Pump gas/Alky Mellissa bumps it up!! 9.94!!!!

He with deeper pockets usually wins!!!

we don't have deep pockets !!! just plain ol determination :biggrin: .. you think this junk is a walk in the park ?? everyone has growing pains :biggrin: I have watched many $20k motors run in the 12/13s pooping and farting down the track :eek:

we don't have deep pockets !!! just plain ol determination :biggrin: .. you think this junk is a walk in the park ?? everyone has growing pains :biggrin: I have watched many $20k motors run in the 12/13s pooping and farting down the track :eek:

I agree with you 100% it's plain determination, I know it's not a walk in the park, if not I'd be as fast as you guys... That's why we ask for the guidance!! - Even if it cost money. :biggrin: :biggrin: :eek:

Well, then. . . .I guess Russ would have no problem with making easy money... He doesn't have to work on my car... Doesn't have to get dirty.. doesn't have to worry about me blaming him for blowing up my car ect..... I said I would pay for the info!!!

Why would he sell you just the info for you to do whatever you want with?
How many tuners can you call up and buy just the tune up info? NONE
Most of them won't even give you the details after you pay them to build/tune the car. Stop looking for the easy way out.

Most of them won't even give you the details after you pay them to build/tune the car. Stop looking for the easy way out.

I'm not looking for a way out... I'm just trying to save myself from having to ship my car 1000+ miles, take time off work, spend more $ to get it back! And since I paid for it, I probably wouldn't give it out that easy!

If he spelled out the tuneup.... it will not likely work exactly as it should in another car...

I keep hearing....No knock... no knock.... you meet him in person..... guess what he will tell you....

If he spelled out the tuneup.... it will not likely work exactly as it should in another car...

I keep hearing....No knock... no knock.... you meet him in person..... guess what he will tell you....

Yea.... your right, but no nock doesn't say anything... what we're looking for is the traditional. . "I like to keep my 02 at 400 when I'm building boost of the line and keep them like that through first gear, then change my timing to X number for second gear while shifting at 6500 rpm.... "
At least that's the stuff i'd like to know... I'm assuming that someone that pulls that much power out of there car usually pays attention to details like that!
They watch everything... Not just NO KNOCK!!!!
Oh.. and guys.... I'm just having fun with this thread! I'm very impressed that they go that fast! I hope to be there in the future..

No knock is one of the the most important things in any tune up for any car. Detonation will break parts fast without making much power.
That is definately one part of the puzzle, but that by itself isn't what is making the car run like it does.

So true. My combo has been virtually the same from the time I was running mid 10's. Everytime out I learned something new and made little changes in tuning to make little steps in bettering my et and mph. The misconseption is bigger is better because poeple are impatient to fully maximize there setup. They figure if I add this and this it must go faster. This whole TSM class opened my eyes. Some of these guys in that class have very simple setups, and run hard numbers. I ran 9's with 5 to 6 pounds less boost then I normally run at the track. Use TSM as your benchmark guys, there is lots of info there.

Jason White 9.57 hyd roller
Walt Judy 9.58 with iron heads
Dave Bamford 9.23 with a 70GTQ
Look at where these parts have taken these dedicated guys.

great work guys, great tuneing also, can't wait to see what my gn does:confused: , i guess as long as you know the right combo and how to tune it correctly anythings possible. again great work 9's don't happen very easy. and all this with a 67 turbo and 60#injectors:eek:

Dude, your wrong! She bought it all last winter when we came up with this plan!! Paid in full!! I donated nothing!!

I met you at a BBQ joint in BG, I was with Kerney and Zimmerman..... You were pretty **** faced braggin about how you went 11 somthin with your giant autocross set up.......... I was just havin fun with ya cause your GUNNIN for us....... :D

And your gettin all worked up..........Where's the Michigan Mafia? :D
"When WE CAME UP WITH THIS PLAN" There's no WE! in my planning! It's just me trying one thing at a time, not some well known company/companys helping me.....Michigan Mafia? i'm confused :confused: I'm from TN!! Russ I'm not worked up at all and If I recall correctly Dick Kerney himself was impressed with my car and what it ran, maybe not you. That was the first shake down pass since the engine was put in and it was on 17" 255/45 falcon street tires. 2.230 60' and @ 20lbs of boost it went 123mph and it dead hooked with no spin at all... GIANT autocross set up? see there is your little bash again with giant! ! From what iv'e heard from you, even you would be impressed to see how SIMPLE my set up is! it's FAR from GIANT! And i'm not GUNNIN for her I'm simply going to have some fun and see just how close I can get my autocross car to her's. thats all... ;)

Dan says he's been working on these cars since they were made.

How many products do ya think he tried across the years?

How many chips...how many adjustments to those chips?

Unless I'm mistaken it took twenty years to get him here. Why should they spill the beans on the internet.

We all have the same oppurtunity to do this...after all this is America. Live your dream. The fun is trying to figure it out.

