You can type here any text you want

PTE Stock location intercooler vs stock intercooler

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cecil bass

I'm gonna be getting PTE SLIC soon and I'm wondering how much farther the shroud sticks out than on the stock one? Asking cause I have dual fans and I'm hoping I won't have any clearance issues with the PTE.
Thanks, cecil

Great intercooler but it has it's drawbacks. Mine is 3 years old and this is the second time I've had to re-thread it. $275 for the new bracket and scoop. Gizmo said daaaammmnnnn fool that's all jacked up.

001.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG 004.JPG 005.JPG

Curbs, a pallet in the middle of the highway I could not avoid, various dips, bumps, and dead critters at night. Park 5 feet from the curb boss and check the fasteners every oil change ;).

I'm gonna be getting PTE SLIC soon and I'm wondering how much farther the shroud sticks out than on the stock one? Asking cause I have dual fans and I'm hoping I won't have any clearance issues with the PTE.
Thanks, cecil

Cecil,
I've got the Alradco Aluminum Radiator installed with a PTE SLIC. The aluminum shroud on the intercooler just fits.....it actually touches (but just at one point). Guess it depends on what brand of dual fans you have & how thick / deep they are?
I've had the PTE SLIC installed for 8 years and have not hit anything on the road with it (at least not yet).....better touch wood! LOL

Just get a good front mount intercooler with the tubes tucked up and not hanging down to hit anything and you won't have to worry about it.

Back