Roll bar is it or is it not still a street car!!

tbone87

Why is it everyone says it isn't a street car just because u want a little safety??

I feel the same way if I run (+-) 6.50s I feel it's needed plus run at the track 1 time and get kicked out!

I have anguished over this issue for a while now.

I'm all for safety but when you put a bar in the car it is transformed into something other than a real street car. That's just my opinion.

I will now get in my 10 sec street car and roll out to work.........:)

Maybe they just feel it's more of a race car or they just don't have enough to need a cage. Mine mite not fall out of a tree but im going to try like he'll to make it run. I'll drive to the track but mite have to get it towed home but all u can do is hope for the best and hope I spent enough. U people are great!!!!

Hell with using a roll bar at all !! Come on ya just run a few times a year goin 130/150+ mph :rolleyes: NO WAY do ya need it until that one time you go asshole over elbows down the track. Then if you die or just become a sitting drueler the wife and a lawyer will be at the track lookin for the $$$$ because YOU fucked up. You go to the track an have no safety shit your GONE (not running at my local track anyway)... Veryy simple to understand isn't it ?? Any crash at the track can sure get real ugly quick !!

it makes me laugh when people talk about how the dont want to cut up their 10 sec cars. I have never valued my car more than my own safety. To each their own i guess..... Its like the saying goes.....Ya put a $25 helmet on a $25 head.

If you really want to go fast, take off the doors, glass, seatbelts and sit on a milk crate

I couldn't agree with all of you more on the safey aspect of your comments.

I was right there when Scott Atkinson wadded his 9 second car up with only a bar in it (not a cage, as was required) in 2012. I'm fully aware of the consequences even the smallest crash can have.

I didn't say I wouldn't put a bar in my car, I will have to if I want to continue to take it to the track. The fact is, all the dragstips in Phoenix are currently closed and there is only a glimmer of hope that one will re-open anytime soon, so I don't have to get one just yet.

The title to the thread and the OP's question was "Roll bar - is it or is it not still a street car!!"

I merely stated that, in my opinion, a roll bar transforms a car like mine, a 10 second, daily drivable car with working A/C, cruise control, and all the other aminities that originally came with the car right down to the spare tire and jack, from a real street car into something other than a real street car, whatever that may be classified as.

Again, it's merely an opinion and in no way was a comment directed to the safety aspect of bar vs. no bar.

I agree also to me there is nothing like seeing a cage in a car but its just wether u want to or not on the bright side if a cop pulls u over he knows ur safer than a seat belt just don't have a helmet on busted!!!!!

I spent 10 years fighting against installing a roll bar but finally gave in and I've been pleasantly surprised and have no regrets about doing it. Only had people in the back seat twice in 12 years so no utilization loss there. I sometimes wonder if I have enough roll bar as car ran 10.44 @ 128.92 last Friday night on 21-22 lbs of boost and 93/alky fuel combo.

I still consider the car a street car since it has all amenities, runs on pump gas, drives smooth as silk and I drive it anywhere or anytime I please except in the rain/snow or on dirt/gravel roads. Track is about 60 miles away and I've driven it there and back home for over 12 years and over 200 passes.

U can't beat that I always liked as a cool factor I hope to be down there before long too?????

Totally a street car
I have run 10's and drove it home...
Fully optioned car all items working, seats a/c stereo power windows ect ect nothing gutted or removed.
Seats 5! twist.jpgfront seats.jpgrear seat.jpg

Nice everyone needs a o shit bar ha ha fast or not too many stupids these days on the road

Roll bar= street
Cage= race car
There's a certain point where safety equipment becomes a safety issue on the street.