You can type here any text you want

pullin the motor

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

hiballin

Bettie is the boss
fellas, has anyone out there tried the plate that bolts to the intake in place of the upper plenum to pull the motor on a tta? i saw one at johns performance and am trying to figuer out if it's worth getting.

also, anyone ever try pullin the motor without removing the hood? i've done it on a gn but don't know if it'll work on a tta.

thanks!

you can take out the front bolts and loosen the rear ones enuff to open the hood up more to get it out .. Buicks are a lot easier :biggrin:

As long as the bolt holes arent stripped... its ok.

I disconnect the hood shocks and flip the hood straight up.. comes out like a breeze..

Last time I pulled my engine, I used the John's throttlebody plate. When I reinstalled the throttlebody I had a stripped plenum bolt hole. Could just be a coincidence, but I am very careful about starting bolts. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like you are putting too much weight on four aluminum bolt holes. Now, I just use a chain at the front and back of the heads.

Attachments

• IMG_0017.JPG
    IMG_0017.JPG
    133 KB · Views: 94
thanks for the replies, i think i'll skip the intake plate. it does seem like alot of wieght for that aluminum to deal with. thanks to razor for chimeing in too, i was looking at the hinges thinking that would work and now i know it does, right on! :D

we just used one on a friends GN and i got to admit i was worried as ive stripped those bolts out way too easy before. It worked without a problem but i sure wouldn't use one on my car

Back