You can type here any text you want

radiator hoses

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbo tom

Who sells the upper and lower radiator hoses for an 1987 Grand National? The GM dealer says they discontinued the lower hose. Thanks for any help.

turbo tom

If you cannot locate the hose anywhere, try Kirban performance or gbodyparts.

Autozone near my in Chicago, IL did not have them but PepBoys did. I think Napa does too.

aftermarket lower hoses dont have the spring in the lower hose. i got my lower hose from nos4gn

aftermarket lower hoses dont have the spring in the lower hose. i got my lower hose from nos4gn
i don't think any lower hoses have the spring in them any more. unless you've got some sort of blockage, the lower hose will not collapse.

kirban 2 cents worth

Above info members wrote is correct. One side note we carry both and I believe the bottom hose is the same for all the V6s its the top hose that is different for the intercooler 1986-1987 Turbo Regals. That hose you may have problems locating at a local auto store.

While buying GM may be your intention, you would be amazed at how many different countries of origin now show up on GM sealed boxes. I am sure gbodyparts can also confirm this.

I have seen India, China, even had Corvette parts for the C5 say Korea on them.
We may be bailing out GM with our tax money while they in turn seem to be supporting various other countries.

I doubt Corvette owners would be pleased to learn some of their C5 parts come from Korea.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Owned a few over the years.....actually more than a few.

kirban 2 cents worth

Above info members wrote is correct. One side note we carry both and I believe the bottom hose is the same for all the V6s its the top hose that is different for the intercooler 1986-1987 Turbo Regals. That hose you may have problems locating at a local auto store.

While buying GM may be your intention, you would be amazed at how many different countries of origin now show up on GM sealed boxes. I am sure gbodyparts can also confirm this.

We may be bailing out GM with our tax money while they in turn seem to be supporting various other countries.

I doubt Corvette owners would be pleased to learn some of their C5 parts come from Korea.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I get the upper hose at Advance Auto all the time. They usually have it the next day. And it dead on to a factory hose. About $12

and I believe the bottom hose is the same for all the V6s its the top hose that is different for the intercooler 1986-1987 Turbo Regals.

NA and IC lower hoses are indeed different. The IC hose doesn't have that curved bend off the water pump as it needs to be straight to clear that top oil cooler line fitting at the oil pump and filter area.

Who cares where the stuff is built. Be thankfull that GBodyParts bought enough of those parts in volumns to keep the warehouses stocked this long. :D The correct lower hose would still be available if it wasn't for the current economic condition that The General is having. Better stock up on what you can now. It aint getting any prettier.:mad:

Here's 2 pics showing the difference. The hose with the white label is from a NA 231. In the bottom pic the lower hose is the IC hose and you can see why it's straight in that area.:cool:

Attachments

• Erics Pix 1084.jpg
    Erics Pix 1084.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 207
  • Erics Pix 1085.jpg
    Erics Pix 1085.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 193
kirban 2 cents worth

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Dennis you are correct on different origins. Like I previously posted Made in China is on alot of GM parts now.

I Spoke with a gentleman in MI. yesterday. He told me they now have parts on the LS-7 vettes have parts made in China on the motor. He works on them daily for GM.

Personally we could go to auto zone & buy a $12.00 upper hose.
Anyone can offer after market seals. Years of doing this you understand that GM parts made it 20+ years due to the quality.Does any one have soft seal roof seals that made it 20 years?????

Anyone can buy after market at the zone. The old saying you get what you pay for. I feel that is why customers come to Gbodyparts or Kirbans Performance is to get the good quality parts. Even with the lower hose problem....We went to GM. When they went out we went to a/c delco.

Now before you go running to Delco they are officially out of the correct hose. We will still offer the A/C delco lower hose.A/C Delco will be the N/A style.
When they run out we will go to a source & get the correct hose made for a TR. We have been working with another company to make all the form fitted vacuum lines for our cars.

Dennis you are correct on different origins. Like I previously posted Made in China is on alot of GM parts now.

I Spoke with a gentleman in MI. yesterday. He told me they now have parts on the LS-7 vettes have parts made in China on the motor. He works on them daily for GM.

Personally we could go to auto zone & buy a $12.00 upper hose.
Anyone can offer after market seals. Years of doing this you understand that GM parts made it 20+ years due to the quality.Does any one have soft seal roof seals that made it 20 years?????

Anyone can buy after market at the zone. The old saying you get what you pay for. I feel that is why customers come to Gbodyparts or Kirbans Performance is to get the good quality parts. Even with the lower hose problem....We went to GM. When they went out we went to a/c delco.

Now before you go running to Delco they are officially out of the correct hose. We will still offer the A/C delco lower hose.A/C Delco will be the N/A style.
When they run out we will go to a source & get the correct hose made for a TR. We have been working with another company to make all the form fitted vacuum lines for our cars.

"the form fitted vacuum lines for our cars." are these avalible today? Are they OEM style / look ?

Also any plans to get the 2 throttle body coolent hoses reproduced (OEM style/look) ?

NA and IC lower hoses are indeed different. The IC hose doesn't have that curved bend off the water pump as it needs to be straight to clear that top oil cooler line fitting at the oil pump and filter area.

Who cares where the stuff is built. Be thankfull that GBodyParts bought enough of those parts in volumns to keep the warehouses stocked this long. :D The correct lower hose would still be available if it wasn't for the current economic condition that The General is having. Better stock up on what you can now. It aint getting any prettier.:mad:

Here's 2 pics showing the difference. The hose with the white label is from a NA 231. In the bottom pic the lower hose is the IC hose and you can see why it's straight in that area.:cool:

That's good peice of info there!:)

kirbans 2 cents worth

I agree to some extent as to "who cares where something is built" However based on China's recent track record I would avoid at all costs putting anything in your mouth made in China. Heck they even screwed up the milk formula for their own people!

I think they made the tires that are on my car trailer, so I plan to get a US brand shortly. Just a little uneasy with something between me and the road. The radiator hose not a big issue on where its made.

Its a standard joke with my 10 year old grand daughter at Christmas every year, she counts up her presents to see how many come from China.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Heck, I'd be a rich person if my company just printed the made in china labels for the companies over there.

"the form fitted vacuum lines for our cars." are these avalible today? Are they OEM style / look ?

Also any plans to get the 2 throttle body coolent hoses reproduced (OEM style/look) ?

Jan we are planning on doing them in silicone. They will be form fitted. Just gives the customer the option of color & durability. They don't dry rot. If you need a nice set of coolant to TB lines original just take care of the shipping i'll send you a set over there. Will not be new but I have a 30 gallon bucket back there with used clean original lines.

radiator hose made in the U.S.A. still available

I found a place who has them in stock,made in the U.S.A. Made by gates with the spring in them.For anyone who is interested.

turbo tom

I found a place who has them in stock,made in the U.S.A. Made by gates with the spring in them.For anyone who is interested.

turbo tom

Tom we ordered the gates up & it came in like the N/A. If you can get the correct one that is great.

Back