split the cost for you to slap it on Jan's dyno. No more sliderules, sims, or calculators.

That was me. I was saying your rwhp was in the 800's based on your current (lack of) performance numbers. I will be at the West Coast Nationals. If you come, I'll split the cost for you to slap it on Jan's dyno. No more sliderules, sims, or calculators.

wOW THAT'S AN OFFER I WOULDN'T REFUSE!!!

It's a complete flow curve that is input. This is the intake.

.100 68
.200 142
.350 230
.458 280
.500 272
.550 303
.600 310
.700 312
.750 312

[Ducking for cover]

Don, are these your actual head flow numbers, or what you put in the SIM? I gotta get a set of these on mine they kick azz.... :eek:

Where does the 210 number come in at?

Back