One less GN on the road....my 84 got hit HARD (pics)

Sorry, Herb. :(

Gald you're OK. :)

(Just make sure you get another Turbo Buick to replace it. ;) )

That is terrible luck, Herb. I am glad you are okay. Good thing you had that belt on. 45 mph is no speed to run head on into anything.

I hope you get enuf out of it to get started again.

hey glad to hear you are ok...look at this way, it could have been worse...http://images.cardomain.com/member_img_b/286000-286999/286097_18_full.jpg

i got in a wreck by myself late at night on a country road going 75 mph and out of no where a deer popped out...i swirved to miss him and lost control of the car...did 5 360's...hit 4 trees in the back end while doing those donuts...slid off a cliff and landed 20 feet below the surface into a ditch full of water (river drainoff) that eventually found itself up to my chest while sitting down in the car...the gas tank found itself into my back seat and leaked all over inside the car...the motor thank god was submerged and shut off...i only suffered major bruises and a sprained right wrist...this happened two weeks ago

so i know what you are going through...thank god i wasn't in my GN:eek: i wouldn't know what i would do without my car...

i fixed it...my bad

yeah people could not believe that someone lived out of that wreck...i had my seat belt on thank god...someone even told me that it looked like suicide...i assure you it was not:rolleyes:

oh yeah...none of my airbags went off either!:eek: :eek: :eek: i will never buy another dodge ever again

Herb, that really sucks. At least yer ok. I guess my GN is a little bit rarer now, but this isnt the way I'd want it to happen:(

Originally posted by 1FASTV6
Herb,
Get the money from her insurance company and get another one.
Artie
If your lucky your next GN will have a Power Monster system on it. :rolleyes: :eek:

D00d considering just what happened to my car I can relate.

First off -- I am glad you're ok but I'm not gonna say it. That's the last thing you wanna hear. (First thing thru my mind was I heal for free!! The car is gonna cost me!)

Second -- Call Brian Weaver (Bweavy) at gbodyparts.com (e-mail me for his number) and see what he can do for you. I was just there today picking up a new frame and shell for my car. I know he has a couple nice shells and I know he has a complete car sitting there too.

Third -- Don't let the insurance company dick you around. Period.

Fourth -- You are going to be sore. Trust me on that.

Fitfh -- Nothing I can say will make you feel better, but please feel free to PM or e-mail if you wanna talk, seeing as how my car is trashed too I figure talking might help ??

Take care man.

Sorry to hear about your car.

don_3d
Not trying to start an argument here but I didn't think any air bags go off if there's no direct front impact. I know of several people around my area that have had rear impacts/severe rollovers and none of their's went off either. maybe they should put sensors in the back/sides. btw it looks like you're lucky to be alive!

bob

It sucks about the car, but it did its job. Even with T-tops the passenger compartment looks unpenetrated. I was worried how a T-top GN would perform in a heavy front end collison. I'm not worried anymore.

Sorry you had to be the crash test dummy, but you've made us all feel safer.

Herb all I can say is DAMN! Glad your ok bud.I know how much time & effort you put in that car.You need anything just let me know.

That sounds almost exactly like the accident I had in Columbus at the Nationals.

You said you were sore, make sure you get that checked up. I'm not a fan of ambulance chaser lawyers, but if you're injured you should watch out for your rights and for insurance co's that are quick to settle.

In my case, the insurance company (her's) wanted to get things settle real quickly, sent an adjuster to my home and cut me a check. Yes, the car was totalled out, but it did pay for the repairs. So, I can tell you first hand.. you'll get things straight, just hang in there.

Really sorry to hear what happened. Unfortunately, any time we take these cars out they are subject to others stupidity.

Good luck.

Wow Herb, I'm happy to read that you doing alright. It's a shame about your rare hotair though. Any thoughts yet on what your next project will be?

That absolutely makes me want to hurl. Such a shame for such a pristine car. However, I am extremely glad that no one was seriously hurt. I think we can all empathize with you, when we think about that happening to us. I sure hope the insurance co. is fair with you.

That sux a big one Herb, sorry to hear that man. Someone rear-ended my first Gn and totalled it out, so I now how you feel. You definately will be sore, as I'm sure you are by now. Just be glad you werent in some little tin can, you would be more than a little sore. Let the insurance co hook you up, lick your wounds, and move on. Keep your head up bro...Mark

Maaaaan, why do all the cool cars have to get trashed? Why couldn't it be some old ass Civic?

Anyway, I hope the insurance company gives you a LOT of cash for it....and good luck buying a new one.

Herb, bad news:( Glad your ok, head to your nearest Health care provider and do get checked out. Take it easy for awhile.
For a couple of you Hyenas out there cut him some slack and show some class. He just lost his pride and joy, theres nothing worse than somebody asking you for your parts while your down. FWIW Herb it looks repairable, however that could be a diff story if one could take an up close look at it. At this time all that matters is that you walked away little bro.