Post Your Hotair Pics

your guess is as good as mine, hasnt run in almost a year..but its almost done. :D

When it DID run, it ran a 9.1 @ the 1/8th mile, but that was long before the J&S intake and FMIC, or the NOS, or the poston headers..and well a lot of things really. With my 36ers ill be lucky to run low 12s, soon to upgrade...maybe to the high z 60s :D

you should be able to get 12's with the 36ers since you have a intercooler.

Hot Air Pics

:D Kenne Bell Hot air Headers. Pulled the headers. They have been on the car for about ten years. Surface rust only and no cracks. Repainted with VHT paint.
Currently installing 42 lb injectors, poly motor mounts and TA valve covers.
Hope I get everything back together. :confused:

Attachments

• 85 Buick 006.jpg
    85 Buick 006.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 949
  • 85 Buick 003.jpg
    85 Buick 003.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 951
  • 85 Buick 004.jpg
    85 Buick 004.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 948
nice looking ride. some day i would like to get my hands on some KB headers.

how much?? for the intercooler setup

How much for the intercoolerd set up pipes, TB, Intake??? i have an extra intake for this mod. thanks

Nice Car Tommy. I was studying those headers and it looks like the exhaust flow from the passenger side is in direct opposition with the flow from the drivers side. I'm definitely a rookie when it comes to headers, but wouldn't that be less effective than exhaust flowing in the same direction from both headers? Just curious about this.

KB Headers

Eric
I don't know that much about headers either. I got tired of removing the factory headers and having them welded. After the third time. I decided to replace them and this is the only header I could find.

I have my car running again. It still doesn't run right. Are you still going to Piedmont Dragway Sunday?

Hi Tommy,

I understand the header welding issues:smile: Just wondering about the way they flow.

Piedmont Dragway was suppose to be open this past Sunday and this coming Sunday according to their website, but I found out otherwise by going and finding the gates locked and nobody home :mad: I complained and they apologized that they didn't update the website. I may go on the first Sunday in October if you what to come along.

Don't forget the cruise in in Pilot Mtn the first Sat. If I can get vacation I will try to get to Piedmont the first Sunday.

hard to stay one header is better then another but they sure look nice. i will stick with my home ported postons. :)

I was at Duttweiler's shop picking up my dad's stageII motor and Kenny himself said there was no better header out there. He also said you won't see much of a difference between competing brands unless you're in the 10s. Dual stage is the way they should've come from the factory. No change in spool but major change in flow. Then again with our wonderful hotairs it just get bottlenecked back down again in the uppipe.

Thanks, it need a paint job, but all in all it looks good. It had a bent pushrod when I first got it, when hasn't been that long at all. What do you think about a Holset hx30 for one of these???