You can type here any text you want

powermaster being manufactured again?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
They have been around. A1 cardone is making them complete rebuilt units for under 200 bucks. Advanced Auto sells them. There are guys out there trying to get them on eBay and make some money before everyone finds out how cheap they are. They made the first batch and ran out of cores. Now from what I hear A1 cardone got enough cores in again to make them. Check Advanced Auto for them. It's the same thing Kirban sells. Remember if someone is selling an item even if it's ebay or else where if you look harder you can usually get it for half the price. :D :D Now run out there and clean them out again but remember to turn your core in so they can make more! :)

Where are you finding these for under two hundred? Advanced Auto's website shows a grand for the rebuilt units.

Cardone Hydraulic Booster: Remanufactured

Part Number: 529702

For Your Vehicle

Vehicle: 1987 BUICK REGAL GRAND NATIONAL
Engine: V6 3.8 Liter Turbo FI

Power Brake Booster: Remanufactured; With Powermaster

(click image for full-size view)
Pricing

Our Price: $354.44
Core Charge: $49.99

Availability

Ships in 1 business day (16.50 lbs.)

Warranty

Lifetime Limited Warranty

About This Product

High Quality:
100% computer tested for quality and reliability.
Exclusive rust preventative process on cast iron units extends product life.
OE quality rubber boots and seals meet stringent S.A.E. performance specifications.

Shopping with Advance Auto Parts is easy and safe!

Easy returns and exchanges
Returns and exchanges are simple and convenient! Return your items to any Advance Auto, Checker, Schuck's, or Kragen store near you or ship them back to our warehouse.

Security
Personal information and order details are encrypted using 128-bit SSL technology. We take reasonable efforts to protect your order details against unauthorized access.

www.partsamerica.com has been verified as authentic by Thawte.

Back to Home

Shopping

Replacement Auto Parts
Auto Accessories
Tools & Equipment
Performance Parts
Books & Repair Manuals
Truck Accessories
Chemicals & Fluids
Hot Deals
New Items
Clearance
Shop By Brand

Do It Yourself

Reliability Ratings
Maintenance Schedules
Recall Information
Maintenance Tips

Advance Auto Parts

Store Locator
Browse Our Weekly Ad
Company Info
Store Services
Events
Rebates & Coupons
Contact Center
Visit Our Website
Affiliate Program
Privacy Policy
Contact Us

Site Map | Contact Us | Help & Policies | About PartsAmerica.com

Powermaster at Autozone

I had to run to Autozone tonight to pick up some parts for my daily beater Jeep and asked the guy behind the counter to see if they can get powermasters. He looked it up and gave me a price of $350.00. Anyone have any experience with Autozone reman powermasters?

I had to run to Autozone tonight to pick up some parts for my daily beater Jeep and asked the guy behind the counter to see if they can get powermasters. He looked it up and gave me a price of $350.00. Anyone have any experience with Autozone reman powermasters?

just got one,its the cardone just like the other guys sell including the one on ebay that sold for 435 and the same as advanced auto....it works great,tell him a guy got one from autozone for $275 that is the cheapest i was told he could sell it without getting in trouble,but autozone wants $57 core..at advanced i got one for $280 and a $30 core and they offered me a bendix one(list for 212) and said if i got 3 he would give them to me for 174 each,i told him to check to see if they were in stock he called back and said yes,i said ill take them and pick them up tommoro..i listed one on ebay for $325 buy it now,sold it the same day,went in the next day to get the powermasters and he said"i got bad news":mad: they dont make the bendix no more and my boss got mad for me selling the one for 280 and said i cant sell it less than 295:mad: ,so after allmost punching him in the face litterly,i left went to autozone,they beat advanced price for 275,but charged a 57 core,with tax i was at 353,and still had to ship it out for $17 and my listing fees of $17 then the guy paid with credit card:mad: $10 off the total...that put me @397 and i sold it for 345 shipped,i made good on the deal to the seller,but lost my core for free pretty much...anyway yes the cardones are good and yes i learned not to sell untill i have item:smile:

