Real street power from Disco Stu:)

Wazvette

So...I came to John P. (Disco stu) with a GN that had a bad engine and a weak tranny. John took the time to explain to me what is a good plan for me after hearing my goals. I wanted a fast street car period. No race gas just meth. My goal was to produce a 10 second daily driven car with A/C ,power steering, and cruise control. From the look of it Disco stu might have delivered something better.

Anyways...the basics...Built Zimmerman block, HPQ 70, Aluminum heads, 218 cam, Razor kit, And a SICK tranny built by JD.

Here is what the car did on a low reading Mustang dyno with meth and pump gas:D ...

CCF01082009_00000-2.jpg

Again..I am thankful for the great work and knowledge that Disco stu provided...He delivered a turn key car that exceeded my expectations.

I also want to than JD for a stout tranny:cool:

Ill let Disco Stu take it from here since its his creation.:)

BTW, the RPM is way off since the inductive lead for the dyno was broken. But I'm happy with 684 ft #'s of torque.

And I believe that the tires were slipping because of weird dips on some pulls. Not to mention that the rollers were simply shaving rubber off the Hoosier drag radials. You could run your hand across the tires and ball up a grip of rubber. I was seeing rubber flying all over the place out of the corner of my eye as I was watching the laptop. :eek:

Oh yeah, I would like to thank Eric of Turbotweak. The speed density chip is a snap and runs and drives very well.

VERY NICE NUMBERS! :cool:

The rpm's were the first thing I noticed....Glad you cleared that quick. I was like holy crap, that thing has a TON left in it and probably still does:wink:

I think it does. But I did not want to wring it out too bad. I stopped at 20 deg since it has pretty high compression. The car seemed happiest at 11.2 A/F. Opening the dump was worth about ~25 hp with the Hooker Aerochamber exhaust. Like I said, I think that the tires were starting to slip, you can see the dip towards the end of the run but it came back up, which happened on a few other runs at varying RPM.

for a comparison...if such a thing is possible...my 2003 paxton supercharged viper srt-10 produced 540hp and 48x pound of tq on a mustang...it pulled HARD in any gear...with this amount of tq the GN is producing on the same type of dyno.. i think it could move a small planet in my eyes at least :lol:

I wish that i kept it just to see what a grandma car could do to it..I couldnt...got married instead :rolleyes:

P1010109.jpg

2003Viper.jpg

DAMN. That's a nice Viper, Dave. I'm glad you never ran across any built Buicks when you had it. ;)

I'm suprised it did not make more power. Didn't those have 500 HP 525 Tq stock?

DAMN. That's a nice Viper, Dave. I'm glad you never ran across any built Buicks when you had it. ;)

I'm suprised it did not make more power. Didn't those have 500 HP 525 Tq stock?

Yep..but not to the wheels my friend...that paxton kit was rated at 620 whp (Dyno jet) and 671 hp crank...

SuperchargersOnline.com :: Product: Paxton NOVI 2000 Supercharger Kit w/ Aftercooler for 2003-2006 Dodge Viper (Satin)

...it was plug and play with its own ECU...the margin of error was minuscule...Mustang dynos are just heart breakers man. The guy who owned the dyno was giving me an hour lecture on how to respect the power...I was like really ! thats allot?!! ..little did I know.

By the way ..the viper was otherwise stock I just added the supercharger and intake with 7 # pulley ( high compression here)...not even an exhaust...but still I think my GN can run circles around it:biggrin:.

Very strong numbers. Too bad you're in TX.
Disco is definately a good guy to work with. Congrats!

Thanks Red C5. BTW, your radiator is in this car. It never got over 165. And the tranny temp read 170 (no external cooler!)after a run with an infrared gun pointed at the torque convertor. That radiator and dual Spals are the best cooling combo I've done on these cars.

That is very strong!

Great numbers that thing is a beast on the street I bet!

Dont be down about the numbers on an MD dyno, they will always read lower than a dyno jet because they are way more accurate and load the car more to real world conditions. If you are shooting just for a high dyno reading then go strap the car on a dynojet and you will be surprised. This was explained to me from my buddy that runs a mustang shop here in Ga when he dyno tuned my car a few years back, on low boost he was very impressed with what the car put down on his dyno.

Very impressive....post up some times when you get'em :cool:

Based on the rpm problem which is very evident since hp and tq are not equal at 5252rpm i think the numbers are more like this 650hp/600tq. Really good numbers and enough to run 9's. What was your dc, pump speed? Next time throw 200 lbs in the trunk