Roll bar is it or is it not still a street car!!

WH1_T-Type said:
I think it is pretty simple: if it is LEGAL for you to drive it on a public street, and you feel comfortable doing so....it is a street car. A race car is not street legal.

Agreed. Here's my street car: :)

Attachments

• image-1302469263.jpg
    image-1302469263.jpg
    316 KB · Views: 226
  • image-3547766425.jpg
    image-3547766425.jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 212
Well it has 58k on it but pushing it in and out of the carport it mite go 1 to 2 mph lol waiting for my motor to be finished but said and done win I save up enough $$ to get a cage or halo of some sort done right i'll do it and they can call it what ever they want but it will be driven to the track and to get bread and milk and dipers but it mite be towed home but it will be driven there i'll just hope for the best and hope I spent enough $$$ ????

I'd get the new motor sorted and tuned and she what she runs first!
I bet you getting anxious the here that thing burn gas again huh...

There are no words to explain how ready I am iv been down for over a year and a few thousand dollars iv done every thing I could ex work the streets and sold everything I have and worked extra jobs to fund this I just want to go down the road!!

Why is it everyone says it isn't a street car just because u want a little safety??
. Here's how I see it my sons car [ oh no a mustang] put down 830 rwhp with a baby tune up and I fully expect it to make 1050 or better once its turned up it has a roll cage in it, he wanted it and its 99 percent street car. My T won't make that much power but will be 9xx capable and I have no desire for a bar even tho it should I just don't want to cut the car up for it. 15 years ago 600 HP and high 10 seconds was a fast street car now a days u better have 1000 or more to get respect. Hell there are 1500 HP awd lambos running around here. The street car definition has changed. Personally I like the look of car with a cage in it on the street. Do it how you want it and FTW

It's still has a tag I did not want no one to get it (JUSTAV6) lol and ya i'll do with it what I want I Might even flat black it that mite even piss more people off to but its mine what ever I do its mine but it will be done right$$$$

I personally think a street car is a car with no cage . A cage/ bar is a race car hands down...... but this is my opinion.

Just like the debate over fiberglass bumpers are not for street cars but guys bolt them on all the time.......

One of these days i'll have a streetable race car after i get a bar installed..............it just won;t have any sponsor logos on it LOL.......

Mine should have at a minimum a bar, but, it's not going to get one. It'll go to the track once or twice more, after that, street blasts.

A street car is what ever the owner of the car is comfortable with. A cage doesn't make a street car unworthy of being a street car, it just comes with limitations. In my case, a cage would void my insurance policy on the street if ever i got into a accident. I was warned about that when I had my appraisal done. Having a cage is nothing i am opposed to. It just doesn't fit my lifestyle. I take my kids everywhere with me. When they hear the car fire up, they run to the door and ask if they can come. I take it to church and the Pastor lets me put it on the front lawn in front of the building, car shows, cruises etc, all with my family with and my neighbours kids too. That is where this car spends 99% of its time throughout the year.
My sig gives off a false sense of what my car is used for. It only looks like this one or two days out of the year when it goes to the track on a rental day for 2 passes. I respect peoples concerns and advice, I really do, "IF" its genuine. But not everybodies situation is the same.

ttypewhite said:
A street car is what ever the owner of the car is comfortable with. A cage doesn't make a street car unworthy of being a street car, it just comes with limitations. In my case, a cage would void my insurance policy on the street if ever i got into a accident. I was warned about that when I had my appraisal done. Having a cage is nothing i am opposed to. It just doesn't fit my lifestyle. I take my kids everywhere with me. When they hear the car fire up, they run to the door and ask if they can come. I take it to church and the Pastor lets me put it on the front lawn in front of the building, car shows, cruises etc, all with my family with and my neighbours kids too. That is where this car spends 99% of its time throughout the year.
My sig gives off a false sense of what my car is used for. It only looks like this one or two days out of the year when it goes to the track on a rental day for 2 passes. I respect peoples concerns and advice, I really do, "IF" its genuine. But not everybodies situation is the same.

Sounds about like me... Closet track is 120 miles I'm already booted, next closest track ill be booted from here within 60 days, I wanted a 9 second CAPABLE car. Not a 9 second race car which in IMO is what a bar, or, cage does to a car unless you're willing to wear helmets everyplace you go. JUST MY OPINION.

It's still has a tag I did not want no one to get it (JUSTAV6) lol and ya i'll do with it what I want I Might even flat black it that mite even piss more people off to but its mine what ever I do its mine but it will be done right$$$$

Are you in Ohio? Never mind, I just looked at your sig. there's a guy running around here with the same plate.

I have a track about 40min,45min,and 2 at 1.5 hrs each plenty for a little racing ha ha lol!!