just got one,its the cardone just like the other guys sell including the one on ebay that sold for 435 and the same as advanced auto....it works great,tell him a guy got one from autozone for $275 that is the cheapest i was told he could sell it without getting in trouble,but autozone wants $57 core..at advanced i got one for $280 and a $30 core and they offered me a bendix one(list for 212) and said if i got 3 he would give them to me for 174 each,i told him to check to see if they were in stock he called back and said yes,i said ill take them and pick them up tommoro..i listed one on ebay for $325 buy it now,sold it the same day,went in the next day to get the powermasters and he said"i got bad news":mad: they dont make the bendix no more and my boss got mad for me selling the one for 280 and said i cant sell it less than 295:mad: ,so after allmost punching him in the face litterly,i left went to autozone,they beat advanced price for 275,but charged a 57 core,with tax i was at 353,and still had to ship it out for $17 and my listing fees of $17 then the guy paid with credit card:mad: $10 off the total...that put me @397 and i sold it for 345 shipped,i made good on the deal to the seller,but lost my core for free pretty much...anyway yes the cardones are good and yes i learned not to sell untill i have item:smile:

I think that we have all done that at least once.;) Oh well, live and learn. Thanks for the feedback on the AutoZone powermaster.

Dang, I have 4 or 5 complete PM's sitting in a box in my shop from doing vacuum refits. Guess I need to check it out since I do have a nice, mostly stock car that I would like to keep that way.
John

well i ordered one threw advanced auto for 280 with a lifetime warranty,its a cardone,they also had a bendix for 212,but they only warranty it for 1 year......so now i need directions on installing this thing,i saw somewhere on here that they gave step by step instructions,any help/tips would be appreciated guys...

I just checked with advance auto's web page and here are the prices I got. Cardone $358.88 and the Bendix $518.99. Here is the link.

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductList.aspx?parttype=250&ptset=A&searchfor=Power+Brake+Unit

Just went to advance and autozone and both said the same thing. NOT available. have to order direct from manuf.
Called cardone and they said, none available, don't have a production date available:mad:

Any body have a lead on one from a local store, or bought an extra, I'll be glad to take it off your hands !!:smile:

Kirbans has them on the shelf.
He works with cardone directly.
He will also give you $75 for your old one.

Just went to advance and autozone and both said the same thing. NOT available. have to order direct from manuf.
Called cardone and they said, none available, don't have a production date available:mad:

Any body have a lead on one from a local store, or bought an extra, I'll be glad to take it off your hands !!:smile:

go in the parts for sale section,a great seller,tbirdv6,local to me had one posted new for sale,just do a forum search..he was selling it new in box,cheaper than i could get one...

PM sent
FRED

Thanks for those of you that pm'd me. I'm working on getting one now.
Just fyi, I earlier tried to order off of partsamerica.com and received this reply:

We are sorry to inform you that the following portion of your order
currently cannot be filled:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
QTY Part# Description Unit Price Total Price
1 A1C529702 BRAKE HYDRO BOOST CRDNE $358.88 $358.88
========================================================================

We have checked multiple sources for this item, but unfortunately cannot
fill this portion of your order. Most likely, the item is out of stock
or discontinued. The item may be available in the future, but we cannot
promise it at this time. In the meantime, we will deduct the cost of the
unavailable item and ship the remainder of your order immediately. If
none
of the items you selected are available, your full order will be cancelled
and no charge will be made to your account.

If you would like to contact us directly please feel free to either send
us an email (status@partsamerica.com) or give us a call at
1-877-808-0698. Our call center is open 7AM-830PM M-F & 9-2 Sat-Sun.

Once again, we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We
appreciate your choosing PartsAmerica.com as your fastlane to automotive
expertise.

– PartsAmerica.com Customer Service
status@partsamerica.com

Guess, with the info on this board, the supplies were sucked up QUICK !!:eek:

i see a powermaster on ebay and the guy says they are being produced again?is this true?are they better than the originals?anyone know the price of one,he only lets you bid as of now...if they are still pricey im not getting one,id rather go hydro, spend the hi price and forget it,or go to vacuum and cross my fingers...i think powerbrakebob should just give me a hydro set-up at cost and ill give you good people feedback on it:) ,

I bought a master cylinder and reservoir off of him on ebay. Installed it yesterday, will bleed the brakes tomorrow. So far no leaks. He told me he gets his parts from someone who has been in the brake business for 30 years. I sent his listing to Kirban. Kirban didn't know him or where he gets his parts from. If you were to build your own PM: Pump from Hank Terry $160, master cylinder and reservoir from ebay $100, accum bowl from Kirban (on ebay, cheaper than his catalogue) $130. Switch $100. Did I miss anything? You also need the hose and clamps. Also add shipping for the parts. Total is $490 plus shipping. One good thing about going this route is that you know the pump is new from Hank Terry. You could reuse your reservoir and save $20.

