Robbed ,ripped off, stole from .. Shop break in alert !!

if the same type i've used back in my dealership days, it's somewhat like an electronic tuning fork, it can isolate which frequency is causing the vibration.
Wheels/axles have a different peak than say a driveshaft and engine speed can be varied to differentiate the driveline. Very interesting tool.
We used to see a lot of complaints of vibration on acceleration with certain chassis combinations, especially suburbans and trucks using the 2-piece driveshaft with center bearing mounts.

Kevin.
yep .. I missed the question last night .. Thanks kevin .. A very handy tool for locating vibration from a car or truck .. It will find front wheel hub bearing noise before the human can feel it or hear it ..i have one myself for my car collection .. I got tierd of loaning it to the shop so i bought the shop one of its own .. It was stolen three days later .. They only took the best of the best and left the second class stuff in its place .. They knew the shop tools thats for sure .. I had three locked work benches they only broke into the one holding all the electronic test equipment ..

.. They only took the best of the best and left the second class stuff in its place .. They knew the shop tools thats for sure .. I had three locked work benches they only broke into the one holding all the electronic test equipment ..

WOW!

So you're fully aware of it being an inside job meant to make you mad.
Not alot 'you' can do if they did it just to bury the stuff in a hole somewhere, knowing your anger was the intent.

Of course 'something' could mysteriously happen to them anonymously.;)

Would Serve Em Right!:mad:

oilman, i hope you find out who did it. I searched for vibration analyzer automotive use and this bosch unit came up. Is it the one you had? Website doesn't give the price. How much was yours and is it similar? noise vibration harshness analyzer
check out ebay they have several listed for less then half price .. Kent moore eva 2 .. Is what i bought little over $1700.00 new .. You should be able to get a used one for less then $500.00

I hope you get your property back. There are a lot of scumbags around these days. My son in law has a car wash in Elkhart where 2 weeks ago at 2am two dirtbags stole the pay station, ripping it from it's mooring and doing a lot of damage. They wore hoodies so they couldn't be identified on cameras. It only contained a few bucks but cost 10k to replace! The problem is no one throws the book at these scumbags when caught. Our society today seems to be more worried about the comfort of the prisoners rather than caring about crime victims. Most times, it's the same criminals repeating crimes over and over again with little incentive to stop.

i hope you get your property back. There are a lot of scumbags around these days. My son in law has a car wash in elkhart where 2 weeks ago at 2am two dirtbags stole the pay station, ripping it from it's mooring and doing a lot of damage. They wore hoodies so they couldn't be identified on cameras. It only contained a few bucks but cost 10k to replace! The problem is no one throws the book at these scumbags when caught. Our society today seems to be more worried about the comfort of the prisoners rather than caring about crime victims. Most times, it's the same criminals repeating crimes over and over again with little incentive to stop.
i think your son inlaw is the only car wash not owned by hodgie the iranian anymore .. Pm me where in elkhart when im in town ill stop by and get my truck washed .visit any instant lube or quick time lube center and i will take care of you .. Ask for paul

wow!

So you're fully aware of it being an inside job meant to make you mad.
Not alot 'you' can do if they did it just to bury the stuff in a hole somewhere, knowing your anger was the intent.

Of course 'something' could mysteriously happen to them anonymously.;)

would serve em right!:mad:
lol ... Like the judicial system would punish them .. Crooks come out even better at thier trade .. It's a joke .. Id rather catch them and beat the living chit out of them .. What are they gonna do call the police ?? Rivi im getting to the point that im just going to sell everything and retire at the ripe old age of 45 .. Why should i continue to give back to people that would rob me blind .. At this point in my life i want to be south and warm .. Not north and frozen .. Im gonna go to florida or arizona and open a speed shop and play with all my toys till im dead or bankrupt ... Just dont tell cal or nick .. My shops up north give me more trouble than anywhere else in the country .. I just dont understand >> ..

Well we have beat the cost estimate already and im only about 3/4 the of the way to replacing everything .. My insurance company gave me copy's of some picture's we had on file so we can pin point exactly what was taken ..i did not think i had that much invested .. But when you buy things over time they really stack up to some value .. We should have everything in house by the end of the week .. Maybe i'll be able to reopen by friday or saturday of this week .. Im hoping .. I could use the money .. My deductable suck's . But helps to make coverage affordable .. So it is what it is ..THEY ALSO TOOK THE KEYS TO MY PLOW TRUCK AND LOCKED THE DAMN DOORS SO I HAVE TO GET A LOCKSMITH TO MAKE ME ANOTHER SET OF KEYS AND GET HER OPEN .. I HATE SCUMBAGS !!!

best of luck to you and your shop ... economy is bad enough .... If its tools to work with they will sell them ... u checked the local an surrounding area pawn shops ?

