Premium Memberships Coming, Need Opinions!

How much would you pay for a premium AD FREE membership

• $25

Votes: 37 42.0%
  • $35

Votes: 8 9.1%
  • $50

Votes: 23 26.1%
  • Other

Votes: 20 22.7%

• Total voters

SGRIM

Owner/Admin TB.com
Staff member
Hey guys, I hope many more people can see this now that we seem to have our DNS problem solved. We are getting ready to upgrade the board and make some additional upgrades. We will be adding some new ad programs. As I have said many times the costs of the board have been rising while ad revenues have been declining. The vendor fees are not enough alone to support the board, I will be dropping several more vendors soon as some just don't pay their bills.... So ads will have to increase. I do not try to profit from the board, if I cover the costs of the board and the bills for the TurboBuick.com nationals I am happy. Well that hasn't been happening. So, we are going to offer a premium membership package to members that want to enjoy the board AD FREE!

My question is what do you guys think is a fair amount to ask for this option per year? Membership would include and not limited to; Ad free viewing, increased PM space, private forum just for members.

We also hope to have a new line of swag coming soon as well; shirts, hats, stickers, etc....

Any other ideas to help generate some revenue are welcome. We do not have a donate button buy many members have donated at T6P.com on paypal and every dime was appreciated!

No offense and I appreciate the board. But with this new upgrade will it be running better....Better meaning not crashing and such. Over the last 3 years it seems its just rocky at best compared to the boars im on. Thanks

I
Hey guys, I hope many more people can see this now that we seem to have our DNS problem solved. We are getting ready to upgrade the board and make some additional upgrades. We will be adding some new ad programs. As I have said many times the costs of the board have been rising while ad revenues have been declining. The vendor fees are not enough alone to support the board, I will be dropping several more vendors soon as some just don't pay their bills.... So ads will have to increase. I do not try to profit from the board, if I cover the costs of the board and the bills for the TurboBuick.com nationals I am happy. Well that hasn't been happening. So, we are going to offer a premium membership package to members that want to enjoy the board AD FREE!

My question is what do you guys think is a fair amount to ask for this option per year? Membership would include and not limited to; Ad free viewing, increased PM space, private forum just for members.

We also hope to have a new line of swag coming soon as well; shirts, hats, stickers, etc....

Any other ideas to help generate some revenue are welcome. We do not have a donate button buy many members have donated at T6P.com on paypal and every dime was appreciated!
I'm in, don't really care what the cost. Really do enjoy the board and the info is very good. So whatever is decided about the amount I fine with. Thanks, Ray

Shirts and hats! Shirts and hats!
I use Tapatalk on Android. Miss the TB.com app that use to be available. It worked great for me. I'd be willing to pay for "ad free" as long as it's reasonable. Be sure to get FlexFit brand hats (well worth the extra money).
As far as amount, see what other comparable sites charge for ad free. As of right now I don't pay for any forums.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

The board will still be free for anyone. We are just going to have to add some ads into the mix. When we have raised ad count in the past many did not like it and said they would pay for an ad free version. Thanks for all the replys! Keep them coming!

I like the shirts hats key chains any like paraphernalia love the site its invaluable as a resource to me and a easy access to everyone turbo buick so a fee would be no problem

Sent from my S55 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
No problem with a fee. I have benefitted a ton from the board.

I'm good with a membership fee for ad free viewing. Interested in swag to.

tb.com sticker as well.

the ads don't bother me, they are very mild considering what some of the big commercial boards have. This is THE place for technical knowledge, that face-place is great for chitchat and repeatedly re-asking the common questions. (and cat videos)

B

note that I voted for the paid membership, the ads don't bother me, but I never click on them anyway. I know that the board has expenses, and I'm willing to pay my way.

3si.org did the same years ago when I had my Stealth, its worth it to keep these resources going.

Bob

I don't mind paying. I try to donate every once and a while anyways but I really think a donate or support tb.com button would help quite a bit. When someone can come here and get the answers to their questions, I'm Sure they would show appreciation by throwing some $$ to the board if they could.
No reason the techs should pay while others get free info. IMO anyways

Rick

note that I voted for the paid membership, the ads don't bother me, but I never click on them anyway. I know that the board has expenses, and I'm willing to pay my way.

3si.org did the same years ago when I had my Stealth, its worth it to keep these resources going.

Bob
Agree

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I don't mind paying. I try to donate every once and a while anyways but I really think a donate or support tb.com button would help quite a bit. When someone can come here and get the answers to their questions, I'm Sure they would show appreciation by throwing some $$ to the board if they could.
No reason the techs should pay while others get free info. IMO anyways

Rick
Agreed

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I pay $5/month on another board and I don't get anywhere near as much benefit from it as I do here. It is not a Buick board. It is just set up automatic Paypal every month.

Hi, I would gladly pay a yearly membership for the board and ad free would be a bonus. T-shirts and hats would be a great idea for purchase to. Thank you. :)