OK im officially screwed 4 sure, but i went 12.7 first

macatoni

Buick Powered
Went to the track with new M/t ET streets. Best of four was...

18psi Alchy on 790 o2 and 0 KR

r/t:.123
60':1.880
330":5.305
1/8:8.175
mph:85.79
1000':10.652
1/4:12.754
mph:107.15

Ok so then my last run and since i had no knock on the previous runs i decided to bump up the boost. Oh between this run and the 12.7 run i ran a fourteen without being able to boost more then 12psi, when i returned to the staging lanes i found my intercooler to turbo hose had blown practically off. So this last run i was running about 25psi, more then i wanted in the first place, and ran just about perfect until the VERY last second of the run there was smoke and she died by the time i had coasted to the turn around lane.

I ran a 12.9 @109 and i had let off the second i saw smoke...

In the pits i noticed two things. One my valve cover breather was no where in site (blew off somewhere) And there was coolant EVERYWHERE. ALso coolant appeared to be seaping out of the upipe where it connects to the turbo!!! Exhaust fell off at the slip on flex line things on the flat bed ride home and there was coolant in that pipe as well!!!

Might as well just skip a compression check cause i dont think i blew a headgasket?!?!? Not quite sure where to start.... :confused: :mad: :(

Daaaaaam, that must have happened when I was leaving. I guess I was the only one of us three to make it home in one piece.

(btw this is Ryan with the white T).

If there is coolant in the exhaust= head gasket. What do you mean by "up pipe where it connects to the turbo"???

Ya it looked to be coming out of the three bolt flange where the up pipe meets the turbo housing. Ya i did it like 5 people in front of u, i ran after ur car to tell u what was up but u were out, and i had to deal with SO much afterwards!!! I was posted up by the timeslip hut behind the tower. No trailer so waiting for AAA to tow me to oakland took like 2hours! And my exhaust fell apart on the tow truck :mad: so when it arrived i had the cat and tube going all the way back to just above the rearend, that tube was hanging by the rubber hanger for the cat. I was so tired and didnt want to deal with it so i just cut the rubber so i could get off the flatbed. After cutting it i noticed that the hanger was rivited onto the trans crossmember :mad: !!!! More fun! But it looks like theres a two week intermission at the strip so i got a lot of work instore for me to get back out there for the next time...

Also im so sick of this! Its my fault i realize it but i really dont want to have to keep doing headgaskets!?!?! I want to spend the money and build it right this time through to save me a little grief down the road. I am planning on selling my SMC old style alchy kit and most likely gonna put the money towards and alchy control kit. However i was running 100octane with alchy and 25psi (give or take, i wasnt looking at the gauge!) and i still on the last run blew my headgasket(i think) and got 9.0KR, also o2 was 810. What would be the ultimate anti knock build up?

I would rip it apart and do what it needs .. personally I would NOT turn it into a project !!! they last way to long and most never finish them !! been there and still doin it :mad:

Do what Grumpy said and just fix what needs to be fixed. I turned my car into a project in 2004 and am now just getting the issues ironed out of it after the rebuild. The two years it was down made me forget how much fun it is to drive the car and experience the thrill of boost!! Fix whats broken, if it was just a head gasket consider yourself lucky:)

I remember seeing you by the timeslip booth, I figured you were changing tires. Good luck, hope to see you back at the end of the month

Grumpy said:
I would rip it apart and do what it needs .. personally I would NOT turn it into a project !!! they last way to long and most never finish them !! :mad:

Then they Throw it on EBAY and claim "It's NEVER Been raced or Abused!" :mad:

TClassic said:
Then they Throw it on EBAY and claim "It's NEVER Been raced or Abused!" :mad:

Anyone who buys one of these cars with more than 1 mile.. its been beat on. They have been beat on since day one.. And while the guy selling it may have never taken it to a track.. guess what.. that sucker has been WOT a bazzillion times.

An old lady drove it.. buwahahaa :biggrin:

Razor said:
Anyone who buys one of these cars with more than 1 mile.. its been beat on. They have been beat on since day one.. And while the guy selling it may have never taken it to a track.. guess what.. that sucker has been WOT a bazzillion times.
An old lady drove it.. buwahahaa :biggrin:

Sorry to Disagree, I know BOTH Former Owners of My car First Hand, as well as the Fact it was BONE Stock(10,800mi), and in fact the Original WG Solienoid was BAD and only allowing the car to Boost to 11Lbs! The First Owner, a Big Name BMW racer out of South Jersey who had the car stored with his 12-15 Other Muscle cars was Shocked when I told him about the Wastegate Issue, he just thought it was just a slow one, the Second owner from 2000 till last April NEVER even drove it, it just sat in his Museum for 5 years...Now yes I made a few passes..7 to be exact, 2 Bone stock, and 3 and 2 modded like it is today with 116 and Scanmaster Monitored..and have Decided What's the Point..The Car is FAST no more need for Track Passes..now Street encountours SURE, but thier Few and Far Between where I live!!..............sorry to rant....but as far as Most of them your Probably Right!

TClassic said:
Sorry to Disagree, I know BOTH Former Owners of My car First Hand, as well as the Fact it was BONE Stock(10,800mi),

10800 = 43200 1/4 mile passes.. the solenoid wasnt always bad.. the porter at the dealership driving it, the guy taking it off the truck, the guys nephew.. mechanics, etc. 10,800 miles is a lot of opportunities.. hell my car only has 17,xxx miles.

Does it matter.. nope. You bought it to enjoy it..

:wink:

exactly, hence the reason i even went to the track, and also the reason ive put 12,000 miles on it since june :D

hey !!! my wife bought the first TTA as a driver/ RACER for me .. when I sold it I did say it was woman owned and had been raced once @ 300 miles :rolleyes: then again and again :p

Grumpy said:
I would rip it apart and do what it needs .. personally I would NOT turn it into a project !!! they last way to long and most never finish them !! been there and still doin it :mad:

I agree. Mine has now turned into a 3 year project and 3 times the amount of $$$ than I figured. I Did it myself the first time and it did not work out. Sent it to a pro that knows the turbo v-6 turns out they messed up :mad: (According to the shop it's at now). And now it's back at another turbo buick shop to hopefully get fixed right so I can start enjoying the car.

Grumpy said:
Jas89TTA said:
I agree. Mine has now turned into a 3 year project and 3 times the amount of $$$ than I figured. I Did it myself the first time and it did not work out. Sent it to a pro that knows the turbo v-6 turns out they messed up :mad: (According to the shop it's at now). And now it's back at another turbo buick shop to hopefully get fixed right so I can start enjoying the car.

I disagree, at least about the timeperspective. Blew the headgaskets, replaced EVERYTHING (including girdle and main caps) but crank/rods. But when I took it to the track a year later (half our years are winter) I broke the posi-unit. Then we decided to sell and start a REAL project (http://stb-racing.com)

Crazy Swedes :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: ...looks like a lot of fun and a lot of money:).