The guy on ebay bought a crap load from Advanced and that's how he's selling them along with the parts. He got them dirt cheap because he knows the guy there and worked out a deal to deplete his inventory to make money with them on eBay. The problem is I'm sure after this post got out a large number of people bought what was in stock up without turning in cores. You really need to turn the cores in so they can make more. This happened before. They came out with it and they were out of stock in no time once people found out. They got a large number of cores in and started making them again. It all comes from A1 Cardone. You just get to see how much certain vendors mark it up!! :biggrin:

New Complete Powermaster
Never Installed
Just add fluid & bleed
No core required
$350 shipped

THIS IS A COMPLETELY OVERHAULED UNIT MADE WITH UDGRADED PARTS by A1 CARDONE. ASSEMBLY INCLUDES: HYDRAULIC PUMP MOTOR (REMAN), MASTER CYLINDER (REMAN), ACCUMULATOR BALL (NEW), RESEVOIR (REMAN), GROMMITS, GASKETS, HARDWARE, LINES, HOSES (NEW), PRESSURE SWITCH

FRED

The guy on ebay bought a crap load from Advanced and that's how he's selling them along with the parts. He got them dirt cheap because he knows the guy there and worked out a deal to deplete his inventory to make money with them on eBay. The problem is I'm sure after this post got out a large number of people bought what was in stock up without turning in cores. You really need to turn the cores in so they can make more. This happened before. They came out with it and they were out of stock in no time once people found out. They got a large number of cores in and started making them again. It all comes from A1 Cardone. You just get to see how much certain vendors mark it up!! :biggrin:

I didn't know Advance ever carried the master cylinder. I paid way more for mine because I won the first auction. Subsequent auctions sold for less. I feel better now knowing Cardone rebuilt my cylinder. I was a little afraid not knowing before. Thanks for the info.

I didn't know Advance ever carried the master cylinder. I paid way more for mine because I won the first auction. Subsequent auctions sold for less. I feel better now knowing Cardone rebuilt my cylinder. I was a little afraid not knowing before. Thanks for the info.

Ok, I figured it out. He bought complete powermasters and he disassembled them and is selling the parts separately on E-bay. Enterprising guy!

Thanks for those of you that pm'd me. I'm working on getting one now.
Just fyi, I earlier tried to order off of partsamerica.com and received this reply:

We are sorry to inform you that the following portion of your order
currently cannot be filled:

QTY Part# Description Unit Price Total Price
1 A1C529702 BRAKE HYDRO BOOST CRDNE $358.88 $358.88
========================================================================

I received a new one from Autozone (Cardone) last Thurs. So they must be in stock again.

Hydroboost Vs Vacuum Vs Powermaster

The Problem With The P/m's, Everytime, Is The 12v Hyd Pump. We Rebuild Them, But The Motors Are Sealed, And Do Not Rebuild Easily. We Have Found A Source For New Motors, Recently, Though. Having Done All The Combinations For Those Cars, Since They Were New, Including Vacuum, With Vacuum Pumps, We Still Believe In The Power And Reliability Of The Hydroboost. It Runs Off Of The Power Steering Pump. If The Engine Is Running, (the Car Goes Faster That Way) The Hydroboost Will Have Pressure At All Times From The Power Steering Pump. It Will Work, And Can Not Fail. If The Engine Dies, The Hydroboost's Accumulator Will Provide Boosted Stopping Power For Three Stops. After That, It Reverts To Manual Brakes. Even At 200,000 Miles The Hydroboost's Only Problem Will Show As A P/s Fluid Leak. Here's Another Thought, As The Engine Rpm Goes Up (like When Staging) The P/s Pump Is Spinning Faster. This Just Sends More Pressure To The Hydroboost, Locking It Down Harder. Guys Here Report Building 22 Lbs Of Manifold Pressure With Their Foot On The Brake Using A H/b. There Some Photos At "powerbrakesonline.com" We Would Love To Do A "free" Hydroboost For Our Friends, But These Are New Units, And Not Free To Us..but Keep Asking. Maybe If Someone Knew Of A Magazine Writer That Would Do A Real World Brake Test Between The Powermaster, The Vacuum Booster, And Our Hydroboost, We Would Be Willing To Provide One. Anyone Out There?

Back