Although it sucks having to replace stolen items at least you thought ahead with pictures of your tools, very smart!! Good luck to you, hope your business has not been hurt too much.
If you need any input on cameras or security system please let me know. I have done cameras in WalMarts/Target's across the country with racks full of DVR's (350 cameras in most WalMart's ), in sight and covert. We are also a DSC security system dealer.

Bryan

although it sucks having to replace stolen items at least you thought ahead with pictures of your tools, very smart!! Good luck to you, hope your business has not been hurt too much.
If you need any input on cameras or security system please let me know. I have done cameras in walmarts/target's across the country with racks full of dvr's (350 cameras in most walmart's ), in sight and covert. We are also a dsc security system dealer.

Bryan
bryan .. The shop was set up well .. One of my partners in another company is an security guru so to speak .. He does the prisons in indiana and some in michigan .. But the best security can be beat when they take your shop torch and cut the security box open and steal it .. We have relocated the cameras so even the tallest ladder in the building can not reach so spray paint wont happen twice .. I bought a gun cabbinet to store the torches .. I can say without a doubt that it is a current or former employee .. I ordered a new geocom system to replace the one they took .. It was passworded so i dont think they can get into it .. But if it's found they know they are the stars on the footage .. We are gonna make the next attempt to robb this place a real chore.. All the out side doors that are not entry only open from the inside now .. Got any other ideas .. If you do a google search for 1512 miami st south bend indiana 46613 .. You will see the building in question .. The overhead doors are pad locked at night and have a steel cage over the windows .. I thought the bay door windows where our weak spot .. Boy was i wrong >>

bryan .. The shop was set up well .. One of my partners in another company is an security guru so to speak .. He does the prisons in indiana and some in michigan .. But the best security can be beat when they take your shop torch and cut the security box open and steal it .. We have relocated the cameras so even the tallest ladder in the building can not reach so spray paint wont happen twice .. I bought a gun cabbinet to store the torches .. I can say without a doubt that it is a current or former employee .. I ordered a new geocom system to replace the one they took .. It was passworded so i dont think they can get into it .. But if it's found they know they are the stars on the footage .. We are gonna make the next attempt to robb this place a real chore.. All the out side doors that are not entry only open from the inside now also .. Got any other ideas .. If you do a google search for 1512 miami st south bend indiana 46613 .. You will see the building in question .. The overhead doors are pad locked at night and have a steel cage over the windows .. I thought the bay door windows where our weak spot .. Boy was i wrong >>

PM coming after I google your building.

Bryan

Outside cameras and cell phone alarm backup.. Can't cut air!! Have them here at my shop.. Good luck on getting back up and catching the perps..

Although it sucks having to replace stolen items at least you thought ahead with pictures of your tools, very smart!!
Bryan

This is a plan I have followed for many yrs. A vid and stills of all the tools in the shop, the large z-turn mower, and any/all other powered lawn/garden tools I have.

In the FWIW dept: I have been advised by my home owners agent, that ONLY misc household tools are covered. ALL the major tools, welders, sheetmetal brake, etc, would have to be covered by a separate policy! [At a premium of MORE than the total home owners policy cost!]
He also advised me that my car would not be covered in event of fire, unless they were in an "inoperable state"..IE: disassembled. They run, the coverage is in the auto policy.

Heres a bump for the oil man, cmon guys lets keep this all fresh in our heads somebody somewhere is going to slip up and hopefuly by keeping this thread hot people will remember and these rotten bastards can get what they have coming to them 10 min locked in a room with paul! I got dibs on front row, paul let me know if there is anything I can do to help, Eric

this is a plan i have followed for many yrs. A vid and stills of all the tools in the shop, the large z-turn mower, and any/all other powered lawn/garden tools i have.

In the fwiw dept: I have been advised by my home owners agent, that only misc household tools are covered. All the major tools, welders, sheetmetal brake, etc, would have to be covered by a separate policy! [at a premium of more than the total home owners policy cost!]
he also advised me that my car would not be covered in event of fire, unless they were in an "inoperable state"..ie: Disassembled. They run, the coverage is in the auto policy.
this was a shop on a commercial policy ..everything is covered minus deductable . I do have pictures on file .. Thats what we used to confirm the missing items .. My cars are stored in a commercial warehouse with a commercial policy also .. My wife is my agent .. Shes a broker . If my stuff was not covered i would have to fire her azz .. Lol

heres a bump for the oil man, cmon guys lets keep this all fresh in our heads somebody somewhere is going to slip up and hopefuly by keeping this thread hot people will remember and these rotten bastards can get what they have coming to them 10 min locked in a room with paul! I got dibs on front row, paul let me know if there is anything i can do to help, eric
i got a call this am .. My credit card machine was pluged into a phone line at the public library last night around 630 pm .. They have vedio footage we are trying to get from them ..we might just get'em ..