You can type here any text you want

Question on Alternator Mounts

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

noslow6

I'm having an issues with my alternato bely on my Stage 2 motor. The current setup as follows.

PT 76 on Passenger Side
Lower Drivers side is dry sump
Upper Drivers side is Powermaster Alternator

I have 2 cog belts - one for dry sump and one for Alternator
Waterpump is electric.

The Alternator belt keeps walking to the front of the pully. We had to custome fab some brackets. I was wondering what others with a stage 2 are doing for the alternator and mount.

Thanks

Joe

I kept my P/S and went with a Champion Bracket and some Jones Racing Products pulleys. Nothing was fabbed on my set up just re-arranged. The only thing that I need to fab up is the mount for the external 3 stage wet vac pump from Johnson that's going on the passenger side.

The alternator and P/S pulleys and belt is radius tooth.

I take some pics Friday of the set up.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Here is how mine is mounted. I had to add the mount in the back because my belt was coming loose otherwise.

HTH,
Scott

Attachments

• Alt. mount 001.jpg
    Alt. mount 001.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 200
  • Alt. mount 002.jpg
    Alt. mount 002.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 197
I used a Champion P/S - AC delete bracket. Mounted the P/S bracket flush with piece that attaches to the head. The pivot point has a longer bolt so I can attach the little bracket that adjusts the alternator (forgot to take a pic of it).

The stock GN P/S pump runs backwards. I bought an aluminum body P/S pump from Jones Racing Products along with their radius tooth pulleys and belt.

The 3 stage wet vac external pump is going on the passenger side below the turbo.

P9070057-1-1.jpg

P9070066-2.jpg

P9070067.jpg

P9070069.jpg

P9070071.jpg

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Billy- thats a beautiful arrangement- is the front cover also from jones racing?

The front cover and belt drive is from Mike Boeher (BlownV6), a Danny Bee piece I believe. He also can modify your distributor to run off the front of the cam.

There was a thread on here about a month ago by Mike (BlownV6) getting a count to make some more belt drive setups. If you want in, get ahold of him.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Looks great Billy. Do you think it will be out this year?

I'm not rushing anything. With the season almost to the end, I will probably drop it in and have it ready for the beginning of the year. Probably drive it on the street in the cool fall weather and have some fun :rolleyes: before the snow sets in.

Thanks to all

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Back