You can type here any text you want

Powerful 86 T-type Street Car

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tim87tr

Obsession or Digression?
86 Dark Carmine T-type in TSS trim except for the methanol injection and no roll bar. Last month at Morocco, IN, I drove the car 100 miles to the event, and it ran 11.01 @ 121.9 mph right off the street on MT DRs, pump gas, methanol inj, TA 62 at 24 psi, TT street chip, and through the mufflers. The only change was setting the rear tire pressure at 17 lb, for a 1.54 60' on an 8 lb launch. It pulls well on the top end gaining 26.4 mph in the quarter.

I've not had a chance to run the car on the TT race chip and C16 yet. I've put about 10 eighth mile passes and 10 quarter mile passes on the car, and it is very consistent low 7 eighth mile car on 24 psi, with a lot more left in the combo. I've been methodical on the upgrades and that's given me good results.

Serious inquires only, $13,000 firm. Email troar@comwares.net for a Word document with details on the car, a few pictures, and my phone numbers. There is some info and pictures on my website also... www.geocities.com/tim87tr

I just had to say I almost fell out of my chair laughing at the comment on your webpage about why you need a winter beater in Illinois. It is the same way up here in the Joliet area.

PS: Nice looking car. :cool:

Tim, would you be interested in a trade for a 1968 camaro ss w/468 big block asking $17,500.00 it is an awsome car. if your interested e-mail me at gwswbwlw@bellsouth.net and we can discuss more details. thanks, scot w.

scot w. said:
Tim, would you be interested in a trade for a 1968 camaro ss w/468 big block asking $17,500.00 it is an awsome car. if your interested e-mail me at gwswbwlw@bellsouth.net and we can discuss more details. thanks, scot w.
Scot, I am only looking to sell outright. I want to pay off some debts and do some more for my family as a single Dad. I already have another car, the 87 GN to mess around with. Sounds like a nice car that someone will trade for eventually, it just takes the right buyer.

Hi Tim

You may recall I bought the GNX-style wheels from you this past spring and saw your car. It is very nice! I have an unsolicited interested buyer for my GN so I will keep you posted if I sell it.

checking interest on Roller

I have also considered selling the car as a roller in my efforts to downsize to one car. The roller would be complete except for the ECM, engine, and trans/convertor. It would include the Centerline Telestars, Razor progressive methanol setup, boxed rear arms with poly bushings, ATR bar, & bilstein shocks.

Optional parts for sale would be a 20 row stock location IC, John Craig polished TA-62, and a THDP w/ test pipe. I might consider selling the engine, trans and convertor but prefer to keep those for my GN.

As a last resort, I might consider trade plus cash for the car. I would prefer a mostly stock Turbo T with unique options such as Limited, non-standard color, astroroof, leather, bench seat/column shift, cornering lamps, twilight sentenial, etc. Of course this defeats my intention to downsize to one car :redface: :confused:

I hate to hear that, I am the one you emailed in Indiana, Have been trying to get the money together

Engine and trans build

I really don't think I've even leaned on this car yet because it is set up to run solid 10s with a little more boost. It has a Weber 206 roller cam and Dave Weber ported and O-ringed irons, 9" Art Carr n/l, std bore and crankshaft, TRW pistons with light weight pins, and steel main caps. The trans was rebuilt ($1700) by Bowler Transmission and the temp has never gone over 180 with the heavy duty external cooler and PTS deep pan. It's been a great car for me especially to consistently run those times on street tires, pump gas, small shaft turbo, and through the mufflers after only a few passes at the track and on a low timing 18 degree TT street chip....no changes in street and track tune except drop the rear tires to 17 lb.

Back on

Yesterday was my first day back on the board due to unknown problems as I was able to access other internet sites :confused: It would still be best to email me direct at troar@comwares.net I'm getting several responses and having a little trouble tracking who everybody is, but email me and I'll give you my cell number and can answer any questions about the car.

motivated seller

I'd accept a reasonable offer and would require a $1000 paypal deposit. I recently sold the 3.5" MAF and translator off the car, but have an extra LT1 MAF but no translator if you want to drive it home. I was going to upgrade to the Trans Pro. I recently purchased the new wheels and DRs, so if someone wanted to provide their own set, I'd be willing to substantially lower the price also. I am looking for a TA 49 for my GN also if someone had one of those as money towards the purchase of the car.

reasonable offer

What is a reasonable offer like I said I would start at $11,000 cash, No banks or trades or bs, Hand me the car I hand you the cash and it seem to make you mad, I didn't want that and I said I was trying to get more as soon as some family members paid me back, You just said no way could you take that but never told me how close I was and never got back with me

Double-L said:
What is a reasonable offer like I said I would start at $11,000 cash, No banks or trades or bs, Hand me the car I hand you the cash and it seem to make you mad, I didn't want that and I said I was trying to get more as soon as some family members paid me back, You just said no way could you take that but never told me how close I was and never got back with me
Some of this is difficult for me to decifer, but I am open to reasonable offers. Everyone that asked for the Word document should have my cell number, and if not email me for the info on the car and phone number, and I'd be happy to discuss the car and a deal. After too many months of phone calls where I was very helpful, I had a potential ?? buyer offer me 11, and I still have the car. So your offer does remind me of a previous event, and I'm hoping you're not that same person :confused: using a different screen name. The best policy is to call me to discuss a deal so I know what and who I'm dealing with.

I still have plans to get the Trans pro for the car. I'm already getting anxious for warmer spring weather to get the cars out again :p

tim87tr said:
I still have plans to get the Trans pro for the car. I'm already getting anxious for warmer spring weather to get the cars out again :p

Tim,

I say keep the car and come run TSS with us @ B.G. this year!! :biggrin:

K.

update

Car is sold as a roller, pending payment. I will post additional parts for sale in the parts forum. For sale eventually will be a 20 row stock location interooler, coated THDP, and possibly the JC polished TA-62.

Humm so much for the deal we were working on, I would have thought you would at least emailed me, THANKS

Back