You can type here any text you want

Real Or False Knock?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BOOSTD1

1987 Gn With 57000 Miles All Stock Except Fuel Pump, Hotwire Kit, Fpr, 38lb Injectorsand O2
At Wot I Have 850 O2's And 7 To 9 Deg 0f Retard With 91 Oct Fuel And 15lbs Of Boost What Am I Missing Would Like To Race It Tomarrow Runs A 13.3 At 101 On 100 Oct With No Kr

Can you hear the knock? Using scanmaster? You sure that it is not .7 to .9 of knock?

If the knock goes away when you put in 100 oct, then it's real knock.
14 to 15 lbs of boost sounds about right for 91 oct. If the car is only capable of 101 mph on 100 oct, and with a proper tune, then there might be something wrong. make sure that the car's in good health before you go turning up the boost. With a 13.30 at 101, you must have some good tires.
I'm thinking, get Razor's alky, a Turbo Tweak chip, and go mid 12s on 91 oct;) .

Happy spooling.

Mike Barnard

Scanmaster And It Reads Like 7.6 You Can Not Hear Any Knock Just Dont Want T Pop Head Gaskets

Advice is probably a little late now but here it goes. As mentioned if it goes away with higher octane it’s probably real knock. Take the car out in 3rd gear and slowly roll into a WOT. If the knock appears and rises then its real knock. If it just shows 7 with nothing prior then goes away its probably false.

Back