You can type here any text you want

Powder Coating Prices/Options

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MikeL.

Stay boosted my friends
A local powder coating company quoted $170 per rim to get my GTA rims changed from gold to black. Is this high, average in price?

Any DIY alternatives you guys are doing?

A local powder coating company quoted $170 per rim to get my GTA rims changed from gold to black. Is this high, average in price?

that guys fu@ken whacked out:eek:

Advantage powder coating in Defiance,Ohio quoted me $15-20 if i have them blasted and taped off.

That would sound about right IF it included a Complete Refinish, including polishing/refinishing the Rim. :wink:

I had mine completely refinished. Stripped, blasted, recoated black center, machine outer lip and then one clear powdercoat over the whole rim. $150 a wheel.

I couldnt be happier.:)

Cheaper than buying new wheels.

Attachments

• back%20shot.JPG
    back%20shot.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 337
  • frt%20whel.JPG
    frt%20whel.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 312
  • side%20shot.JPG
    side%20shot.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 314
I had mine completely refinished. Stripped, blasted, recoated black center, machine outer lip and then one clear powdercoat over the whole rim. $150 a wheel.

I couldnt be happier.:)

Cheaper than buying new wheels.

Thats pretty much what I had done to mine, but I didnt get the outer lip machined. Just polished up.

That is a good price for the work done.

$170.00 per is to high for just the blast and PC even with clear.

Powdercoating...

I'm from your area, I have parts powdercoated all the time. Curious to who you got your quote from. You can PM me if you'd like, so you don't post their name. I've used three different companies around town...John

$170.00 per is to high for just the blast and PC even with clear

I called back and confirmed the 170 - 175 per is for a blast, PC, polish the outer lip (no machining) and clear over only the center. Thanks for the input guys.

$170.00 per is to high for just the blast and PC even with clear

I called back and confirmed the 170 - 175 per is for a blast, PC, polish the outer lip (no machining) and clear over only the center. Thanks for the input guys.

Yea, for that I paid 75 a wheel. I priced them out with other places, and they ranged between 50-90 per wheel. I went with them based on past experiences(didnt want to take any chances).So, yea, in my opinion, thats way too high. Shop around.

I am from Detroit area also. Where did you get the powder coating done? Did you have to prep wheel before taking it to them?

C&S Powdercoating. They did the prep. I just gave it to them and told them what color I wanted. I had them do my set of GTA's. Came out real nice
Give Mike a call- (734)560-0310
tell him Tony (t-typex1) sent you. They are doing the other two front GTA's I found right now so I can have 4 fronts

I found a guy in Somerset KY (ie: South Eastern area) Quoted me around $350 or so to blast all 4 rims, powdercoat them and polish the lips...

Back