If its impossible to think that they did this with a scanmaster then do it your way and run those times with a chip, then tell the world your "secrets"

ok to save people a trip to Reynolds here is what the engine looks like .. guess I will start another thread with the combo in the car .. simple simple simple...tuning ??? nope!! :p ya have to have some fun !!:biggrin: oh ya "Optima" battery's rule :cool:
We don't want to see the engine. we already know what you already posted and said it looks stock and yes it does. But your progress is in: Tire size, tire pressure, Launch Boost, WOT boost, Gears and converter. And it's obvious you don't want to post that info and it's your choice. but I think it's a missconception to the people on the board when you guys come on here posting these killer times and say how simple the set up is and there isn't much to the combo and then these poor guys here have hope's of there cars doing this simple set up and when they ask what you've done to it then you won't say. Is this just a tease? I guess the bottom line is it comes down to a money thing like usual.

Congrats grumpy!

Dan says he's been working on these cars since they were made.

How many products do ya think he tried across the years?

How many chips...how many adjustments to those chips?

Unless I'm mistaken it took twenty years to get him here. Why should they spill the beans on the internet.

We all have the same oppurtunity to do this...after all this is America. Live your dream. The fun is trying to figure it out.

If its impossible to think that they did this with a scanmaster then do it your way and run those times with a chip, then tell the world your "secrets"
Dan can do what he wants but if I learn something and if I find something that works I won't BS the TR owners around and keep it to myself, I'll help them!! If I can help someone better there car that makes me happy. as a matter of fact iv'e had two people this week PM me to ask what iv'e done to my car to make it handle so well - And I didn't hesitate at all to tell them EXACTLY what was done and even what I plan on doing next....Maybe I sholdn't cause that might lead to a bunch of accidents! :rolleyes:

Dan can do what he wants but if I learn something and if I find something that works I won't BS the TR owners around and keep it to myself, I'll help them!! If I can help someone better there car that makes me happy. as a matter of fact iv'e had two people this week PM me to ask what iv'e done to my car to make it handle so well - And I didn't hesitate at all to tell them EXACTLY what was done and even what I plan on doing next....Maybe I sholdn't cause that might lead to a bunch of accidents! :rolleyes:

If he posted everything he has put into this combo...tune and all...how many people do you think could turn it into a 9.xx with a chip car??? I dunno.

How many people would break something blindly trying whatever they were told? I dunno.

Are they gonna give it up on the web? I DO know... hell no.

But they give me a goal...kinda set the bar. And that's cool.:biggrin:

If he posted everything he has put into this combo...tune and all...how many people do you think could turn it into a 9.xx with a chip car??? I dunno. It would give them a damn good start wouldn't it?[/SIZE]

How many people would break something blindly trying whatever they were told? I dunno. Everyone breaks stuff learning! what would be the difference?

Are they gonna give it up on the web? I DO know... hell no. Thats obvious![/SIZE]

But they give me a goal...kinda set the bar. And that's cool.:biggrin:
True! they did give people a goal all right! now everyone will be going out buying optima batteries, iridium plugs, and blowing engines anyway trying to get there whether or not. So whats the difference?

ok to save people a trip to Reynolds here is what the engine looks like .. guess I will start another thread with the combo in the car .. simple simple simple...tuning ??? nope!! :p ya have to have some fun !!:biggrin: oh ya "Optima" battery's rule :cool:

I figured it out after reviewing the engine pics!
That light blue stuff on the drivers inner fender must be some new crazy power adder! Adds 20 psi on demand.:tongue:

Once again, great job to all of you.
Lots of hard work paid off for you. And, it takes tons of tuning, street, and strip passes to pull this off.

I`d just like to go for a ride in that thing!:)

Brian

Let me get this right....
I need splitfires, Optima battery and alchy. Right? Joking:biggrin:

Guys, remember these setups don't run this good overnight. It takes lots of tuning, learning, little luck, and it helps to listen/know the right people. I have 80+ passes on my car this year trying to get it right. BTW my car is a street car, stock suspension with ATR bar and a bunch of used junk on a very tight budget. I just use c16 b/c I can't afford alchy yet:mad:

Again, congrats on the times. Hope to see it down at Reynolds (need to save some money for gas to get down there:eek: )

For the $$$ you spend on C-16 over the racing season you could buy an alky system:cool: . I'm trying to hit the track before it closes to see what I can run in street trim.

Can anyone tell me what gap I should run my Split Fires at?:eek:

J/K

Wow, people love to hate.:rolleyes:

Either that or they are jealous...

I think the real reason Dan won't give the tune details is he's forgotten them.:D

Being a neophite at tuning I know I haven't started to scratch the surface with my car. I have learned to listen very carefully and look very close, most of all not flap my trap. Knowing others tune is interesting but to think you can copy what they have done exactly is not realistic. Even the weather will change the tune so nothing is static.

There was no fuss about this car when it was in BG, by the way it impressed me there. What 10.50's at 128-130 if I remember. That car was so slow out the hole it was pathetic. She was leaving off the footbrake that didn't hold the car at all. Now they are leaving on boost.
Bottom line is they can give detailed tuning instructions and nobody will run exactly what Melissa's car runs. No two cars are alike, no two combo's are identical. Dan gave the biggest secret he could possibly give.
Another point, my old car had GN1's, 214/210 roller,70Q trim, 83's and very little tuning. That car would run 131-132 all day long in the dead heat of summer. It's easy for me to believe what Russ, Dan and Melissa are doing. I've never been as fast as them, but I never tuned as much as them either.