Possible tps issue?

you should replace your 32 year old motor mounts , they could be giving you false knock (maybe) 7 seems a little high but your car is running a bit stronger now and hell it should be done anyways, they are worn out, rock auto has them for 3 bucks a piece, get the anchor brand
take the starter off makes the job easier
down the rabbit hole :p

Well I just got back from another test run. At wot kr read 4 for just a second dropped to1.2 then read 0.0 for the rest of the run. I dunno what happened to the car last night but it’s running better than it did back in 2011. I wish I knew then what I know now. I’ll grab new motor mounts when I upgrade her tired suspension.

Sounding like false knock possible at your shifts. That was in 3rd gear on a flat open road?

Easiest, but not the cheapest, is fill it with 100 octane gas or some good octane booster and check again.

Boostane is really good. You could throw in a tank of leaded gas but eventually it will take out your o2 with prolonged use.

I’m pretty close to Bristol, they have a station next to the dragway where you can buy race fuel, isn’t octane booster really dangerous?

The Boostane stuff if pretty decent. Lot cheaper than leaded race gas. The ideal would be unleaded race gas, then Boostane then leaded race gas IMO. One tank of any of those isn't going to hurt you eventhough it is rare but I think (from reading posts) that you could foul out an O2 on 1 tank of leaded.

Just found massive crack in exhaust manifold! an old timer came up to me at the car show and told me I had a leak without even opening the hood. Guess I’m deaf.

I imagine a major exhaust leak might effect spool up some?

It usually does. Buy the TA stock type replacement headers, ceramic coat them and be done with it. OE design is very good. 32 year old metal that has been heat cycled 100's of times, not so much.

Yeah it’s drivers side, right before rearmost cylinder. Viewed from the top it looks like it’s goes entirely over the top side of the manifold. More than an inch long.

What do ya’ll think of using cerakote on the exhaust? It’s a firearm ceramic paint, my buddy is a gunsmith and I could get it done on the cheap. I’m talkin 50$ probably to paint new manifolds. I was thinking of doing the turbo cover and pipes in that stuff too.

As a gun finish it’s designed to take a lot of abuse, doesn’t look half bad either.

Attachments

• 9AD54285-15AA-4A7E-8BEB-6B0226BA3598.jpeg
    9AD54285-15AA-4A7E-8BEB-6B0226BA3598.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 18