Pistol Guys?

SGRIM

Owner/Admin TB.com
Staff member
Guys I got one more permit to use before it goes out. I want to buy another pistol before we can't buy them anymore. (PLEASE NO COMMENT ON THAT ISSUE HERE). Anyway I got several nice pistols already and I am looking something different. I don't want to list what I got;) I got basically every caliber already. Just looking something new and different maybe. Probably another semi auto... Any suggestions?

Certainly, got any really nice quality semi-custom .45 autos? Ed Brown, Les Baer Premier II, Rock River Arms all come to mind.

The Kimber's have really been firing my jets lately. I recently shot my friends Tactical II and it was a joy. I saw an advertisement for the Pro Covert II and really liked the look, and I'm interested in a compact this time around. What do you think?

Kimber - Continuing The Legacy

"The Pro Covert II has a full-length grip but a shorter 4-inch bull barrel. At just 28 ounces, it is one of the best choices for both duty and concealed carry offered by Kimber. In fact, many professionals prefer a mid-size 1911 for daily carry, as the shorter barrel reduces weight and tends not to interfere with driving or sitting for long periods. At the same time, a full-size magazine carries 7 rounds of .45 ACP.

The Ultra Covert II .45 ACP weighs just 25 ounces, and a short 3-inch bull barrel and abbreviated grip makes it ideal for concealed or backup carry. End then, magazine capacity remains 7 rounds. One of Kimber's best compact pistols, dependability is ensured by beveling both the front and rear of the ejection port, polishing the breech and incorporating a ramped barrel. With any Kimber Covert pistol, you can carry with confidence."

Kimber 3200167 Ultra Covert II Pistol - .45 ACP, 3 in Barrel, Aluminum Frame, Matte Black Oxide Slid

I don't have any of those.... I like what I see. I mainly carry my Glock .50 with the built in laser, so I don't miss:cool:

Keep them coming looks good, thanks guys!

Kimber Ultra Carry II 45 ACP.

For when the word 'Victim' is not in your vocabulary. :biggrin:

Attachments

• IMGP1814-1.jpg
    IMGP1814-1.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 432
I carry a 40cal ...

I don't have any of those.... I like what I see. I mainly carry my Glock .50 with the built in laser, so I don't miss:cool:

so I can put more thans one round in the same direction, can you actually rapid fire in the same hemisphere? LOL :tongue:
you have a CCW?

.50? I have never shot one.

9mm, 40, .357sig are all decent.

Les Baer is an old school Pro 5.0 Racer...
I this one... Les Baer HC 40
Yes, John, and he also was head gunny of the Springfield Armory Custom Shop back in the day before going on his own and opening his own shop. I've had several of his guns, but only 10 of his pistols are now legal in this great Republik of Kali. And several shops have sprung up from his shop's own personnel. I believe that the founders of Rock River Arms were originally gunnies at Les Baer's shop.

Yes, John, and he also was head gunny of the Springfield Armory Custom Shop back in the day before going on his own and opening his own shop. I've had several of his guns, but only 10 of his pistols are now legal in this great Republik of Kali. And several shops have sprung up from his shop's own personnel. I believe that the founders of Rock River Arms were originally gunnies at Les Baer's shop.

Gary thanks for the information.
What makes the other pistols non California legal.

Gary thanks for the information.
What makes the other pistols non California legal.
I don't know what is qualified out here now, but as of a few years ago, Les Baer only qualified 10 of his models for the Kalif drop test. A lot os small quality semi-custom gum manufacturers could not afford to run their guns through the test, which not only did a manufacture have to supply the guns, they had to pay for the testing too. As a sad consequence, semi-custom manufacturers such as Ed Brown & Rock River Arms can not be legally brought into the state. Which unfortunately raised the models out here that could no longer be brought into the state. Check on Les Baer's site or DOJ will shed more info on this subject. My info was current as of about 5 years ago.